Mass Dem Gov. Grants Illegal Aliens I...

Mass Dem Gov. Grants Illegal Aliens In-State Tuition Rates At Public Colleges

Posted in the Holland Forum

Tom2v

Holland, MI

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Mass Dem Gov. Deval Patrick Grants Illegal Aliens In-State Tuition Rates At All Public Colleges, Universities…
Undocumented immigrants who qualify for deferred deportation will get tuition breaks at public colleges and universities in Massachusetts.
An unnamed official told The Boston Globe that Gov. Deval Patrick will send a letter Monday to High Education Commissioner Richard Freeland announcing the new policy.
The news marks a victory for immigration rights activists who argue that immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children should have a path to citizenship and be able to enjoy the same residency benefits as citizens.
Some oppose the change in policy, arguing that state resources should go to citizens.
Patrick had said previously he supported providing in-state tuition to undocumented residents of Massachusetts, according to a report by the State House News Service, calling it a “matter of fairness.”
“They didn’t sneak in,” Patrick said, according to the State House News Service.“They were brought here by their parents. They only know one country and that is the United States.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/in-s...

Americans and whitie must pay.... how racist is that!
but it's liberal racism..so its ok
bonds77

Holland, MI

#2 Nov 19, 2012
"immigration rights activists who argue that immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children should have a path to citizenship and be able to enjoy the same residency benefits as citizens"

So it's their fault now? Hey, kid, just tell your parents no...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2012
bring'em on in... they just don't get to vote for 25 yrs (after the first opportunity for them to vote).

but i digress
you are teaching the kids it's ok to break the law... in fact you'll be rewarded for it.

what about the people who take YEARS to get citizenship the RIGHT way? why bother now....?
bonds77

Holland, MI

#4 Nov 19, 2012
We're talking about kids. You want to punish kids for what they're parents do? That doesn't make sense. You think a kid who was forced to come here as a 5 year old should be punished for life?

The parents- sure. The kids- no.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 20, 2012
How are you going to punish the parents and not the kids?
I think someone told me, back in the day, LIFE'S NOT FAIR! You're right its not.
hermie

Byron Center, MI

#6 Nov 20, 2012
life isnt fair go away if your not hear legel.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#7 Nov 20, 2012
Punish the parents. Deport them. If the kids are college age, and their parents brought they here via illegal means, they don't deserve to be punished for life.

What if your parents had a big business or gambling debt and the state could pass that on to you? Is that fair?

Location hidden

#8 Nov 20, 2012
i see - split up the family. leave the kids to the gov't.... seems like a decent idea so far (turn off sarcasm).

don't punish them for life? college age is adult age. they can leave too.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#9 Nov 20, 2012
Well we'll agree to disagree. Hopefully nobody ever punishes your kids for what you've done.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 20, 2012
bonds77 wrote:
Hopefully nobody ever punishes your kids for what you've done.
you're the one that wants to split up families.... not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We knew this would happen 18 min Uzi does it 21
SUCH a Shock.... 26 min Uzi does it 6
Obama farewell speech, standing ovation! 2 hr District 1 7
Original Thought of the Day... (Jun '15) 6 hr Uzi does it 73
Illegitimacy of Democrat Primary 14 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
l o v e __ r u l e s___ (May '15) 22 hr District 1 135
Nike Map Mon Uzi does it 10

Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance