Teen in critical condition after Floy...

Teen in critical condition after Floyd accident

There are 267 comments on the WKTV story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Teen in critical condition after Floyd accident. In it, WKTV reports that:

Authorities are investigating a serious two-vehicle accident on Route 365 in the Town of Floyd that sent two men to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

Taxpayer

Rome, NY

#103 Feb 18, 2013
We start with the Board of education,Kathy's Boss. Their boss? US.

If they don't do something about it then they get voted out and replaced with someone who is competent.

Then they do something about it. Better Superintendents are working for far less locally and doing a FAR better Job being the stewards of their schools. Time to make her ACCOUNTABLE to the taxpayers. She makes a quarter of a million dollars plus for salary and benefits. ANNUALLY

Time to answer questions. Time to own up or move on.

`
Disgusting

Utica, NY

#104 Feb 18, 2013
Philly is certainly allowed to voice his oppinion but Philly is naughty! Philly has a track record most probably don't know about! He bullies who he wants and he texts kids and can't separate his professional career from doing what's right and wrong! Philly is a true bully, he bullies then hides. He manipulates children in terrible ways to make them think he is the messiah when in reality he is producing much behavior just like the bullshit he pulls. Philly always has a motive..... He will dig and pry for information and I'm sure he has even gotten into the boe pockets by now . He obviously is a Kathy Davis hater but when you analyze the people in these forums most of the haters are people that have been naughty or have children that have been naughty and have been reprimanded for it! No one likes to be told they are wrong or that they have done something wrong..........Philly and his bully counterparts are no exception. The tragic death is horrible but when you couple it with a HPCS teacher once again trying to manipulate children and playing with their emotions and using their fragile minds to accomplish a personal vendetta against the school administration then you are a sick man! Opinions are welcome and voices are ok but using others especially children is inconceivable! I have my opinion about the roads too. They were slick but living in this area I've driven in much worse! I was a little diligent and looked into the accident reports that morning and there wasn't any others I could find! Many factors played a role that morning and certainly an hour or so delay could of made a difference., but I'm sure at 530 when the decision was made that the people making the decision didn't think that the heavier snow band that sat from Boonvillevto Remsen would have drifted far enough down to clip the 365 corridor! The decision was made! Reading these forums believe it or not have only strengthened my understanding of a very very few in this community! I'm not as upset about anger and the opinions as much as I never will understand the hate! I've only grown to feel sorry for those people because anyone that hates like that canot truly be happy with themselves or the life they live. Yes that is my opinion! Oh yeah and shame on u Philly for the wool you pull over the eyes of the same children u teach!
Disgusting

Holland Patent, NY

#105 Feb 18, 2013
Good name, defined your post.

Where is the proof that "Philly" has done all you say?

Sure didn't appear to be hiding behind kids with his post on WKTV. Or on TV at WUTR.

Only WKTV, where Mrs. Davis boyfriend works paint the garbage you spew.

If this true of the teacher, why has he worked in the district for so long? Why do so many students past and present adore him? Is he some master brainwasher?

Funny you and all the other opposers, who are quick to call us bullies, witch hunters, sound more like it then those of us upset about the lack of care about safety with Mrs. Davis.

Same with the person who posted all those names. You proud? You call them troublemakers, yet you are or were trying to create trouble posting those names. Were you not?

Funny, it didn't work, did it? A lot of pot calling the kettle black in this thread.
Your Mother

Watertown, NY

#106 Feb 18, 2013
Hmmm if your mother is who I think she is, now that there are so many clues in this post, didn't they move to Boonville but not tell the district and cheat tax payers out of tuition money for a year or two?
I don't think she can call herself " the community" anymore. I think they owe the community.....
not a hater

West Hartford, CT

#107 Feb 18, 2013
I have no allegiance to "philly". I have no previous history with KD. My young kids have been in no trouble.
I do believe the district shares some responsibility in this accident. I don't think its fair to place 100% of blame on any one person. However, just as the drivers share responsibility for their actions. The district owns some responsibility for it's role in placing students in harms way, or more accurately, the failure to remove students from harms way.

I have to take issue with those saying this is normal weather, KD was under no notice to anticipate hazardous conditions. The simple facts are that this Lake Effect event was forecasted, and a warning posted by the NWS on Monday afternoon. By 5:30 AM the band was in fact shifted south well into the district. Actually, the northern part of the district was under the band for much of the night. At 3:30 it was centered on Remsen, impacting the northern part of our district. Believe me, it is documented that snow had accumulated on the roads as far south as HP by 5:30 AM. How anyone could have driven the roads before 5:30 and not seen this is baffling.....KD only had to look out her window. From these facts, closing or delaying was justified. Yes, its a judgement call, but it is the good judgement we expect and have a right to demand.

As for shifting blame to the DPW? That is conceding that roads were dangerous and pre-determined conditions for delay or closure were met. Like I said, this was predicted the day before, there is no excuse for being surprised by the snow. Any claim that they didnt expect this much snow is a bald faced lie, NWS predicted 4"-8".
For their part, the DPW did all that was possible. There is no reasonable person who could expect roads to be bare and wet, during a snowstorm, even in the best of circumstances. This is all the more reason they should have at least delayed.

I know you KD sheep will label me a hater. If labels make you feel better so be it. I'll accept whatever label you want to give me, just acknowledge I earned it with facts, and the best interest of the kids.
Disgusting

Utica, NY

#108 Feb 18, 2013
Just ask Philly about his bullying techniques! Not calling u particularly a hater at all and from what I have read the school isn't excusing themselves from responsibility , in fact I'm sure they wish they could turn back the clock! I've driven roads much worse than that Tuesday morning and school was in session . Many schools bus kids every day with 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. Just can't imagine what Pulaski , and Oswego districts have to contend with. Call it poor judgement but we do that only because someone died! If there wasnt a tragedy then it would of been just another wintery day in upstate new york... a few mad because they thoughtbwe should close. Thats why we call them accidents. Weather is so unpredictable here. Lake effect bands never can be predicted correctly. There was not one other accident on the roads that morning ..and there were hundreds on the road. No one wants to ever put a child or adult for that matter in harms way but any snowy day 2 inches or five could end a child's life on the way to school. I wish like hell that there was a delay that day but I wished like hell 3 times that Remsen would cancel a few times because the weather was so bad up there and many kids drive up there. They are judgement calls and anyone could be a disaster in the making. Many factors other than the weather played a roll in this, just talk to some troopers. Out of respect for the family this whole thing needs to go away and hopefully many lessons will be learned by everyone including the schools. In fact maybe this will help with future decision making region wide. All I know is that there are undoubtably many people that will live with the tragedy in their hearts including the superintendent and transportation person at Hp.
Disgusting

Utica, NY

#109 Feb 18, 2013
Disgusting wrote:
Good name, defined your post.
Where is the proof that "Philly" has done all you say?
Sure didn't appear to be hiding behind kids with his post on WKTV. Or on TV at WUTR.
Only WKTV, where Mrs. Davis boyfriend works paint the garbage you spew.
If this true of the teacher, why has he worked in the district for so long? Why do so many students past and present adore him? Is he some master brainwasher?
Funny you and all the other opposers, who are quick to call us bullies, witch hunters, sound more like it then those of us upset about the lack of care about safety with Mrs. Davis.
Same with the person who posted all those names. You proud? You call them troublemakers, yet you are or were trying to create trouble posting those names. Were you not?
Funny, it didn't work, did it? A lot of pot calling the kettle black in this thread.
The kids gravitate to him because he acts like he's 16 in high school. Texts kids way too much... Love to get those conversations with kids. He isn't well liked by his colleagues . They think he's a loose cannon and a coward packaged into one and . He plays kids against each other. Bullies and promotes it. Your just talking to the wrong kids and parents. Oh and thank the unions for his long stay because u pretty much have to throw a kid off a cliff to get fired. I know two of those people in that list probably because I don't hang with negative hateful people. Just love to hear you say the school officials lack care about safety. Say it again I'm sure your the type that loves to hear yourself talk. Go grab a beer and some Cheetos and sit down in your big bad cheer and turn on Matt Lauer so you can absorb some more negative crap to infect your mind.
Taxpayer

Rome, NY

#110 Feb 18, 2013
lol
Disgusting

Utica, NY

#111 Feb 18, 2013
Truth Hurts Philly doesn't it!
Banmrsdavis

West Hartford, CT

#112 Feb 18, 2013
Gross wrote:
<quoted text>
Just your comments show the ignorance or shall I say the stupidity of yourself...... Anyone and I mean anyone who would say such nasty things about another person like you have, says a lot about you as a person and that you are a disgrace to the human race...."Rot in Hell"? Whoever you are you'll probably see her there because your choice words are ones spoken by the devil. Godbless you and you miserable life.
You saying "you'll probably see her there" is just you agreeing with me that she is going to Hell. Oh and thank you for "Godblessing" me.
bad azz kneegaaz

Utica, NY

#113 Feb 19, 2013
is davis one of da ones dat gang raped n killed dat gal in 1970?
THE REAL LORI DANO STORMS

Holland Patent, NY

#115 Feb 19, 2013
I WILL NOT POST AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND THIS DAMNED SITE FOR REASONS BEING, PEOPLE USE FAKE NAMES BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO BE REAL. SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY BECAUSE I REALLY DONT CARE.. IF YOU WANT FACTS GO TO WUTR AND SEE THE UNBIASED REPORT THAT SHOWED EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED, NOT WKTV'S BIASED INACCURATE REPORT BECAUSE KATHY DAVIS' HUSBAND WORKS THERE.
therighttruth

