Donations to help re-elect Bill Shust...

Donations to help re-elect Bill Shuster are picking up

There are 27 comments on the Public Opinion story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Donations to help re-elect Bill Shuster are picking up. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The economy hasn't hurt U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster's ability to raise money a year before he's up for re-election. The incumbent Republican from Hollidaysburg raised more than $75,000 during the third quarter of this year, 99 percent of it from political action committees and lobbyists, according to his campaign report filed last week with the Federal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested observer

Shermans Dale, PA

#1 Oct 22, 2009
"Fourteen of the 16 individuals who gave to his campaign were lobbyists contributing $7,200. Two Pennsylvania businessmen contributed the other $850."

That's about all anyone needs to know.

Quid pro quo.
Yes

Bayville, NJ

#2 Oct 22, 2009
Interested observer wrote:
"Fourteen of the 16 individuals who gave to his campaign were lobbyists contributing $7,200. Two Pennsylvania businessmen contributed the other $850."
That's about all anyone needs to know.
Quid pro quo.
My thoughts, exactly. At least, now we know who OWNS the Shyster.
NoMeansNo

United States

#3 Oct 22, 2009
Why would Shuster give money to Bill Higgins, the Bedford DA? Higgins is accused of raping a woman in his office. Judge Brown is holding a hearing on it November 2 at the Bedford Courthouse. It doesn't look good for Shuster contributing money to an accused rapist with multiple criminal convictions on his record for violent offenses. Plus it isn't even an election year.
Fred

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Oct 22, 2009
Major contributions from entities that would get favors from the subcommittee he chairs? Just like daddy Bud.
Dave

United States

#5 Oct 22, 2009
Come on Republicans, stand up & dump this used car salesman & get a real candidate.

If not, cut a deal with Shuster. He just stays home & automatically his vote will be whatever Party leadership wants. Look at the expenses that will be saved.
Grady

Beach Haven, NJ

#6 Oct 22, 2009
It is time for him to be un-elected. If he stays and continues to gain seniority it leads to being like Jack Murtha, Charlie Rangel, or Bud Shuster. Bill Shuster has been in Congress long enough.
disagree

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 22, 2009
Be proud America. We have the best politicians money can buy.
Your busted

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Oct 22, 2009
Grady wrote:
It is time for him to be un-elected. If he stays and continues to gain seniority it leads to being like Jack Murtha, Charlie Rangel, or Bud Shuster. Bill Shuster has been in Congress long enough.
Grady - It is quite obvious who you are or are closely associated with which would
be Jim Taylor or the Twiggs. If you can't totally control them lets not have them
in office isn't that how you people think?
Tears

Gettysburg, PA

#9 Oct 22, 2009
I am a Republican and his election is the only one that I crossed party lines on and I will again if he is the candidate. He needs OUT!!!!
Ric

Bear, DE

#10 Oct 22, 2009
Pennsylvania's favorite GOP YES boy...will vote whichever way he's told to vote. Poster boy for term limits.
Spartacus

Carlisle, PA

#11 Oct 22, 2009
Contributions from industries affected by his position in Congress. Surprise. How do we stop this? I am not basically in favor of term limits but if uninformed voters keep electing career politicians then limits are quite necessary....the longer in office,more power, the bigger the bucks.
I Feel Your Pain

New Bloomfield, PA

#12 Oct 22, 2009
Somebody PLEASE run against this babbling boob.
Spartacus

Carlisle, PA

#13 Oct 22, 2009
Your busted wrote:
<quoted text>
Grady - It is quite obvious who you are or are closely associated with which would
be Jim Taylor or the Twiggs. If you can't totally control them lets not have them
So.....you think politicians should control citizens and not the other way around?
Grady

West Chester, PA

#14 Oct 22, 2009
Your busted wrote:
<quoted text>
Guessed wrong. Have you ruled out the possibility that an ordinary citizen and voter could be disenchanted with Shuster? Wise up!
whocares

Newville, PA

#15 Oct 22, 2009
I am a registered republican, and I could care less about Bill Shuster or any other politician. Until, we stop inviting them to our parades, our ribbon cuttings, and asking them for "BIG CARDBOARD CHECKS" that is our money to start with they will continue to believe (in their minds) they are more important than they really are. One more thing - lets stop referring to them as "Honorable". Believe me, there is nothing Honorable about the Shuster clan.
Say What

Reading, PA

#16 Oct 22, 2009
And where did a vast majority of contributions to the Messiah of Change come from?

Jimminy Cricket ya can't have it both ways!!!!!
Say What

Reading, PA

#17 Oct 22, 2009
And who were some of the biggest contributors to the campign for the Messaih of Change????

Jimminy Crikets, ya can't have it both ways!!!
Jim Light

United States

#18 Oct 22, 2009
22 obama fund raisers in 9 months. Last one yesterday in NY at 30,000 dollars/ couple. Who owns our Boy Wonder? I'm sure Hook is hard at work on publishing those details.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#19 Oct 22, 2009
Jim Light wrote:
22 obama fund raisers in 9 months. Last one yesterday in NY at 30,000 dollars/ couple. Who owns our Boy Wonder? I'm sure Hook is hard at work on publishing those details.
Who owns our President? The American people are his boss and most of his election money came from small, individual donors.

THIS President ISN'T "owned."
Kent

Beach Haven, NJ

#20 Oct 22, 2009
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Who owns our President? The American people are his boss and most of his election money came from small, individual donors.
THIS President ISN'T "owned."
Right! Why then the total allegiance to labor unions, SEIU, UAW, teachers' unions, the far-Leftists like MoveOn.org , Code Pink, etc.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pennsylvania officer acquitted of assaulting re... Apr 28 A Yankee 2 2
News Clergy abuse report prompts fallout, victims' p... Apr 22 Judy 1
Altoona Man Sex Abuse Charge (Jan '09) Apr 19 LyinTed 48
Looking for love Apr 17 PeTe 3
News Cathedral Prep tennis players advance to Altoon... Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News Dog alone in car uses horn Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News Walkney Presents A 'Big Time' at the Jaffa Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages