Obama: Congress Must Ban Any Gun “Not...

Obama: Congress Must Ban Any Gun “Not Necessary For Hunters”

Posted in the Holland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom2v

Holland, MI

#1 Jan 28, 2013
President Obama reiterated his determination Monday to see Congress act to reduce gun violence.

“The only way that we’re going to be able to do everything that needs to be done is with cooperation of Congress,” he said at the start of a meeting with Vice President Joe Biden and law enforcement officials from the Major Cities Chiefs Association and the Major County Sheriffs Association.

“That means passing serious laws that restrict the access and availability of assault weapons and magazine clips that aren’t necessary for hunters and sportsmen, those responsible gun owners who are out there. It means that we are serious about universal background checks, it means that we take seriously issues of mental health and school safety,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/ob...

the Second Amendment applied only to hunters.
just ask PETA
disco stu

Holland, MI

#2 Jan 28, 2013
I must have missed where Pres. Obama said he wanted ALL FIREARMS banned?
Can somebody point that out that specific passage for us?
Blackhorse

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Jan 28, 2013
disco stu, did you read the thread title? Try doing that before you ask a dumb question.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 28, 2013
it's never stopped him before Blackhorse.

hey clueless! what happened to "he doesn't want your guns"? now it's "he doesn't want ALL you guns"...

what's next?
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#5 Jan 28, 2013
"disco stu, did you read the thread title? Try doing that before you ask a dumb question." ~ Blackhorse

Well Since Tom CREATES the thread title, do we take it for granted that it JUST MIGHT NOT be accurate?

Where in THE LINK'S story does anything remotely resemble the title of this thread?

No surprise,...it dosnt.
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#6 Jan 28, 2013
"hey clueless! what happened to "he doesn't want your guns"? now it's "he doesn't want ALL you guns"...

what's next?" ~ BirtherDWG

When he tries to take away my M18 recoilless rifle!
Or my AP & HE rounds!

Wait!....It's already "illegal" for me to own those!

Blast Obama for taking away my right to own whatever I deem necessary!!

...he's sneaky, that one.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 28, 2013
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/28/obama-tu...
“That means passing serious laws that restrict the access and availability of assault weapons and magazine clips that aren’t necessary for hunters and sportsmen and those responsible gun owners who are out there." - Obama

but what are you going to about the irresponsible bun owners (criminals) that DON'T comply with ANY laws, Mr. Obama?

Location hidden

#8 Jan 28, 2013
CLUELESS stu wrote:
Where in THE LINK'S story does anything remotely resemble the title of this thread?
No surprise,...it dosnt.
uh yes it does. did you bother to even OPEN the link?

ok clueless... under the video (the talky-moving thingy)- 3rd paragraph(you know what that is, right?) down - "That means passing serious laws that restrict the access and availability of assault weapons and magazine clips that aren't necessary for hunters and sportsmen, those responsible gun owners who are out there."

wow....
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#9 Jan 28, 2013
I see the word "restrict".
Yet I dont see the word "ban"?

Those arnt the same words are they?

-
restrict: n, a limitation on the use of property/facility

ban: v, to prohibit the use, performance, or distribution of
-

oh i get it.
One of them puts a specific limit on how many their can be and the other one dosnt allow ANY at all.

yeah. that's pretty much the same thing.

.....but not really.
Blackhorse

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Jan 28, 2013
disco stu wrote:
No surprise,...it dosnt.
Sure it does! Here is a quote from the link:

"That means passing serious laws that restrict the access and availability of assault weapons and magazine clips that aren't necessary for hunters and sportsmen....." (Snip)

Come on disco stu! At least READ the article.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 29, 2013
clueless stu wrote:
A ban is quite restrictive so it does remotely resemble the title...

Clueless is as clueless does....
Why don't you just stick to running your little 3 person business....
bonds77

Holland, MI

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Uh oh...business running bravado....

Could be that the "little" 3 person business has the same revenue as a 30 person...
disco stu

Plainwell, MI

#13 Jan 29, 2013
"A ban is quite restrictive so it does remotely resemble the title..." ~ BirtherDWG

But yet banning & restricting are TWO TOTALLY different definitions.

But you NEED that jump to claim that Pres. is stopping you from owning firearms. Which he is not.

But he's a "fake citizen muslim" who is trying "destroy" America -- so we know where YOU stand on the issue.

(we get it. You lost the election so you need to snipe at him SOMEHOW. And coming up with new ideas for solutions to our problems seems to be to much work.)

---

hmmmm,..my business seems VERY off topic for this thread, but you keep getting these posting beatdowns, so I guess you need SOMETHING to change the subject.

....And I can ACTUALLY answer ANY question about my 3 person business, unlike yourself and your fantasy 30 person business who's one answer for everything is "I dont know, I have somebody who takes care of that" -- Yes, that's clearly a sign of someone who has built "his" company from the ground up & runs the day to day operation.

....but yet, who works 40 hours for SOMEONE else to "save" money on health care no less????

And your actually expecting people to buy that bullsh*t?

sure thing Mr Perrigo.
...or is that Mr Gentex?
Herman Miller?
No, its Mr Johnson Controls right?

Location hidden

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Oh clueless one.... you're such a big mouth when you don't know the truth. You just make me smile. You clearly can't comprehend reality. I'd love to prove you wrong and watch you eat a BIG pile of crow..... Ya almost had me though... I started to type more... but no thank you.

And yet you claim Obamy didn't want our guns... now it's just some.... give'em an inch, they'll take a mile... "just give him time".

Ban, restriction, call it what you want, the 2nd amendment covers me (and you). And either of those is wrong.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 29, 2013
You figure how to get criminals to register their guns and you might have a much better chance of getting your way. Till then.....
disco stu

Holland, MI

#16 Jan 29, 2013
"Ban, restriction, call it what you want...." ~ BirtherDWG

No. not call it what I want.
Lets call it what Merriam-Webster Dictionary calls it:

• restrict: n, a limitation on the use of property/facility

• ban: v, to prohibit the use, performance, or distribution of

Clearly to EVERYONE ELSE they are TWO DIFFERENT WORDS with TWO DIFFERENT MEANINGS.

But that DOSNT work for YOUR argument so you would like to meld them into ONE word to mean the same thing.

un huh.
keep pushing that point - it seems to be really "working" for you.
disco stu

Holland, MI

#17 Jan 29, 2013
"i'd love to prove you wrong and watch you eat a BIG pile of crow..... Ya almost had me though... I started to type more... but no thank you." ~ BirtherDWG

we get it.
you cant back up what you dont have.

OH, but you "do" have it.

okay then.
carry on with sharing your extensive "business" experience.......(or lack thereof)

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#18 Jan 29, 2013
bdwg wrote:
http://www.torontosun.com/2013 /01/28/obama-turns-to-police-o fficers-in-gun-control-fight
“That means passing serious laws that restrict the access and availability of assault weapons and magazine clips that aren’t necessary for hunters and sportsmen and those responsible gun owners who are out there." - Obama
but what are you going to about the irresponsible bun owners (criminals) that DON'T comply with ANY laws, Mr. Obama?
Have them arrested hopefully.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#19 Jan 29, 2013
bdwg wrote:
You figure how to get criminals to register their guns and you might have a much better chance of getting your way. Till then.....

You are an idiot. It is quite obvious to anyone that reads your nonsensical posts. Funny how you gun freaks love the 2nd ammendment, yet don't know what is says. Like the part that says "Well regulated".. Its right there in the front.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 29, 2013
so what are the regulations? where does it say that there are regulation as to the weapons we may keep in the Constitution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist White Cops Strike Again! 4 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
"There It Is!!!" 9 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
Yet They Can't Afford Water!!!!! 10 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Original Thought of the Day... 1 hr IanW 1
Gratitude 2 hr Ian 12
Yard Sales... Yard Sales... Yard Sales... (Nov '10) 2 hr Ian 249
Where Is My $2500 Healthcare Savings? 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3
Protesters Block Highway in Cleveland 4 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 82
More from around the web

Holland People Search