and it begins.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 30, 2012
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

yep, he doesn't want our guns, does he clueless? nope. no worries.
Blackhorse

Byron Center, MI

#2 Dec 30, 2012
“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it”-obummer

obozo has never voted pro gun in his life. Why does this surprise anyone? Oh wait, disco stu and bonds77 are probably dumbfounded. They have always said Hussein Obummer would never take away guns. After all, he said he liked duck hunting.(also a lie)
Seven

Holland, MI

#3 Dec 30, 2012
Bummer is surrounded by guns, his kids go to school with armed guards like many other politicians and their kids. But the little people that pay their wages don't deserve to protect themselves.

Talk about hypocrisy.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#4 Dec 30, 2012
"But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines."

Yep. I don't have a problem with it. But, you know, you GOTTA have these to hunt and protect yourself(which I'm in favor of legal guns having a place to do)

Maybe if it were one of your kids you'd feel differently.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 31, 2012
nope. still would feel the same. it's the person behind the weapon - not the weapon that killed.

let's do a little experiment Bonds. take a fully automatic AK-47 and lay it on a kitchen table. as long as no human touches it, it will NEVER kill anyone. NEVER EVER. let's all try it and see if that works.

it's all about the looks of the weapons, Bonds. i can have a Ruger 10/22 - the old school looking rifle. and i can have the same gun all decked out to look like i could take on the the wholE Taliban myself. Both are still semi-automatic. both can shoot the same amount of rounds. but 1 of the LOOKS scary.

and about reloading. i can reload a Ruger 10/22 fast enough that you couldn't get close to me to stop me. if i can, i am sure anyone else can. and what if i have more than 1 weapon? what if i have (5) 10-round wepaons? that's 50 shots i can get off before having to reload. theoretically that's 50 casualities with a legal weapon.

and tell me. how good did the assault weapons ban do to stop the killers at Columbine? because Clintons' ban was in effect at that time. it didn't do a BIT of good, in case you were still thinking on that one.

but in any case. they ARE coming for the guns. 1 step at a time. Obamy just needed the right "tragedy" to get things going.
Truth Be Told

Holland, MI

#6 Dec 31, 2012
one aspect of "gun control" that is overlooked is the misguided notion by leftists that guns and "Christians" are intertwined.

Even the president called pro gun Americans "bitter clingers holding on to their guns and bibles"

The attack on gun rights is connected to the attack on Christians in general.

The rabid hatred for the NRA is based in part on religion.

the biggest reason the left hates guns is because the left hates gun owners but doesn't have the guts to openly express their real agenda, at least not yet-
Truth Be Told

Holland, MI

#7 Dec 31, 2012
obama waited until his second term to undermine the Constitution, we all knew if he was re elected he would disarm lawful Americans.
while doing nothing to curb real crime.

good luck arguing facts with a leftist bdwg, you have years of brainwashing and an "educated" liberal working against you.

the facts and stats are useless because the left isn't really interested in reducing crime and using logic won't work either because neither have any impact on the real reason liberals want a gun ban.

Bill Ayers is a hero to the left, he used guns and explosives to kill police.
now he teaches politics at liberal U, eats dinner at the WH and is a dear friend to the Dear Leader...
that's all anyone needs to know to understand the real liberal agenda
Truth Be Told

Holland, MI

#8 Dec 31, 2012
it's ironic isn't it-

gun controls was created by democrats to keep newly freed slaves from arming themselves, the first gun laws applied only to blacks.

today blacks make up about 15% of the population but account for a little more than half the murders in america

now we have a black president hell bent on disarming lawful Americans with a "crime" bill that does nothing to address crime and won't effect criminals.

only one mass shooter has used a legally owned gun.
the only way a total gun ban would reduce crime is by eliminating the number of lawful gun owners the criminals can steal guns from

its reparation time
Blackhorse

Byron Center, MI

#9 Dec 31, 2012
I said it once but it is worth repeating. How is it that disarming me and keeping me from protecting myself, is supposed to make me safer?

bonds77; if you want to save innocent lives do this instead:

1. make tobacco illegal.
2. make alcohol illegal.
3. teach abstinence and monogamy to our children.

Tobacco related deaths per year:
heart disease - 599,000
cancer - 567,000

Alcohol related deaths per year:
Alcohol is a factor in 75,000 deaths per year.

AIDS/HIV deaths through 2007: 583,000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/ns/health...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_o...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_the_...

If you were REALLY interested in stopping death, you would forget about guns and focus on those three things.

I won't even mention abortion. 3,425 babies are killed everyday in America. If killing children enrages you, what should we do about this?

http://www.movementforabetteramerica.org/abor...

So get back to me when you can bonds77.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 31, 2012
but the guns are SCARY looking. they have to be banned.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#11 Dec 31, 2012
Did I ask for guns to be banned?

It's taking one point and making it totally into something I didn't make a point on.