Holland Patent, NY

#116 Feb 19, 2013
THE REAL LORI DANO STORMS wrote:
I WILL NOT POST AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND THIS DAMNED SITE FOR REASONS BEING, PEOPLE USE FAKE NAMES BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO BE REAL. SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY BECAUSE I REALLY DONT CARE.. IF YOU WANT FACTS GO TO WUTR AND SEE THE UNBIASED REPORT THAT SHOWED EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED, NOT WKTV'S BIASED INACCURATE REPORT BECAUSE KATHY DAVIS' HUSBAND WORKS THERE.
You are so right on the things you say. And I won't use my real name because I did that before and was harrassed and one person even showed up at MY door and confronted me on a view I had on another subject. Won't go through that again. He was a real nut job and was arrested and I had to put a restraining order against him. So I understand why people want to be anonymous. But for someone to use another persons name that's not right, and is probably the same wacko I had to deal with, or another one, they don't have them all locked up. Stay safe and keep speaking out.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#117 Feb 19, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
There was a young girl killed in a car accident in Oriskany a few weeks ago. Do you want to blame that on a school administrator, too? Sometimes people have to just accept responsibility for their own actions and not look for someone to blame. I'm sure having a villain makes it easier, but it's dishonest and teaches our kids the wrong lesson. It's winter in upstate NY. You can't close or delay school every time it snows. I saw a lot of people today driving too fast and too close for road conditions. Teach your kids how to drive in bad weather. Someday they'll be driving to a job that doesn't have snow days.
The young girl killed in Oriskany was 19 and had graduated the year previous year. Maybe if you had the facts you would know that.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#118 Feb 19, 2013
Lori Dano Storms wrote:
Here is a list of the people causing trouble in HP.
Mike Stefanski
Samantha Rossi
Lisa Gelfuso Dousharm
Donna Savarese
Trish Backus
Randall Seufert
Bonnie Baker
Cory Ellis
Sean Girven
Matt Chillluffo
Kristen Anne Slattery
Crystal Graves
Yolanda Dischiavo
Kent Myers
Ashley Hoffman
Lisa Lawyer Evans
Bernie Lenaghen
Alison Bowker
Bailey Quinn
Kim Cheney Slattery
Lori Dano Storms
Wendy Baker Baldanza
Please respect the families wishes. You people are nothing but bullies.
I graduated from Holland Patent in 2005. That is 2 years after Kathy Davis became superintendent. During those 2 years I was driving myself to school. If you think at anytime my parents kept me home because of bad weather, you are sadly mistaken. They were already at work or leaving at the same time. I continued to drive my brother to school until he got his license in 2007. That's 4 years that I was running up the hill in the worse conditions because he needed to be to school to avoid detention or ISS. Maybe if you knew the facts you'd see how Kathy Davis has on multiple occasions endangered the students and faculty of the 4 schools she is responsible for. Do you remember the shooting in 2007? Did you know that she put a policy in place that in any situation she is the one that makes the decision not the person on site? What if the child with the gun actually hurt someone? Would people have been more outraged for the lack of care this woman has for the people in her care? Maybe I am causing trouble but ATLEAST I AM BRINGING THIS WOMAN'S FAULTS UP. Now if anyone wants to call me a bully can message me on Facebook and not hide in a forum that many would never see, myself included if it wasn't brought to my attention. Oh and if you wanna look to see if I did graduate from Holland Patent, the name was Samantha Carey back than.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#119 Feb 19, 2013
voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually think that the decision makers of Holland Patent dont feel partly responsible for what has happend? Wow when you made fun of your inability to use the right word(racist) and made fun of your education at Holland Patent, you weren't kidding!!!Now Im really starting to get a grip on the person behind the gossip!! Have you talked to anyone investigating the scene like a trooperrrrrrr ..........by the way they are a good source of facts) to see if road conditions alone were the only factors in the accident? NO of course not because you are the gossip grandma!!!!! Lets rip people apart and point fingers and get a rise out of trash talking the school officials who undoubtably wish they could turn back time and change their minds. " Truth hurts!" I consider the source of the person I'm speaking with and by your verbage I almost think I'm talking to my teenager because thats what I hear them say quite frequently. We dont know the truth yet and you may just may be suprised!There have been a few times this year I even thought we should have had a delay or closure but thats just my feelings. I understand we live in a snowy part of NY State and just like the other snowy districts like Oswego, Liverpool and Camden, you cant shut down or delay everytime you get 2-3 inches of snow.Some of those districts just mentioned would be delayed and closed all the time. We are resilient in this part of New York snow is part of many of our daily lives in the winter. Decisions have to be made quite often which almost always turn out for the best, but yesterday we had tragedy and being united and supporting each other and the families of the victims is the most important thing we can do right now. So with that you need to take you miserable mouth and life and tuck it away and let this great community mourn the loss of a great kid. Did you ever think that if you werent so negative and miserable that you actually could be positive, happy and nice person...... give it a try some time!
Camden was closed on 2/12/2013 as per WKTV website. Remsen and Adirondack were also on that list for delayed or closed. Both of those districts drive on the same roads as HP. If the community of HP want to get rid of Kathy Davis now is the time while this tragedy is still fresh in everyone's mind.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#120 Feb 19, 2013
UseYourBrain wrote:
You all just want to blame blame blame. It is not Mrs. Davis' fault that this kid died. Yes, it's awful, we all wish this didn't happen, but to blame one person isn't right?
Where were the plows? Why didn't they plow better. Lets blame them. Or God forbid, did the driver have enough driving experience to be driving on a day that morning? Maybe we should go as far as the weather reporters? Did they misreport the weather condition so the decisions that were made weren't made in good standing...
Every other kid made it to school that day. If it was a clear day and they were driving to school would it still be her fault? You can get into an accident on a clear day - we saw that multiple times this winter! Why on earth is it really Mrs Davis' fault? Honestly, saying it is her fault is he most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
I went to HP. I know Mrs. Davis. I know this haneous teacher who has decided to slander her on WKTV's Facebook, who is honestly the WORST teacher I have ever had and if I were in charge he would be fired immediately because that is inappropriate! If he was a smart man he would know how inappropriate it is, but obviously he isn't.
Mrs. David is a good person. She honestly wants the best for the kids. She is probably beating herself up over this, but you people need to back the hell off. Use your brains. Accidents happen. You don't always need to blame someone.
I am glad to be out of HP. When I was there we were all about community. The HP I knew would have come together to support the family, not to bash an administrator who may have made a bad call but this accident was not her fault.
Put aside your ignorance and be a community.
What year did you graduate? Maybe I know you. Cause you think Mr Lucason is a "haneous", heinous is how it is spelled, teacher? You must have not had the same teacher I did or that my siblings did. Do you know her other mistakes? Maybe you should look into it.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#121 Feb 19, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Does anyone know this HP teacher who's playing into the student's need to blame someone for the loss of their classmate? What kind of teacher does that? This is a time for people to come together - not to be divisive. Does he not care about the lesson he's teaching? From what I'm hearing, he's an awful teacher who has been looking for a reason to promote his own agenda and now he's shamelessly using the students' sadness to do so.
You wanna be the voice of reason, maybe you should know the people you are talking about. The teacher you think is a bad example, helped me graduate high school. He also helped many of my classmates learn how to study, how to be productive in all aspects of our lives. He has taught many students over the years and many of them will tell you that their lives are better off because of him. We need more teachers like him in the system. He actually cares. He also says he's speaking out as a parent not as a teacher.
Samantha Rossi

