Hollister Neighbors Take Down Suspect...

Hollister Neighbors Take Down Suspected Burglar

There are 6 comments on the KION 46 story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Hollister Neighbors Take Down Suspected Burglar. In it, KION 46 reports that:

HOLLISTER, Calif.- Hollister Police arrested Edwardo Banuelos, 18, Tuesday after he was left behind by his alleged conspirators and chased from the scene of a burglary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KION 46.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 23, 2012
This is for poster "In_the _dark" who thinks revealing an on the run suspect's ethnicity is irrelevant.

In this case it is Hispanic. This, along with any other description will help narrow down the possibilities. And before people start replying with nonsense, it could have been any ethnicity I just happen to click on the newest story.

Since: Jun 12

Hollister, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
This is for poster "In_the _dark" who thinks revealing an on the run suspect's ethnicity is irrelevant.
In this case it is Hispanic. This, along with any other description will help narrow down the possibilities. And before people start replying with nonsense, it could have been any ethnicity I just happen to click on the newest story.
Hi, I heard that. As you are aware, I said in our earlier discussion of on-the-run individuals (or lack thereof), "you'd need a lot more than just race/ethnicity to identify the person."

This is true, is it not? That, in addition to race/ethnicity, you would also need as many additional characteristics as possible? Such as in the linked story: "...25-28 years old. The driver was thin, dark-complected, and wore a white t-shirt. The passenger was heavy-set and wore a light gray hooded sweatshirt."

I did not say ethnicity is irrelevant for the purposes of identifying an on-the-run crime suspect.

Ethnicity is, however, irrelevant when the responsible person is known and not on the run, as in the earlier discussion. Ethnicity is also irrelevant, as I described in another earlier discussion, for the purposes of identifying a party to blame for crimes and ills in society, as individuals and ideologies are responsible for crimes and ills, not ethnicity.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 23, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I heard that. As you are aware, I said in our earlier discussion of on-the-run individuals (or lack thereof), "you'd need a lot more than just race/ethnicity to identify the person."
This is true, is it not? That, in addition to race/ethnicity, you would also need as many additional characteristics as possible? Such as in the linked story: "...25-28 years old. The driver was thin, dark-complected, and wore a white t-shirt. The passenger was heavy-set and wore a light gray hooded sweatshirt."
Dude, you are not listening! I'm not saying ethnicity is the only thing needed to identify a suspect, of course you need more information, the more the better... it help narrows it down.

You're fueled by the fact the if ethnicity is involved in the description that that can be used for statistics... go ask the police, they have statistics. I just said that guy was an idiot for making that comment on that other forum.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 23, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethnicity is, however, irrelevant when the responsible person is known and not on the run, as in the earlier discussion. Ethnicity is also irrelevant, as I described in another earlier discussion, for the purposes of identifying a party to blame for crimes and ills in society, as individuals and ideologies are responsible for crimes and ills, not ethnicity.
I totally agree with your response to that idiot (1st poster on that other forum). Ethnicity had NO relevance in that sad story.

But in a crime where a suspect is at large, along with other KNOWN INFORMATION, if the ethnicity of the subject is known that is a good thing to disclose, it helps narrow it down. But there are some people that find that racist for some reason, which is funny because it can be any ethnicity

Since: Jun 12

Hollister, CA

#5 Oct 23, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
Dude, you are not listening!
Chavo del eight wrote:
This is for poster 'In_the _dark' who thinks revealing an on the run suspect's ethnicity is irrelevant.
Did I say that an on-the-run suspect's ethnicity is irrelevant? No, I didn't.

Please reread post #2 if you would like more elaboration.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 23, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Did I say that an on-the-run suspect's ethnicity is irrelevant? No, I didn't.
Please reread post #2 if you would like more elaboration.
touché...

My post there was in response to a previous post of your's on a different forum, going back and reading (bit confusing) you are correct and I retract that portion of my comment.

But I'm glad you agree with me here in this case with the burglars, that along with all the other descriptions, that the addition of ethnicity is a helpful thing to include.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salinas Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Nicky 2
Export more jobs to get Jobs back? Sep 19 entitled 2
Stoopid & Proud Trumpter! Sep 19 castro brobrobro 1
News Hollister woman tries to rob Wells Fargo Bank Sep 16 YOANUS 1
Poll Are white people tired of Mexicans in Salinas? (Jan '08) Sep 13 Phillip 914
Toilet Sex Costing Jobs? Sep 12 busshwhack grabbo 1
Trump Molested In Mexico? Sep 1 Say it Aint So 1

Hollister Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollister Mortgages