I'm not calling for the banning of all guns. But I do have a question.

Why are there far, far more gun deaths in America than any other Western nation. Why is that? Culture? Availability? Attitude?

If you want to kill yourself with tobacco, go for it. Same with alcohol, pot, heroin- whatever. I'm not going to hurt YOU if I smoke. I might hurt you with alcohol, but only if i do something irresponsible with it. I am fine with guns, but I don't, and won't, ever understand the equation with a firearm with the God you serve, your family, and country. The firearm isn't even in the same sphere.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 1, 2013
bonds77 wrote:
I might hurt you with alcohol, but only if i do something irresponsible with it.
same goes for firearms.

i have a dozen or so guns in my house. none of them has EVER hurt anyone. but they have always been used responsibly.
Blackhorse

Byron Center, MI

#13 Jan 1, 2013
So you don't want to ban alcohol. Maybe you will feel differently if a drunk kills one of your kids. Or your wife.

Maybe a stoner puffing on a doobie while driving might do the deed of making your children orphans. It has happened.

But you ask: " Why are there far, far more gun deaths in America than any other Western nation. Why is that? Culture? Availability? Attitude?"

Nope, the reason is becausewe have far, far more people. Look at the rate by population. That is a true reflection of what the frequency is.

Gun homicides per 100K population:

Honduras 68
El Salvador 40
Jamaica 39
Venezuela 39
Guatemala 35
Saint Kitts and Nevis 32
Trinidad and Tobago 27
Colombia 27
Belize 22
Puerto Rico 18
Brazil 18
South Africa 17
Dominican Republic 16
Panama 16
Bahamas 15
Ecuador 13
Guyana 11
Mexico 10
Philippines 9
Paraguay 7
Anguilla 7
Nicaragua 6
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 5
Zimbabwe 5
Costa Rica 5
Argentina 3
Barbados 3
United States 3

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

See, we are not so bad, actually we are leaps and bounds ahead of many, many other countries. Notice war torn countries are not included. The gun control laws we have now are working and DO NOT need to be changed.

We could make those numbers even better if we enforced the gun laws we already have. I'll be waiting for your emotional response.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#14 Jan 1, 2013
You must have missed the "Western" part.

Not the Western HEMISPHERE, nimrod. Western nations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...

Facts. Nothing emotional about it. I reiterate: WHY does the US have far more gun homicides than any other western nation?

That's not including accidental gun deaths, which I'm sure goes far beyond "lives saved" by marauding invaders into your home. I'm sure most of them can be attributed to dumb parents and dumb accidents, but still. There is a cultural problem.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 2, 2013
Or is there an edcational problem? As in gun education problem?
Blackhorse

Byron Center, MI

#16 Jan 2, 2013
Again nimrod, because we have more people.

Compare the number of gun homocides to a specific portion of the population and see what you get.

Besides, isn't;

Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica, Venezuela, Guatemala, Saint Kitts and Nevis , Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, Belize, Puerto Rico and Brazil in the Western Hemisphere?

Nimrod indeed. You need a 4th grade geography lesson.
disco stu

Holland, MI

#17 Jan 2, 2013
"...yep, he doesn't want our guns, does he clueless? nope. no worries." ~ BirtherDWG

"...Obama has called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines." ~ per above link

Yes, judging by the statement above (from your link) Pres. Obama is CLEARLY going full-steam for the "BAN ALL FIREARMS" approach.

Sure, we all realize IT SAYS "ban assault weapons & high capacity mags" but we ALL know thats "code" for banning EVERY firearm in the country --right?

This issue is going to be dragged out for the next 4 years, so you may want to ration out your "Precognitive Over-Dramatic Outrage" of the situation.
disco stu

Holland, MI

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Also notable -- the handguns this guy used at Sandy Hook were ALL perfectly legal and owned by Nancy Lanza.

Owning firearms didnt do HER much good keeping HER safe, now did it?
But teaching a mentally ill teen how to load & fire these weapons seems like a GREAT idea the time?

I place the majority of the blame on the mom and her failure to lock down her legally owned firearms and ammunition.

Three simple trigger locks could have stopped this terrible situation from happening.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 2, 2013
just the beginning clueless... just the beginning.
disco stu

Holland, MI

#20 Jan 2, 2013
Thanks Carnac!

Your record of reading the future IS spotless - so this time it MUST be true!

Let me guess,......is it time to "take back america" again?

[because that worked out so well for you LAST time, huh?]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NRA Member Sneaky Pete _ Islamic Extremists Tak... (Apr '15) 3 hr District 1 40
Obama Refuses To Take Selfies With U.S. Troops 6 hr District 1 4
Venezuelans now stealing food from school cafet... 6 hr District 1 5
More NRA Lies 6 hr Fuzzy Wuzzy 3
Democrat Who Opposed Welfare Fraud Measure Indi... Fri No PC for Me 1
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... Fri District 1 4
Told you...... Fri Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holland Mortgages