Teen in critical condition after Floy...

Teen in critical condition after Floyd accident

There are 267 comments on the WKTV story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Teen in critical condition after Floyd accident. In it, WKTV reports that:

Authorities are investigating a serious two-vehicle accident on Route 365 in the Town of Floyd that sent two men to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

friends aunt

Rome, NY

#62 Feb 14, 2013
Ummm wrote:
Maybe the driver should share a little in the fault of the accident? Nothing like shifting the blame to everyone but yourself. It was an accident... get over it.
you should watch what you say the driver of the car was the boys brother he is torn up over this you should have some sympathy for this family including the older brother this is the hardest thing he will have to deal with without people like you saying that ultimately it was the superintendents fault for not delaying school for 1 or 2 hours that day the roads were bad that day our buses travel on some of the same roads as remsen and adirondacks buses and they delayed for 2 hours then ended up closing kids lost a very good friend that day and you wanted to hurt this family with your comments is downright thoughtless they are grieving and need all our prayers and well wishes you need to get a heart.
Knightmen

Utica, NY

#63 Feb 14, 2013
Alum wrote:
Putting the blame on any one or two individuals may not be the solution. The problem we have comes from a culmination of decisions that were made by Mrs Davis, the DPW and the drivers involved. All of these decisions (or lack thereof) contributed to the unfortunate result. The fact that it was a student driving his own car was very random. The vehicle involved COULD have been a school bus with dozens of students on it. There COULD have been a situation that involved many more. Trust me, I'm not here to preach "could have, should have, would have". This boils down to having students, bus drivers, teachers and administration being put into a bad, avoidable situation. My heart goes out to family, friends and the entire community.
Well said. Agree with this 100%. Hopefully everyone can learn from this and not make the same mistakes again. Life is 2 short as it is.
I agree

Rome, NY

#64 Feb 14, 2013
Why do these Topix forums have so many people just looking to jump at the chance to flame someone for their opinions? There concerns. And everyone one of you like this is so narrow minded and one sided it is sickening...and you don't even bother taking the time to read what people post, nor take into account what they are trying to say.

How can a school draw a line at making a call at 5:30 am? And if that is strict policy...how come a few weeks back, while my kids were waiting for the bus, we learned at that time school was delayed? If that decision was made at 5:30 am, wouldn't the media have reported it, like it always does? My wife checks for closing, delays every morning when the weather is bad. And checks more than one source.

There are statements on the letter posted on the website, as well as sent home that were obviously not followed this past Monday and Tuesday.

And I would also like to add, what or why did the school decide to send this letter home this Tuesday? There had to be a reason for it.

Listen, nobody once has said we should close school everytime it snows people. Where in the heck did that even come from? Oh, I know, just to be a jerk. Yes, that is right a jerk.

You tell me, that you didn't consider the road conditions on Monday and Tuesday to be hazardous. Come on, do it, say something else that is completely wrong, or opposite to start a fight.

I am not here to point fingers at anyone. Because yes, there are a ton of factors that were involved in this tragic accident. And yes, it could have happened at anytime, and to anyone.

The fact of the matter here all you negative people, is that this past Monday and Tuesday the Holland Patent School District paid no attention to the safety of its students or faculty by not even delaying school to allow the roads to be cleared, or for them to become a little less dangerous.

We had two straight days of bad road conditions, and HP didn't even flinch. Is it wrong for anyone to wonder why after Monday's accidents with buses sliding off and all over the road, that when Tuesday roads were just as bad that nothing occured?

Why is this so hard for some of to see. No, you can't see, instead flame everyone for having that concern.

Why? You don't think the safety of the kids are important? You don't think Monday and Tuesday road conditions were that bad to at least delay school?

The response to school not being delayed on Monday was due to an ice storm hitting us at 8am. Really? So when I left for work at 8am on Monday, my entire truck and driveway where covered in ice in a matter of seconds? Wow, never seen that happen before! They knew it was coming, it wasn't a surprise. Heck, they can cancel school a day before a storm hits, but they can't when it is happening at that moment?

I went to school in this area, I remember going to school, lining up to drop of the middle school students only to have the school send us back home. Fact of the matter, the call to send the kids home can happen at anytime.

Does that present issues and troubles with parents? Sure. But again, the bottom line here people is safety. Of which HP definitely turned the other cheek on this week. And that letter trying to cover their butts on the decision holds no water. Because it is obvious they didn't follow the majority of their supposed factors on their decision to cancel or delay school.
Christine B

New York, NY

#65 Feb 14, 2013
Worker wrote:
How dare you attack the teacher that is concerned for his students! I graduated from HP. I had this teacher. He is by far one of the BEST teachers in this district. Ask any of his former students. I wish I had this teacher for all of the classes I took. This teacher loves his job and his students. He is very concerned about all this and you have no right to attack him.
My children have this teacher and have never had a bad thing to say about him. It isn't against the law to speak your mind..........
friends aunt

Rome, NY

#66 Feb 14, 2013
here's another comment if the school district wasn't to blame for this tragedy then why did they send a note home the same day as the accident blaming the transportation dept or the parents.that note came home only after the district had received numerous calls from parents that lived in the district. then the next day they gave a revised version of the note to the elementary kids to bring home, but took the note back and tore it up before they could bring it home for the parents to see. what is hp school board or superintendent trying to hide. I for one would love to have seen what was in the note the elementary kids were supposed to bring home. what didn't they want parents to see, why did they rip up the note, perhaps they should have a meeting with parents and explain themselves a little bit.
Friend of family

