Deadly virus outbreak

Deadly virus outbreak

There are 14 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Deadly virus outbreak. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

HOLLISTER -- April Whybark has her heart set on a red-nosed pit bull at Taney County's Animal Control facility, but she is worried that a disease outbreak could end in heartbreak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

puppylover

Birmingham, AL

#1 Mar 16, 2007
I have known Jim for years.....believe every word he says. This is one of those things that no one wants to see or talk about and breaks your heart that you can't "fix". Taney county has many things needing help with. The level of poverty created by wages paid by "the good old boys" works down to the inability of families to afford spay and neuter fees nor the vaccinations the pets need to survive. I know our family struggles to pay the bills, as I am sure most that truly care also fight to survive. Perhaps some of the budget spent next year for new county vehicles or fancy woodwork in the judicial facility could wait. It is sad that the animals don't have more people speaking up for them. It is really "typical" that the local newspapers and radio have put this on the back burner.
puppy hunter

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2012
ready aim....
puppy lover

Galena, MO

#3 Jun 12, 2012
thats not funny i love my dog and i hate to see any dog sick
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#4 Jun 13, 2012
Couldnt pull this article up ...

One point -
The expense of a rabies shot is 3 times less than the vet visit, and thats per pet .... if the County added a vaccination station (at the dog pound perhaps) where an annual vaccination for dogs and cats could be administered . I could pay a little more for the shot and lose the per pet office visit cost . It takes less that a min to administer .
Rick

Haslet, TX

#5 Jun 16, 2012
SuZ wrote:

One point -
The expense of a rabies shot is 3 times less than the vet visit, and thats per pet .... if the County added a vaccination station (at the dog pound perhaps) where an annual vaccination for dogs and cats could be administered . I could pay a little more for the shot and lose the per pet office visit cost . It takes less that a min to administer .
Oh ya SuZ!! Let the taxpayer foot the bill
Responsible Pet Owner

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jun 16, 2012
SuZ wrote:
One point -
If you are going to have a pet, it's your responsibility to have it vaccinated. Why should the public pay for a decision you made? If you really hate to see and animal suffer, don't get one unless you have the means to care for it.
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#7 Jun 16, 2012
That is NOT what it says at all.
What I said is a routine rabies is just that routine ... where in the post did I not say pay? I said I would be willing to pay more for the vaccination because the level of care to administer the vaccine is not that of what it takes to be a DVM. Veterinarians I am familiar with dont offer levels of care. Our public schools offer shots ... it does not require a Dr. to administer shots to children . Are you saying we are to treat our pets better than our children?
Offering this type of ave. for cats and dogs will only result in more of the pets receiving the rabies vaccination and in the end that is what we are trying to achieve is it not?
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#8 Jun 16, 2012
To ease your mind
I use frontline plus on my dogs every month (actually 2 doses on my larger breeds this last month due to enviromental factors), same w/ the wormers . Antibotics granted those require a DVM's expertise. I bet I put more into my pets than you put into yourself. I still stand strong with Science Diet have since the day it came out.
Dont talk to me about I care for my pets ... esp after the 2 weeks of 24 hour care one of my older pets required due to a blood clot a few months back.
Rick

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2012
Sure you do Pammie... Oops I meant SuZ. It's getting hard to tell the difference between you since you spew the same bs. Spending all your great wealth on helpless animals. Since your so wealthy why don't we keep the government out of paying for all this and you o worthy one should sponsor it
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#10 Jun 16, 2012
Because the risk of not doing it outweighs what it takes to do it... PLUS it can turn a profit bring more benefit for the ones that are neglected . Either way I'll still take care of my own just like I always have.
Panama

United States

#11 Jul 3, 2012
OSL is needed across the country..that would be Owner Specific Legislation..yes every city n town should be responsible for the care of lost or abandoned pets, at the taxpayer's cost..It's a matter of public safety..but the flipside to recoup that money is to enforce high dollar fines for ppl who own a pet and do not keep up on thier shots or keep them contained..And to prevent most of the problems in the first place, make standards that ppl have to meet before they can own a pet..that may sound silly to some..but it is sick how animals suffer at the hands of ppl whi shouldn't be around any, let alone own one..License the owner..
Panama

United States

#12 Jul 3, 2012
*who ..not whi..

“http://obbop.wor dpress.com/”

Since: Oct 08

Fight the feds for freedom

#13 Jul 4, 2012
The lazy, trashy scum next dooe receive several taxpayer hand-outs but the filth can afford to buy the food for 3 LARGE dogs.
Concerned

Branson, MO

#14 Aug 18, 2012
Just have some trigger happy swinger deputies shoot them all, they just lookin to kill something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Branson Music Emporium (Oct '12) 17 hr Musikologist 13
Need your help locals---- hotels with pools out... Sat Lhill 3
what has happened to Branson?? (Jun '14) Sat escapee from branson 27
womans battered shelter in rockaway beach mo (May '10) Jun 24 The Grunt Whisperer 41
Norman Rockwell Play Jun 22 BransonVisitor 1
Blacks in branson Jun 22 grave digger 22
Any Year Round Server Jobs? Jun 18 taco john 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollister Mortgages