Shuster: Use stimulus money to reopen...

Shuster: Use stimulus money to reopen Scotland School

There are 71 comments on the Public Opinion story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Shuster: Use stimulus money to reopen Scotland School. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R-Hollidaysburg, sent a letter to Gov. Ed Rendell urging him to use American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds to reopen Scotland School for Veterans Children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Freedom

Geigertown, PA

#1 Nov 4, 2009
DROP IT KEEP IT CLOSED AND USE THE MONEY TO KEEP THE OTHER SCHOOLS FROM CLOSING AND GIVE THEM A FULL STAFF INSTEAD OF DEPRIVING THE KIDS FROM A BETTER EDUCATION. JUST WHAT WE NEED IS ANOTHER SCHOOL THAT IS NOT FULL AND ONLY SPORTS A HAND FULL OF KIDS. THAT IS WHY KIDS IN AMERICA ARE FALLING BEHIND THE OTHER COUNTRYS
pseudfortoday

Colonia, NJ

#2 Nov 4, 2009
Great grandstanding.
TaxPayer

Manahawkin, NJ

#3 Nov 4, 2009
Who woke Shuster up? Why isn't he wasting more money with another first hand visit to Iraq or Afghanastan? Like that's productive.
Dan

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Nov 4, 2009
TaxPayer wrote:
Who woke Shuster up? Why isn't he wasting more money with another first hand visit to Iraq or Afghanastan? Like that's productive.
I think every politician should have to go to Iraq and Afgan. that way they have a first hand look at what the soldiers are doing over there. Take them on patrols, take them to the field hospitals. That is a great use of tax money, it puts some perspective on the war. The politicos get to see the 18 year old kids getting legs blown off, maybe it'll make them think is this worth it, or at least personalize the conflict.
franklin co res

Orrtanna, PA

#5 Nov 4, 2009
Freedom wrote:
DROP IT KEEP IT CLOSED AND USE THE MONEY TO KEEP THE OTHER SCHOOLS FROM CLOSING AND GIVE THEM A FULL STAFF INSTEAD OF DEPRIVING THE KIDS FROM A BETTER EDUCATION. JUST WHAT WE NEED IS ANOTHER SCHOOL THAT IS NOT FULL AND ONLY SPORTS A HAND FULL OF KIDS. THAT IS WHY KIDS IN AMERICA ARE FALLING BEHIND THE OTHER COUNTRYS
AGREE 100%. Fix our public schools with this money, expland and we can provide the teachers from ssvc with jobs.
Jack

Beach Haven, NJ

#6 Nov 4, 2009
Conservatives made gains in VA and NJ and Shuster the Dull has not caught on that speding stimulus, or other taxpayer dollars, on SSVC would be a gross waste of money. This nonsense tells me he is mistaken if he believes a significant number of his consitutents in Franklin County want to spend more money on SSVC. The stimulus is a one-time fix. Who does Bill think will provide out-year funding if SSVC is re-opened? What a RINO dunce!
CONCERN CITIZEN

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Nov 4, 2009
USE THE MONEY FOR OTHER PROBLEMS LIKE HEALTH CARE.............
tom

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2009
Saving of jobs is important and this would be a good investment. Thanks Congressman Shuster - a good try but suspect the good governor will say no - think he has friends that are interested in the property.
Dan

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Nov 4, 2009
Im a democrat and I even see that spending 10mil for a school that doesn't benifit the area other then the 144 jobs is a waste.
just crazy

Mifflintown, PA

#11 Nov 4, 2009
Save jobs, the school is closed. What happens to the school once the funding runs out,it comes back to the tax payers. Why the obsession with Scotland, there are plenty of other business that could use some monetary help for local growth. Maybe Shuster isn't going to be a career politician after all, he won't be if he keeps up this nonsense.
Bre

York, PA

#12 Nov 4, 2009
Freedom wrote:
Thank you ~ Its closed lets move on.
mom of 2

Shippensburg, PA

#13 Nov 4, 2009
I agree with the other posters. This would be a HUGE waste of money! Most of these kids aren't even veteran's children. If you want to help the vets, find a cause that will use the money directly to a war veteran. What is so fantastic about this school that he is insisting on reopening it? I just don't get it.
tom

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Nov 4, 2009
Dan wrote:
Im a democrat and I even see that spending 10mil for a school that doesn't benifit the area other then the 144 jobs is a waste.
I would suggest that if you were one of the 144 people out of work now you might have a different perspective on things. 144 jobs is significant in my view.
single and free

Biglerville, PA

#15 Nov 4, 2009
use the money to open the school for the deaf back up...now that was a worthwhile school
local

Shippensburg, PA

#16 Nov 4, 2009
What is this welfare? Open a school that does not serve it's original mission, pay for education of kids who should attend public school, just to give people jobs....USSR..??

“Keep the Faith”

Since: Nov 08

Bedford

#17 Nov 4, 2009
Send this dumbunny back to horse trading at the car lot.
Agree

Beach Haven, NJ

#18 Nov 4, 2009
stiletto wrote:
Send this dumbunny back to horse trading at the car lot.
Why would Shuster send up a trial balloon on SSVC? Is he daft? Americans are tired of Congress' wasteful spending. The so-called stimulus is a failure. Shuster's thought process must be:(1) the money is appropriated so we've gotta spend it and,(2) never leave any money on the table! IMHO, Shuster should not be representing the people of this district. He's another DeDe Scuzzafava it appears and he needs to be voted out.
Joe

Hagerstown, MD

#19 Nov 4, 2009
Just wanted to shed some light on a little something. I read these blogs on occasion an a few weeks ago I recognized a comment from our Franklin Co Chairman Jim Taylor. His comment was from an ISP address in Bayville NJ. Every comment from that same Bayville NJ address since that day has been the same ridiculous anti-everything "we hate everyone" crap that nobody appreciates and is tearing apart the Republican party. Just because it's not "your way" Jim, doesn't mean its the wrong way!

Just so everyone understands:

JIM TAYLOR IS "BAYVILLE, NJ"!!!
NOBODY IN FRANKLIN CO IS ITIMIDATED BY YOU!
Joe

New Castle, DE

#20 Nov 4, 2009
Joe wrote:
Just wanted to shed some light on a little something. I read these blogs on occasion an a few weeks ago I recognized a comment from our Franklin Co Chairman Jim Taylor. His comment was from an ISP address in Bayville NJ. Every comment from that same Bayville NJ address since that day has been the same ridiculous anti-everything "we hate everyone" **** that nobody appreciates and is tearing apart the Republican party. Just because it's not "your way" Jim, doesn't mean its the wrong way!
Just so everyone understands:
JIM TAYLOR IS "BAYVILLE, NJ"!!!
NOBODY IN FRANKLIN CO IS ITIMIDATED BY YOU!
Another liberal that is in denial about yesterday's election. Sorry, Taylor or not, he's right.
Say What

Waynesboro, PA

#21 Nov 4, 2009
Time to vote him out!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jul 28 Chris 16
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Jul '17 Kevinparmour 30
News I am the forgotten Daughter of Randy Kagarise (Apr '06) Apr '17 Brandy DiClaudio 3
Review: Penn View Suites (Oct '13) Mar '17 R94matt 11
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) Feb '17 dwhite1250 230
moving to altoona, pa (Aug '06) Jan '17 Ancsa 117
News Nathan Shaw Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder (Jan '07) Sep '16 carriebeee 39

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages