Missouri Democrat Wants To Force Pare...

Missouri Democrat Wants To Force Parents To Notify Schools If They Own A Gun

Posted in the Holland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tomv2

Holland, MI

#1 Jan 23, 2013
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– Missouri state Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal wants parents to notify schools if they own a gun. She also wants to make failing to prevent guns getting into the wrong hands an illegal offense. The state senator is holding a news conference on Wednesday in Jefferson city to release the proposed legislation.

According to a release from the Senator’s office Senate Bill 124 will make,“failing to prevent illegal firearm possession, it creates the offense of negligent storage of a firearm and it requires a parent or guardian enrolling a child in school to notify the school district or the governing body of a private or charter school that the parent or guardian owns a firearm.”

The press conference will be held at noon in the Bingham Gallery on the 3rd floor of the State Capitol.

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/22/gun-owners-must...
bonds77

Holland, MI

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Dumb.
Seven

Holland, MI

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Nobody has the right to know if I have guns in my home.
Zianian LLC

Holley, NY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Sure we do.

How else will we know who gets to be in our well regulated militia?

Duh.
Zianian LLC

Holley, NY

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Sure we do.
How else will we choose who gets to join our well regulated militia?

Duh.
FYMO

Carol Stream, IL

#6 Jan 25, 2013
I'll support laws like this when they pass the law that requires ALL public school teachers to undergo a complete background check- like what they give for security clearances. And once the background check is complete the information must then be published- word for word no redactactions and sent to every voter each year. The schools want to know about us- why can't we know about them? More school students are molested each year than are victims of school shootings!
disco stu

Holland, MI

#7 Jan 25, 2013
FYMO -- that seems very logical. That information needs to go both ways.

Seven -- I believe law enforcement would need to know for the simple reason of THIER OWN, if not public safety. The schools however dont need to know this information.
Zianian LLC

Holley, NY

#8 Jan 25, 2013
I support a law that requires ALL public officuals to undergo a complete background check- like what they give for security clearances. And once the background check is complete the information must then be published- word for word no redactions and sent to every voter each year.

I now agree 100%
I say do it even more so.
24-7 audio n video survalance on them bastards.
Then well see who they really work for.
Seven

Holland, MI

#9 Jan 25, 2013
disco stu wrote:
Seven -- I believe law enforcement would need to know for the simple reason of THIER OWN, if not public safety. The schools however dont need to know this information.
Couldn't disagree more Stu.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

"The Fourth Amendment was intended to create a constitutional buffer between U.S. citizens and the intimidating power of law enforcement. It has three components. First, it establishes a privacy interest by recognizing the right of U.S. citizens to be "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects." Second, it protects this privacy interest by prohibiting searches and seizures that are "unreasonable" or are not authorized by a warrant based upon probable cause. Third, it states that no warrant may be issued to a law enforcement officer unless that warrant describes with particularity "the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#10 Jan 26, 2013
So if the police are going to a disturbance at house, you dont believe that they might need to know exactly who & what they are walking into? That they might need to know this residence has firearms in the house?

I have two family members that are in local law enforcement and I would want them to know what they are dealing with before they walk into an ambush. i.e. a database of registration.

If they didnt have firearms registered, how would they ever pinpoint which weapons were used in crimes?
Or dont they "need" that nugget of information to solve cases?

You have the right to bear arms. But you DONT have the right to keep it a secret from the man & women in blue.
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#11 Jan 26, 2013
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

Regulated : Adj.,- controlled or governed according to rule or principle or law; "well regulated industries"; "houses with regulated temperature"

---
ref: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regulated

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 Jan 26, 2013
how many criminals register their guns oh CLUELESS one? how many?

so your family members bust into a crack-house, they're gonna know who has a gun and who doesn't because they're all registered?

face it. all it's doing is punishing law-abiding citizens. CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW/RULES!!!
allthumbs

Holland, MI

#13 Jan 26, 2013
Why can't I buy a bazooka or tank? hell what about nuclear bombs? why do we have limits at all? Aint this America?
Seven

Holland, MI

#14 Jan 26, 2013
disco stu wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.
Regulated : Adj.,- controlled or governed according to rule or principle or law; "well regulated industries"; "houses with regulated temperature"
---
ref: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regulated
"free state" Not a police state.
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#15 Jan 26, 2013
"...face it. all it's doing is punishing law-abiding citizens." ~ BirtherDWG

please tell me - how does the simple fact of the local police knowing your serial numbers/registration of my 20 and 12 gauge "punishing" me?

Does it stop anyone from hunting? no.
Does it stop anyone skeet? no.
Does it stop anyone from target? no.
Does it in ANY WAY effect their aim or how they shoot? no.

please enlighten us.
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#16 Jan 26, 2013
"free state" Not a police state." ~ Seven

A "free state" still has LAWS!
Seven

Holland, MI

#17 Jan 26, 2013
disco stu wrote:
I still have my rights, you might want to read them. There are ten
of them, they protect my liberty and property.

NO LAW entitles anybody to know if I have a gun in my home.
Blackhorse

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Jan 27, 2013
disco stu wrote:
Disco stu, please show me the law that requires me to inform the school system or a doctor; that there are firearms in my home.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#19 Jan 27, 2013
I dunno, i'm starting to think that some of the board members are paranoid enough to shoot cops entering their home- shoot first, ask questions later. Those cops are enforcing the tyrannical government.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 27, 2013
disco stu wrote:
"...face it. all it's doing is punishing law-abiding citizens." ~ BirtherDWG
please tell me - how does the simple fact of the local police knowing your serial numbers/registration of my 20 and 12 gauge "punishing" me?
Does it stop anyone from hunting? no.
Does it stop anyone skeet? no.
Does it stop anyone from target? no.
Does it in ANY WAY effect their aim or how they shoot? no.
please enlighten us.
it's not about hunting oh CLUELESS one. for the last time - it's not about hunting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shopping 1 hr Ian 45
If Obama Had A Son 2 hr Sneaky Pete 1
The difference between Obama and Cecil the lion 3 hr District 1 5
Nature!!! 6 hr Ian 49
What'chya eatin'? (Feb '13) 6 hr Ian 24
Plants bushes and trees and such. 6 hr Ian 28
Reasons to frown... 6 hr Ian 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holland Mortgages