Legislation clears way for Chambersbu...

Legislation clears way for Chambersburg Area School District to...

There are 17 comments on the Public Opinion story from Oct 29, 2009, titled Legislation clears way for Chambersburg Area School District to.... In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Legislation that includes the transfer of the Chambersburg Army Reserve Center to the Chambersburg Area School District was signed into law Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Interested Observer

South Plainfield, NJ

#1 Oct 29, 2009
I hope the district doesn't use the same trailer park siding supplier that they used for the new gym when they remodel the armory.
85 graduate

York, PA

#2 Oct 29, 2009
For the CASD Parents that have students attending the Vo-tech school - Let's hope this isn't CASD's idea of placing our students in the armory. Chambersburg wants to pull their academic students from Vo-tech, but aren't sure where to put them.
When they say "transfer of Land" does that mean they will be given the armory?? CASD is already running out of money - I certainly hope they aren't purchasing another property!!
Where

Beach Haven, NJ

#3 Oct 29, 2009
Once again....the P.O. assumes that every reader knows the location of the Armory...wouldn't that be a informative.??..especially for new people moving into the community that have children going through our school system.
Know

York, PA

#4 Oct 29, 2009
85 graduate wrote:
For the CASD Parents that have students attending the Vo-tech school - Let's hope this isn't CASD's idea of placing our students in the armory. Chambersburg wants to pull their academic students from Vo-tech, but aren't sure where to put them.
When they say "transfer of Land" does that mean they will be given the armory?? CASD is already running out of money - I certainly hope they aren't purchasing another property!!
Bye Bye VO-Tech. CASHS students are making the move to be closer to CASHS
pdodd

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Oct 29, 2009
What the h--- does CASHS need w/ more land that can't be taxed.It should have been given to the local YMCA.They could utilize it far better than the school.Poor CASHS taxpayers get it up the tube again!
concerned

York, PA

#6 Oct 29, 2009
- Moving to the armory will not be closer to CASHS, it's located in Hamilton Township, probably same distance to the high school as Vo-tech. Instead of wasting money on the football field and a gymnasium - Adminstrators should have been making classrooms for the students that they shoved out at Vo-tech. The football field/gymnasium doesn't benefit all students, just the chosen ones. Administration claims that students education is top priority, but when they are remodeling a gymnasium before expanding classrooms - I think not!!
Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Bye VO-Tech. CASHS students are making the move to be closer to CASHS
wondering

Landisburg, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2009
I thought the Reserve Center was behind the YMCA. If that is the case the YMCA is pretty much land locked - is CASD going to pressure the Y to move on so they can also claim that property? Then they can have their swimming facility they so desperately want.....more money - when is it going to stop???
HUNTER

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Oct 29, 2009
Another facility they won't be able to maintain..
Know

York, PA

#9 Oct 29, 2009
concerned wrote:
- Moving to the armory will not be closer to CASHS, it's located in Hamilton Township, probably same distance to the high school as Vo-tech. Instead of wasting money on the football field and a gymnasium - Adminstrators should have been making classrooms for the students that they shoved out at Vo-tech. The football field/gymnasium doesn't benefit all students, just the chosen ones. Administration claims that students education is top priority, but when they are remodeling a gymnasium before expanding classrooms - I think not!!
<quoted text>
Armory is closer. It is behind the YMCA!!!!!!!!
HUNTER

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Oct 29, 2009
The center will be used for storage and to house offices for the Building and Grounds and Food Services departments, now housed at the former Stevens Elementary School, Padasak said. Other offices in the former Coke building also would be moved to the center, he said.
Pink Flamingoed

York, PA

#11 Oct 29, 2009
Holy smoke, the CASD is turning into another King Street united Brethren Church!!!

Somebody - stop the monster!!
AARGH!!!
Pink Flamingoed

York, PA

#12 Oct 29, 2009
I hear the CASD is putting pressure on the Y big time to go somewhere else and find another home.

In other words "move out, we want your land."

(CASD still owes me my Stanley Avenue playground back ... if you're not using that parking area after all these years since the playground was bulldozed, why not make a nice gift back to the 'Hood??).
concerned

York, PA

#13 Oct 29, 2009
I guess we are talking about 2 different places - There's the armory up on Radio Hill along Route 30 - Forgot about the Army Reserve Center behind the YMCA. YMCA Lookout then!! What Padasak wants he seems to get!!!
Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Armory is closer. It is behind the YMCA!!!!!!!!
Know

York, PA

#14 Oct 29, 2009
concerned wrote:
I guess we are talking about 2 different places - There's the armory up on Radio Hill along Route 30 - Forgot about the Army Reserve Center behind the YMCA. YMCA Lookout then!! What Padasak wants he seems to get!!!
<quoted text>
Yes!!!! You are right on both matters..
Bob

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Oct 29, 2009
They should team up with the YMCA and build a state of the art pool that be utilized by CASHS students, the public and Y members. A state of the art pool could bring at least 10-15 swim meets to the Chambersburg area each year filling up hotels and food establishments for the weekend. The pools are the most rented out buildings at both Cumberland Valley and Hershey High Schools. They could eliminate the road behind the YMCA and build the pool from the back. Then they could use the armory land for additional parking for the HS and YMCA. Sounds like a plan, huh!
Jean

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 29, 2009
I think the pool idea has merit!
not a fan of pigeons

Chambersburg, PA

#17 Oct 30, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jul 18 Lisa 15
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Jul 4 Kevinparmour 30
News I am the forgotten Daughter of Randy Kagarise (Apr '06) Apr '17 Brandy DiClaudio 3
Review: Penn View Suites (Oct '13) Mar '17 R94matt 11
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) Feb '17 dwhite1250 230
News Man Bitten By Snake In Car After Sale (Aug '11) Feb '17 Phart Starts Now 13
moving to altoona, pa (Aug '06) Jan '17 Ancsa 117

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages