Donations to help re-elect Bill Shust...

Donations to help re-elect Bill Shuster are picking up

There are 27 comments on the Public Opinion story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Donations to help re-elect Bill Shuster are picking up. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The economy hasn't hurt U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster's ability to raise money a year before he's up for re-election. The incumbent Republican from Hollidaysburg raised more than $75,000 during the third quarter of this year, 99 percent of it from political action committees and lobbyists, according to his campaign report filed last week with the Federal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#21 Oct 22, 2009
Kent wrote:
<quoted text>Right! Why then the total allegiance to labor unions, SEIU, UAW, teachers' unions, the far-Leftists like MoveOn.org , Code Pink, etc.?
Funny how none of those organizations are for-profit... sounds like you're just picking on activist groups. Big deal?
Orwell

Plainfield, NJ

#22 Oct 22, 2009
TERM LIMITS!!!
Mack

Beach Haven, NJ

#23 Oct 22, 2009
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how none of those organizations are for-profit... sounds like you're just picking on activist groups. Big deal?
These far-Left dominated groups are huge donors to Obummer's campaign and they have expectations that he will pay the debt owed.
Nat

South Plainfield, NJ

#24 Oct 22, 2009
Over the past 16 months Mr. Shuster has created 1000s of jobs for Pennsylvanians. He has marched right into the lions cage to get proper funding for schools. Because of Mr. Shuster, Pennsylvanian students have new textbooks, better lunches, and better teachers.

Mr. Shuster fights for all people. Rich, middle class, and poverty stricken. I would not hesitate to say that he is directly responsible for enabling some of the people in this topic the ability to put food on the table.
Voter

Gettysburg, PA

#25 Oct 22, 2009
I have written Shuster multiple times on a problem. The only response I get is form letters from his clerical staff. I have asked if he was going to have any town meetings, I was told by his staff "you can watch the paper for any announcements". I thought that was a rather rude response. He does not appear to miss a photo opportunity, would rather have him address the concerns of those that elected him. He delegates the handling of problems to his staff who just pick out the closest form letter that they think fits the situation, and that's all that is done. I am sorry but I won't vote for him again. As far as his fund raising, I guess he has alot of favors to repay.
Tex

Manahawkin, NJ

#26 Oct 22, 2009
Nat wrote:
Over the past 16 months Mr. Shuster has created 1000s of jobs for Pennsylvanians. He has marched right into the lions cage to get proper funding for schools. Because of Mr. Shuster, Pennsylvanian students have new textbooks, better lunches, and better teachers.
Mr. Shuster fights for all people. Rich, middle class, and poverty stricken. I would not hesitate to say that he is directly responsible for enabling some of the people in this topic the ability to put food on the table.
Man you need to change the Shuster MAXI - PAd. It's getting soaked!!
Cheers

Gettysburg, PA

#27 Oct 22, 2009
Nice to know that when you donate to his re-election campaign that your hard earned dollars goes to buy his "wine and spirits". What the heck, he has to drink something why he is at the "spas"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Mar 3 John 13
Review: Penn View Suites (Oct '13) Mar 1 R94matt 11
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) Feb 28 dwhite1250 230
News Man Bitten By Snake In Car After Sale (Aug '11) Feb 25 Phart Starts Now 13
Best bar in altoona (May '16) Feb '17 CodeTaIker 15
moving to altoona, pa (Aug '06) Jan '17 Ancsa 117
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Jan '17 Not Impressed 28

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance