Tom Conners: Newcomer wants a try

Tom Conners: Newcomer wants a try

There are 16 comments on the Public Opinion story from Oct 24, 2010, titled Tom Conners: Newcomer wants a try. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Tom Conners, a retired television executive from Altoona, wants to unseat Rep. Bill Shuster in the 9th Congressional District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Greencastle Democrat

Muncy, PA

#1 Oct 24, 2010
The US middle class and lower are in real danger. Only one percent of the US population controls 84 percent of the wealth!
Name ONE bill that was conceived and passed by Shuster this last session of congress. He simply is another puppet of special interests who stays in Congress because he does earmarks and spouts the same verbal arguments as most other Republicans.
Americans want a government that works! The first step is to oust these "old time" politicians. Franklin county can help by voting for Democratic candidates who see the governments' mission (local, state, and national) as SERVING THE PEOPLE, not serving the SPECIAL INTERESTS who want to seize control of our retirement system to benefit Wall Street, who want to keep insurance rates high and discriminate against people who are older and have preexisting conditions, etc. etc.
Tom Conners, will have my vote. Many of my neighbors will be making the smart choice as well.
Luther

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Oct 24, 2010
Single payer frees seniors from wondering how thy are going to pay for it? Tell us Tom. Exactly WHO is going to pay for it? And don't you think "children" 26, should be able to stand on their own? I don't like family dynasties in politics either but Shuster sure beats having another Pelosi soldier representing our district.
Grumpy

Biglerville, PA

#3 Oct 24, 2010
So he reveals himself in free publicity as farther to the left and more irresponsible about spending than the current Democrat law already in place. Not exactly the nswer to a mother's prayer are you Tommy boy. I have always maintained their is nothing more dangerous than a rich liberal - government can do anything and tax the heck out of people but it won't affect him because he has way too much money already. See any of the Kennedys for a perfect model for rich liberal political behavior.
Manford

Aspers, PA

#4 Oct 24, 2010
At least Conners gives direst, honest answers. More that Bud, I mean Bill, can do. Give a change a try. A family dynasty is not the way it's should work. There should be term limits, and Shuster has reached his.
Dave

Waynesboro, PA

#5 Oct 24, 2010
Grumpy wrote:
So he reveals himself in free publicity as farther to the left and more irresponsible about spending than the current Democrat law already in place. Not exactly the nswer to a mother's prayer are you Tommy boy. I have always maintained their is nothing more dangerous than a rich liberal - government can do anything and tax the heck out of people but it won't affect him because he has way too much money already. See any of the Kennedys for a perfect model for rich liberal political behavior.
Nice try Grumpy. But where is this spending you accuse him of????? Oh that's right. He's a Democrat & therefore is a tax & spend man. That is not what he said at all.

This is the problem with people. They vote party only. They see Tom is a Democrat so they assign the same old tales.
yada

Muncy, PA

#6 Oct 24, 2010
Mr. Conners has my vote. I am not voting for anyone in the party of "no". I used to vote Republican all the time. No more!
Dave

Waynesboro, PA

#7 Oct 24, 2010
Here you go, Republicans. Yes the Republicans who complain about Shuster 100% of the time & then vote for him 100% of the time.

A vote for Conners is a vote to finally dump Shuster.

The time has come to get this done.

Where is the Tea Party???? Shuster has a record you people complain about.
Raven

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Oct 24, 2010
A vote for Shuster is a NO vote for the future of America!
Zippy

Greencastle, PA

#9 Oct 24, 2010
yesssh, thatsh right! go out there and vote for ol' Tom Collins...., whoopsh! I meant Tom Connors...'hic'. whensh happy hour schtart?
Ouch

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Grumpy. But where is this spending you accuse him of????? Oh that's right. He's a Democrat & therefore is a tax & spend man. That is not what he said at all.
This is the problem with people. They vote party only. They see Tom is a Democrat so they assign the same old tales.
Actually, party may be more accurate than politican. We all know that when push comes to shove, 90%+ of the time a Congressman will follow party orders when voting..regardless of their own personal position. Break with your party, no plum assignments, no financial support, no Charimanships, no, no, no. They're kept in line by party leadership.
R U Serious

Greencastle, PA

#11 Oct 24, 2010
What a negative, grumpy old man! This guy has a chance to tell us why we should vote for him and all he can say is how much he hates Shuster?? Not very compelling sir.
loser

Waynesboro, PA

#13 Oct 24, 2010
Yeah this guy just sounds like someone crapped in his cherios

“Snarko ergo sum!”

Since: Jan 10

West of the Moon, PA

#14 Oct 24, 2010
Let's see. Tom Conners has $1800 to spend, Bill Shuster has $761,596 according to www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php...

What do you think might happen?
nocrat

Greencastle, PA

#15 Oct 24, 2010
Ol' Tom is a demon-rat, I mean democrat, so is he pro-baby killer, er I mean pro-choice.
Ol' Tom, what would you have told your daughter if she would have wanted to get rid of the "fetal tissue" that became your grand-daughter?.
I see you did not address that plank in the demon-rat platform.
I, for one, demand an answer!
If you are as straight-shootin' good ol' boy as you,(seems to me), think you are this should be a no brainer (a no-brainer answer should be easy for a 'crat).
nocrat

Greencastle, PA

#16 Oct 24, 2010
R U Serious wrote:
What a negative, grumpy old man! This guy has a chance to tell us why we should vote for him and all he can say is how much he hates Shuster?? Not very compelling sir.
I guess we should be compelled by another geezer that wants somebody else to pay for everything so he (and his geez bud's) can spend more on lottery tickets and smokes.
BTW, I'm 58 pushin' hard on 59.
On this health care thing, why didn't his buddy 'crats (in charge of everything) just say "ditto" on health care to give us what they (congress) gets.
Wouldn't that have been [here is the left's favorite word] "fair".
Why not Ol' Tom, why not?
Expensive?
Just print more O-bum-r funny money!
Sheep Dog

Gardners, PA

#17 Oct 24, 2010
Shoot, I'd vote for this guy just because he doesn't like the "Tea Baggers." How about this? Take Democrat or Republican, who cares? But after you pick a party, maybe just be able to not suffer from the inability to critically and independently think for yourself. Example, I love guns, but with the quality of people that I come across in my line of work, I think more people should consider abortion as an option. I bet you'll say my mom should have? Good initiative, but wrong person. My skin’s a little thicker than that. But tell me, does that put me on the left or the right? How about just right down the damn middle? Everyone just needs to stop being so damn stupid and look past party lines. Maybe a little more would get accomplished, but everyone just seems to be afraid to. If I'm on the left I can't go right and vice versa. Guess that's why I'd never succeed in politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jun 22 PA lover 10
Brett Shoenfelt is trash Jun 21 woodgrainwhip 1
Looking for Bonnie Pasquino Jun 6 Lover 1
Review: Penn View Suites (Oct '13) Jun 1 Kevin Rantz 8
News Abducted person case becomes double homicide (Jun '06) May 29 Brian 18
Glendale Yearound to be brought to its knees! (Oct '15) May '16 Comm_justice_seeker 2
News Cathedral Prep tennis players advance to Altoon... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages