Rep. Shuster: "Justice" for Bin Laden

Rep. Shuster: "Justice" for Bin Laden

There are 21 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 2, 2011, titled Rep. Shuster: "Justice" for Bin Laden. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

WASHINGTON, D.C., Monday, - U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R-Hollidaysburg, just before leaving Afghanistan today released the following statement on the death of Osama Bin Laden: "It has been nearly ten years in the making, but justice has finally been done.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anon

Mercersburg, PA

#1 May 2, 2011
What a patronizing, self-promoting canned statement this is.

But thank God Osama Bin Laden is dead!
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#2 May 2, 2011
Anon wrote:
What a patronizing, self-promoting canned statement this is.
But thank God Osama Bin Laden is dead!
Does Shuster do anything BUT pander?
Anon

Mercersburg, PA

#3 May 2, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Shuster do anything BUT pander?
Besides loading every bill that goes thru Congress with pork, no he doesn't.

Since: Jan 09

Chambersburg

#4 May 2, 2011
Okay, we got our man and those responsible for 9/11. Now let's bring our troops home. Enough is enough!
hate to say it

Carlisle, PA

#5 May 2, 2011
but he's been dead.
I can be a coward too

Reading, PA

#6 May 2, 2011
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides loading every bill that goes thru Congress with pork, no he doesn't.
Here's a sweet idea. Lets take an short piece about our troops, Osama Bin Laden, and our decade long fight with terrorists.....and instead make it about how one pathetic failed Senate candidate hates Bill Shuster for nothing more than having something he so desperately wants.

Your so transparent Jimmy and if I wasn't retired and had something better to do, I'd take everyone else's advice and ignore you like they do.
numbers

Lancaster, PA

#7 May 2, 2011
Anon wrote:
What a patronizing, self-promoting canned statement this is.
But thank God Osama Bin Laden is dead!
... and thank God President Obama gave the order to elimnate the monster. True leadership starts at the top.
American1968

Hanover, PA

#8 May 2, 2011
Well the monster might be dead. Where is all the proof? They should have brought his dead A$$ back and hung it on Ground Zero for all of us to watch the birds eat his flesh and rot. Instead we gave him a proper burial???
Dan the Man

Hanover, PA

#9 May 2, 2011
American1968 wrote:
Well the monster might be dead. Where is all the proof? They should have brought his dead **** back and hung it on Ground Zero for all of us to watch the birds eat his flesh and rot. Instead we gave him a proper burial???
Yeah, there'd never be any backlash from anyone for that.

Honest to God, it's like you WANT to provoke another terror attack.
Steven

Greencastle, PA

#10 May 2, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there'd never be any backlash from anyone for that.
Honest to God, it's like you WANT to provoke another terror attack.


I think he was saying why dump the only evidence they had overboard? Why weren't several DNA samples taken and examined at some private institutions? Who cares if he had a proper Muslim burial? They fed him to the fish and that's honorable? I want to see the video.
Dan the Man

Hanover, PA

#11 May 2, 2011
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was saying why dump the only evidence they had overboard? Why weren't several DNA samples taken and examined at some private institutions? Who cares if he had a proper Muslim burial? They fed him to the fish and that's honorable? I want to see the video.
They GOT the DNA samples. They GOT the DNA testing. There is no doubt that they got bin Laden. Why needlessly inflame a quarter of the world's population?

“Snarko ergo sum!”

Since: Jan 10

West of the Moon, PA

#12 May 2, 2011
"Bud Lite" will continue to soldier on and party hearty with his lobbyist friends,knowing that he will continue to be re-elected from the safest district in the state.
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#13 May 2, 2011
At least this keeps Shuster from having to talk about the Ryan budget he voted for.
SLO DOWN

Mercersburg, PA

#14 May 3, 2011
before we all get in UP ROAR....REMEMBER..now many more will try to kill us...and I am afraid this isn't over...
Dan the Man

Hanover, PA

#15 May 3, 2011
SLO DOWN wrote:
before we all get in UP ROAR....REMEMBER..now many more will try to kill us...and I am afraid this isn't over...
It's certainly not over. Was that the reason to go after bin Laden - to end all terrorism?
crazy

Windsor Mill, MD

#16 May 3, 2011
American1968 wrote:
Well the monster might be dead. Where is all the proof? They should have brought his dead **** back and hung it on Ground Zero for all of us to watch the birds eat his flesh and rot. Instead we gave him a proper burial???
...
Steven wrote:
I think he was saying why dump the only evidence they had overboard?
I don't think that was what he was saying at all.
George

Washington, DC

#17 May 3, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there'd never be any backlash from anyone for that.
Honest to God, it's like you WANT to provoke another terror attack.
So YOUR response is to appease the evil doors. Oh, we don't want to offend those who do us harm.
Coward!
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#18 May 3, 2011
I never knew George Bush moved to Philadelphia.
crazy

Windsor Mill, MD

#19 May 3, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOUR response is to appease the evil doors. Oh, we don't want to offend those who do us harm.
Coward!
Hahaha, you are an idiot. His statement is far from it. Your comment is more on the level of being a coward.

You are stupid and bullheaded, leading by brawn and not brain. You want immediate "satisfaction" by stringing him up to make an example of him. However, you are not thinking about your country and fellow citizens. You KNOW that acts such as these will provoke a response which will take the lives of more American people, yet you ignore that fact. To me, YOU are the coward.
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#20 May 3, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOUR response is to appease the evil doors. Oh, we don't want to offend those who do us harm.
Coward!
So you believe 23% of the world's population are "evil doers"? You know that's flatly insane, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jan 5 Evil behind the gate 27
Hollidaysburg Veterans Home Dec 21 MMM 1
altoona (Apr '06) Dec '17 Ronda 29
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) Dec '17 Nathan 233
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Jul '17 Kevinparmour 30
moving to altoona, pa (Aug '06) Jan '17 Ancsa 117
News Nathan Shaw Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder (Jan '07) Sep '16 carriebeee 39

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages