Paying to ride to school

May 10, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

We're seeing an increase in this type of fee. -- State Rep. Carolyn C. Dykema, D-HOLLISTON Like so many school districts, Westboro is staring at a budget deficit.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2011
Holliston Robin Hood

Natick, MA

#1 May 19, 2009
Only in MA would you have a State Rep that promotes and prefers increasing taxes to all - instead of demanding cost containment measures.
Resist the urge to pay for these fees and fight back - demand that school systems run more efficiently such as cutting down on the number of administrators - no more multi-year teacher pay increase contracts - and how about consolidating towns under one superintendent,serving several instead of just one town (let them earn their $100K plus salaries).
It's so easy to just tax us more - so PUSH BACK on them!
SadieGirlz

Auburn, MA

#2 Mar 9, 2011
no it has to be free

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holliston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Final Letter to Brian Aug 28 AmyS 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Aug 24 jtn 2
Timothy Rockwood (Jun '09) Aug 17 Roger 5
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Illegal Immigration Chat Show (Mar '07) Jul '14 terry 26
Review: Quintanilla Tax Attorneys Jun '14 Anonymous 1
•••

Holliston News Video

•••
•••

Holliston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Holliston People Search