WorkReady NH offers job seekers new b...

WorkReady NH offers job seekers new beginnings

There are 2 comments on the UnionLeader.com story from Nov 9, 2013, titled WorkReady NH offers job seekers new beginnings. In it, UnionLeader.com reports that:

Congresswoman Annie Kuster met with area business leaders, educators and college students during a visit to Omni Components in Hudson on Thursday morning for a roundtable discussion on workforce issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UnionLeader.com.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Nov 10, 2013
Have you noticed that every time there is a job fair or really good job advertised really large numbers of people show up to apply for positions.

I show up also and while waiting I talk to people.

there are a really lot of well educated professional unemployed people in NH.

The unemployed suggest a national unemployment rate that is much higher than the 7.4% obozo claims he has.

Obozo doesn't count under employed or people who have exhausted unemployment benefits.

wish we could get some honest accounting from government.

I know what they are telling us is not accurate or fair.
Mel

Merrimack, NH

#2 Nov 10, 2013
I totally agree with "reality is a crutch" on this one..I am one of those well educated professional people, who after a year of job searching, had to settle for a job for less than half of what I used to make.(I was laid off after 23 yrs on the job due to corporate outsourcing)...I know of people w/Master's degrees who can't find jobs and are for the first time having to take two and three jobs to make ends meet. The era of the employer taking care of it's employees is over. If you're my age, 57, the usual answer to a job interview is "you're over qualified" which translates into "we don't want to pay you what your worth" or, especially if you've had to interview with someone much younger, then you are either threat to their job, or you are discriminated against. There is definitely age discrimination going on today. But i'm off point here...I don't think the numbers truly reflect what is going on. I also agree that the numbers don't reflect the people who have given up looking or exhausted their bennies. Of course i'm a bit different, I'd rather work for less money then be on the dole....but I don't like it.
reality is a crutch wrote:
Have you noticed that every time there is a job fair or really good job advertised really large numbers of people show up to apply for positions.
I show up also and while waiting I talk to people.
there are a really lot of well educated professional unemployed people in NH.
The unemployed suggest a national unemployment rate that is much higher than the 7.4% obozo claims he has.
Obozo doesn't count under employed or people who have exhausted unemployment benefits.
wish we could get some honest accounting from government.
I know what they are telling us is not accurate or fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Final consignment for Always New 2 You (Jan '10) Mar 17 You Are Mental 10
Pills Pain Anxiety Mar 4 dfrty 1
any old men want someone to sext (Apr '15) Feb '17 Beth 4
Will St. Joes Hospital Survive? (May '11) Feb '17 Jack Cough 45
Poll Why does NH Suck? (May '09) Feb '17 Roger 163
why can wealthy towns around here can stop a pi... Feb '17 Sioux 2
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Oct '16 a fat arse 315

Hollis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollis Mortgages