noisy racetrack
peaceful ozarks

Norwood, MO

#1 Jun 29, 2011
I guess the rich people hope to make a few dollars by tearing up our backyard.Be interesting to know who's really behind it .I wonder if I would have a snowball's chance in hell to get something equally noisy and destructive in their backyard approved by planning and zoning.
voter

Norwood, MO

#2 Jun 29, 2011
We all know planning and zoning only benefits the rich,us regular folks we could get a nuclear powerplant put in our backyard,aslong as no rich people complain Planning and Zoning is going to approve it.
concerned citizen

Hollister, MO

#3 Jul 6, 2011
Do attend the planning and zoning meeting next monday if you don't want your mo-dot tax dollars paying for the roads(estimated cost 70 million)to put this mess inour backyard.5
hate it

Rogersville, MO

#5 Jul 7, 2011
I hope we have a good turn-out.If you don't want this to go any further ,since they already dug it out,did they have a permit?,be there!
great news

Ozark, MO

#6 Jul 8, 2011
KTTS reported all day yesterday that Johnny Morris from Bass Pro has joined the opposition to the racetrack.Funny how the posts opposing the racetrack dissappear from this forum,I guess the moderators are Nascar fans.
cletus fan

Ozark, MO

#7 Jul 8, 2011
hope to see cletus ,the teabagger and his family at the meeting.It will be more fun than a holy roller camp meeting.
Jeff-ro

United States

#8 Jul 11, 2011
Why wasn't there any news covereage?Big meeting at 6pm at Forsyth Highschool Gym
citizen

Cross Timbers, MO

#9 Jul 16, 2011
I hear Mr Cook is wanting us all to call the commissioners to speak out in favor of the racetrack,well,people in heck want icewater,too...
Concerned Citizen

West Plains, MO

#10 Oct 12, 2011
Mr Russel Cook back on the news last night.He's planning to have the board of adjustment to remove all the stipulations the Planning and zoning commission put on his permit (that should have never been approved in the first place according to the regs that apply to me and you).So no limit on the noise and he does not want to do the road improvements that were a condition on getting his permit.The fly in the ointment for him was when the governor refused to sign the bill(sponsored by one of his politician buddies) that would have allowed our tax money from MO-DOT to pay for the roads to his project.
citizen

Branson, MO

#11 Oct 21, 2011
What happened to the Occupy Taney county thread?They sure pull threads with opinions opposing their own.
curious and irritated

Springfield, MO

#12 Oct 21, 2011
Sounds to me like somebody (or bodies i.e. Planning & Zoning) got snookered. What we need next is a little strip mining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
branson is racist (Jun '07) Aug 18 notashamed 55
Summerwinds Resort Branson Mo (May '13) Aug 17 Sam Snow 30
News Branson police say man was not mistreated durin... (Jun '13) Aug 14 Susan 13
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) Aug 13 grave digger 34
Keith Edwards for Taney County Sheriff Aug 10 The truth 11
Honeymoon Hotel (Apr '14) Aug 8 amandatidbits 3
Any Year Round Server Jobs? Aug 7 allthingsconsidered 2

Hollister Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollister Mortgages