Letterkenny Army Depot has 'legacy of...

Letterkenny Army Depot has 'legacy of a great work ethic'

There are 14 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Letterkenny Army Depot has 'legacy of a great work ethic'. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Depot work: Vehicles and weapons produced at Letterkenny Army Depot including armored Humvees were on display during the Opportunity Showcase at The Orchards restaurant in Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Hunter

Carlisle, PA

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Hopefully Mr. Alloway won't be re-elected for his second term to see the fruits of his labor.. There has to be a candidate out there that is respected.
unemployed

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Jun 3, 2010
what kind of reward did they get for cutting 250 jobs in april?
FordGuy

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Hunter wrote:
Hopefully Mr. Alloway won't be re-elected for his second term to see the fruits of his labor.. There has to be a candidate out there that is respected.
Maybe you should run against him. You sound like a respectable person who hides behind the computer and attacks others. Coward!!
Vet

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Most of the 250 are back, That was good workers. The weeded a few of the worthless ones out.
Build em

Ardmore, PA

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Good work ! Keep building those killing machines, good job, you all must sleep well at night.
unemployed

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Vet wrote:
Most of the 250 are back, That was good workers. The weeded a few of the worthless ones out.
not true. what percent are you calling most?
ramtech employee

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Jun 3, 2010
Vet wrote:
they need to weed out some of those government employees. the contractors hired out there work harder than the government employees. the govt employees know they are safe so they tend to set back and be lazy. not all, but alot. the contractor employees make less and dont have the benefits as a govt employee, but always keep ther job.
A J MacDonald Jr

Waynesboro, PA

#9 Jun 3, 2010
"State Sen. Rich Alloway, R-Chambersburg, announced that he is assembling a bipartisan Base Development Caucus in Harrisburg among legislators "who care about the military industrial complex as it relates to Pennsylvania."

Sorry Rich, but the military industrial complex is the PROBLEM not the SOLUTION.

http://video.google.com/videoplay...

This resembles the blind (the politicians)leading the blind (the Americans who unthinkingly support preemptive wars and torture)...both are falling headlong into World War III.

http://ajmacdonaldjr.wordpress.com/
JEB

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Jun 3, 2010
Build em wrote:
Good work ! Keep building those killing machines, good job, you all must sleep well at night.
Yep, sleep like a baby!
Letterkenny Employee

Shippensburg, PA

#11 Jun 3, 2010
I LOVE my job, I can sit back and collect the big money, While I tell the CONTRACTOR to do the work, If we need another contractor we just go to the tool crib and get another one. They are EXPENDABLE.
Surething

Shippensburg, PA

#12 Jun 3, 2010
Work 2 days and play cards for 3. Sounds like a great place to work. Government bennies to go along with all the other free bees.
Could they

Ardmore, PA

#13 Jun 4, 2010
I bet 99% of the employees at Leisurekenny couldn't keep a job in the real,outside, competitive world, where you actually have to work and not just get a trophy for showing up.
Concern

Newburg, PA

#14 Jun 4, 2010
Cheney and Bush simply borrowed the money for the Iraq War. Borrow now pay later.NO NEW TAXES!! Let the Grand children pay.
ramtech employee

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jun 4, 2010
Letterkenny Employee wrote:
I LOVE my job, I can sit back and collect the big money, While I tell the CONTRACTOR to do the work, If we need another contractor we just go to the tool crib and get another one. They are EXPENDABLE.
i hope those words come back to bite you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollidaysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brett Shoenfelt is trash Jul 26 squeezer 2
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... (Apr '15) Jun '16 PA lover 10
Looking for Bonnie Pasquino Jun '16 Lover 1
Review: Penn View Suites (Oct '13) Jun '16 Kevin Rantz 8
News Abducted person case becomes double homicide (Jun '06) May '16 Brian 18
Glendale Yearound to be brought to its knees! (Oct '15) May '16 Comm_justice_seeker 2
News Cathedral Prep tennis players advance to Altoon... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1

Hollidaysburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollidaysburg Mortgages