Santa Cruz reports 84 families gradua...

Santa Cruz reports 84 families graduated from subsidized housing

There are 6 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from May 27, 2011, titled Santa Cruz reports 84 families graduated from subsidized housing. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The local housing authority is one of more than 200 public housing authorities sharing in $15 million in federal funds to help public housing residents find jobs, increase their income, eliminate the need for welfare and move out of subsidized housing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#1 May 28, 2011
That's great! Really! But what they don't report is that 240 new subsidized "families" moved in.
Dave

San Francisco, CA

#2 May 28, 2011
Carl Bendix wrote:
That's great! Really! But what they don't report is that 240 new subsidized "families" moved in.
From where? Immigration status?

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#3 May 28, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
From where? Immigration status?
Those questions are not allowed in the "Sanctuary County".
Shuddup Colby

San Francisco, CA

#6 May 30, 2011
Nobody gives a crap what a section-8-tinfoil-hat-loser thinks.
Colby IsNUTScom

Emeryville, CA

#7 May 30, 2011
Swiss Miss wrote:
People tell me that subsidized housing is full of gang bangers, meth heads and drug dealers. Why is the government subsidizing them?
And people like you, John Colby. I'd rather live next to a gang banger than you! Nutbags are far more dangerous than the others you name.
Captain Obvious

Hayward, CA

#8 May 31, 2011
"...two studies found participants fared better financially than nonparticipants, and those completing the program gained substantial financial benefits..."

Yeah, when you give people free rent and deposit money in the bank for them, they tend to gain financial benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guest View: San Benito County roads about to be... (Aug '16) Aug 10 Pepper543 3
News Hollister woman tries to rob Wells Fargo Bank (Sep '16) Aug 10 Pepper543 2
Oxycodone Aug 9 Pins n needles 2
Moving to Gilroy from San Jose (Jan '16) Aug 2 Carlos 4
Review: Anderson Chiropractic Office - Marvin G... (Sep '10) Jul 31 JillofallTrades 7
Review: First Security Services (May '14) Jul 27 Bryan Obrien 40
Salinas Valley Food & Wine Festival Jul 23 howefortunate 1

Hollister Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollister Mortgages