Rome, NY

#122 Feb 19, 2013
Disgusting wrote:
Wow now I've seen everything !! A teacher using and playing on the emotions of children who are trying to grieve the loss of a classmate because he doesn't see eye to eye with school officials ! Sickening and he should be fired! From what I am now hearing he has a history of bullying children and he is a bit toooo creepy around the kids. Very very sad that such a poor role model is allowed to teach children! The children of HP deserve better, I just can't believe how someone could be so low to use children's emotions for personal satisfaction . I'm speechless.......manipulating children like this is just unthinkable at a time like this!
The teacher you think is a bad example, helped me graduate high school. He also helped many of my classmates learn how to study, how to be productive in all aspects of our lives. He has taught many students over the years and many of them will tell you that their lives are better off because of him. We need more teachers like him in the system. He actually cares. He also says he's speaking out as a parent not as a teacher.
Impending Mutiny

Bethlehem, PA

#123 Feb 19, 2013
This tragedy is icing on the cake for the HP community. All the things we have ignored, overlooked or not given the credence to is being brought back into the spotlight. We mourn for Anusha's family, we truly do. The culmination of events is heartbreaking and we are seeing the tyranny now more than ever.

The 'troublemakers' you speak of that have voiced their opinion...they are entitled to do so. Lance Corporal Blaise Oleski (a former HP student) gave his life for that right, along with many others. Please, do not impugn it.

In a previous post, There is a whole list of things that need to be addressed. The safety, welfare. education and enrichment of our students and our future. Take a good, hard look...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Patent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breaking news: chip fab for marcy 1 hr Yes Its Coming Lol 5
Any recommendations for a travel agency? 2 hr GHR 5
Kennedy plaza 3 hr girl 3
fly a drone in my backyard 3 hr Breaking Balls Ha... 5
TOPIX is boring 4 hr nut-sack 3
New Pizza Place fromally Masters Pizza 4 hr liked 7
House break ins in Holland Patent Jul 28 Gary 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holland Patent Mortgages