U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster draws 120 to f...

U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster draws 120 to forum in Shippensburg

There are 8 comments on the Public Opinion story from Aug 3, 2010, titled U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster draws 120 to forum in Shippensburg. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Hemin Lihony, a journalism student from northern Iraq, noticed two things about the people who came to U.S. Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Harrison

York Springs, PA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Taxpayers paying for the promotion of Shuster's event...and getting only 120 people to attend? Not a good return on the investment, and not a good way to use taxpayers' money. The man has a huge reelection warchest. He should pay for these events from campaign funds.
trout smuggler

Waynesboro, PA

#2 Aug 4, 2010
I attended the event and thought it was fantastic. I, not being a Shuster supporter before, really appreciated his attempt to listen to the voters.

Also, I've noticed during my short time in Franklin Co, that the Public Opinion does not always give us the best synopsis of events like these. Those kids from Iraq stood up and thanked everybody in the room for the sacrafice our country made for theirs. Dont see Hook mention that! They explained how many lives were improved or saved by our intervention there. It actually opened my eyes on the war as a whole.

I thought Shuster was great and the event was great. If tax dollars went to pay for the invitations....so be it. Obama's certainly been spending our money on worse stuff than this.
Jett

Greencastle, PA

#3 Aug 4, 2010
trout smuggler wrote:
I attended the event and thought it was fantastic. I, not being a Shuster supporter before, really appreciated his attempt to listen to the voters.
Also, I've noticed during my short time in Franklin Co, that the Public Opinion does not always give us the best synopsis of events like these. Those kids from Iraq stood up and thanked everybody in the room for the sacrafice our country made for theirs. Dont see Hook mention that! They explained how many lives were improved or saved by our intervention there. It actually opened my eyes on the war as a whole.
I thought Shuster was great and the event was great. If tax dollars went to pay for the invitations....so be it. Obama's certainly been spending our money on worse stuff than this.
I agree with this comment, and, I also attended this town hall meeting. Thank you Congressman Shuster for listening and communicating with us taxpayers.
Vintage

Landisburg, PA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
I appreciate the comments from people who attended the meeting. I'd loved to have gone, but quite frankly, didn't have enough money for gas to get there, if I wanted to feed my family for the rest of the week.
Hunter

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
The rich pay 60% of taxes ??? What is he calling rich ? Anything above poverty level ?
ontarget

Greencastle, PA

#6 Aug 4, 2010
trout smuggler wrote:
I noticed Hook only quoted the handful of liberals in attendence and ignored 95% of the comments. Typical.
Jethro

Greencastle, PA

#7 Aug 4, 2010
trout smuggler wrote:
Many more kids from Iraq have been killed or maimed. They can not stand up. Dont see Hook mention that!

You have been in Franklin County a short time if you think Shuster is great. Looks like he could still fall back on used car sales.
Jim

Shippensburg, PA

#8 Aug 13, 2010
I'm glad that they found another way to take and spend our(tax payers) money. Shuster might win this year, only because no one will put together a real charge to get him out. Next time elections roll around, Mr.Shuster clean out your office because the people want it back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jan 5 Evil behind the gate 27
Hollidaysburg Veterans Home Dec 21 MMM 1
altoona (Apr '06) Dec '17 Ronda 29
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) Dec '17 Nathan 233
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Jul '17 Kevinparmour 30
moving to altoona, pa (Aug '06) Jan '17 Ancsa 117
News Nathan Shaw Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder (Jan '07) Sep '16 carriebeee 39

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages