Woodward Threatened For Criticizing O...

Woodward Threatened For Criticizing Obama “You Will Regret Doing This”

Posted in the Holland Forum

Tom2v

Holland, MI

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Woodward Says Top White House Official Threatened Him For Criticizing Obama On Sequester Cuts,“You Will Regret Doing This”…

WOLF BLITZER, CNN: You're used to this kind of stuff, but share with our viewers what's going on between you and the White House.

BOB WOODWARD: Well, they're not happy at all and some people kind of, you know, said, look,'we don't see eye to eye on this.' They never really said, though, afterwards, they've said that this is factually wrong, and they -- and it was said to me in an e-mail by a top --

BLITZER: What was said?

WOODWARD: It was said very clearly, you will regret doing this.

BLITZER: Who sent that e-mail to you?

WOODWARD: Well, I'm not going to say.

BLITZER: Was it a senior person at the White House?

WOODWARD: A very senior person. And just as a matter -- I mean, it makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters,'you're going to regret doing something that you believe in, and even though we don't look at it that way, you do look at it that way.' I think if Barack Obama knew that was part of the communication's strategy, let's hope it's not a strategy, that it's a tactic that somebody's employed, and said,'Look, we don't go around trying to say to reporters, if you, in an honest way, present something we don't like, that, you know, you're going to regret this.' It's Mickey Mouse.(The Situation Room, February 27, 2013)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

yeah yeah...fear mongering. I know
politiciansRtinc upshakers

Pottstown, PA

#2 Feb 28, 2013
All you have to do is look at the administration's propaganda division msnbc and you'll see a microcosim of the attitude twards their agenda and those who oppose it.
disco stu

Holland, MI

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Bob should name names. That puts the ball in Obama's court.

This "Senior" person should not be making such heavy "comments" and should be penalized/fired appropriately.

I believe Bob Woodward a heck of a lot more then anyone in Obama Administration,....or ANY Administration for that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberal Laugh Of The Day 2 hr Uzi does it 85
VA Question for BH (May '14) 8 hr District 1 35
Blackhorse Is the Dumbest Poster from Holland M... (Jun '14) 8 hr District 1 304
Good Palafaces Ban Paleface Son 9 hr Uzi does it 9
Think of Jesus-Think of God 10 hr Bruce 170
Tools tools tools. (Jul '15) 11 hr Ian 44
Different Week, Different Firing 23 hr bonds77 14

Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holland Mortgages