Rome, NY

#67 Feb 14, 2013
Just saying wrote:
Just an observation but isnt Holland patent School in the Opposite direction of which way they were heading when the accident happened???
You should look at a map. You are wrong in your observation. No offense meant just letting you know. They were headed east on 365 from Floyd Rome area. Hp is north east of that area. Thus, the boys were headed in the right direction.
Kevin

Syracuse, NY

#68 Feb 14, 2013
friends aunt wrote:
here's another comment if the school district wasn't to blame for this tragedy then why did they send a note home the same day as the accident blaming the transportation dept or the parents.that note came home only after the district had received numerous calls from parents that lived in the district. then the next day they gave a revised version of the note to the elementary kids to bring home, but took the note back and tore it up before they could bring it home for the parents to see. what is hp school board or superintendent trying to hide. I for one would love to have seen what was in the note the elementary kids were supposed to bring home. what didn't they want parents to see, why did they rip up the note, perhaps they should have a meeting with parents and explain themselves a little bit.
Tin foil hat time. Have you even read the letter?
Kevin

Syracuse, NY

#69 Feb 14, 2013
Christine B wrote:
<quoted text>
My children have this teacher and have never had a bad thing to say about him. It isn't against the law to speak your mind..........
Insubordination much?

“America: Pussified?”

Since: Nov 08

Stittville

#70 Feb 14, 2013
kevin...please tell me that you are just an asshat troll.
Kevin

Syracuse, NY

#71 Feb 14, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
kevin...please tell me that you are just an asshat troll.
Fobbit? Is that you?
duh

Little Falls, NY

#72 Feb 14, 2013
prayers and condolences to the family
Taxpayer

Rome, NY

#74 Feb 15, 2013
This is only one in a long line of poor leadership decisions this pathetic excuse for an administrator has mad. I graduated from the district and it was a central point that brought our community together and had great reputation. Since She has taken over its one fumble after another for our home and our community.

Under her command we have had Guns on buses go off. The red flags and questions were brought up then.

Fights so bad that children end up hospitalized.

A Rapist pedophile Bus Driver fucking kids and serving them up to his rapist pedophile son, WHAT??????? Who over sees the screening process?

Countless questions of her business decisions dealing with million's in upgrades to Sports fields while laying off teachers and cutting programs for students.

Countless examples of when there should be a delay and there wasn't or was no school when there could have been.

This is a tragedy, it was an accident, and this is about mourning a great kid.

When the dust settles:
This decision made: among others should be the breaking point in this persons destruction of a wonderful community. Her competence should be under a microscope.

She gets paid top dollar to make critical decisions to protect at all costs the integrity and safety of the school and the students she leads (If you can call it that). If she thinks shedding the blame for a bad choice she made is what shes getting paid for she has another thing coming.

This should be the beginning of the end of a terrible person not prepared to lead and make tough decisions.

Kathy you have failed this community, you have failed the school and its students and most importantly you failed a young man all of whom place trust in you and skirt suits to make the decisions we pay you a quarter of a million dollars annually to make.

GET LOST! YOU FAIL!
my8kinbutt

Utica, NY

#75 Feb 15, 2013
If the roads were that bad, why were they allowed to drive to school.We pay for fuel for the buses in our taxes, use them.
concerned

Altmar, NY

#76 Feb 15, 2013
my8kinbutt wrote:
If the roads were that bad, why were they allowed to drive to school.We pay for fuel for the buses in our taxes, use them.
You are so right. Why blam prhee the superintendant she didn't drive the car and she don't go out to check the roads there are other people that do that and report to her.
bad azz kneegaaz

Kirkville, NY

#77 Feb 15, 2013
LOL dis is way be funny,
dayz coolda took da buss.
and yaz all nows dat its da parents and da drivers fault.
Coach

Utica, NY

#78 Feb 16, 2013
I think we all need to step back and take the lead from Nush's family. The accedent was a series of unfortunate events. Blame, stone throwing, letters are just a knee jerk reaction and when its fueled by axe grinding, ignorance and witch hunts we dishonor Anusha's life and contributions. Maybe Ms. Swalgen, Ms. Storm and Mr. Luke could stay down for a while and allow the family to get through this ordeal. What these adults seem to forget is that there are kids here, friends of Anusha that have to make some sort of sense of this, kids that have the heavy burden of dealing with death for the first time. There is now an empty chair in class as a reminder to them everyday, Adults need to take the lead and help these young people through this. Lay down your axe and stone and honor Anusha Yagey.
my8kinbutt

Utica, NY

#79 Feb 16, 2013
bad azz kneegaaz wrote:
LOL dis is way be funny,
dayz coolda took da buss.
and yaz all nows dat its da parents and da drivers fault.
Either you didn't graduate,or you had someone take English class for you.What's this world coming to and they are walking among us.
concerned women 4 america

Rome, NY

#80 Feb 16, 2013
"its the parents and the drivers fault."

AGREED!
Kathy

Meriden, CT

#81 Feb 16, 2013
concerned women 4 america wrote:
"its the parents and the drivers fault."
AGREED!
Thank You!

Happy to see more of you falling into line.
Come on now, lots more of my faithful servants (teachers) out there.....flame the kids, praise me!!!!
holland patent dementia

Rome, NY

#82 Feb 16, 2013
maybe it was the "drivers ed." teachers fault?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Patent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
13 year old not accountable for runaway train 5 min Accountability 1
Utica Crybabies 59 min well 2
Who is best woman doctor in area (Feb '13) 1 hr MarkS 25
Slice pizzeria (Nov '13) 1 hr The Truth 154
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 1 hr 1984 13
Don Trump is another Ed Hanna 1 hr Taking Account 31
A third term for Obama 2 hr Wow 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holland Patent Mortgages