Fraud defendant granted time to try t...

Fraud defendant granted time to try to overturn judge's ruling

There are 32 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Jan 9, 2007, titled Fraud defendant granted time to try to overturn judge's ruling. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

Attorneys for Marc Sessions Jenson have until March 8 to submit a motion designed to convince a judge that Jenson should not face trial on six felony counts, five alleging securities fraud and a sixth alleging ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sean OBrien

Ogden, UT

#1 Mar 9, 2007
Most of us try to earn a living in an honest way. It's sad when people like Mark Jenson do it dishonestly. I personally was defrauded by Mark some 20 years ago. His M.O. has not changed. For the past 20 years I thought I'd been taken by the company "Bananza Bullion" who Mark J. claimed he worked for when I purchased the investment from him. When I no longer received statements I called Mark who said he was surprised but that he no longer worked for that company. Even when I heard he was a convicted felon in '92 it never registered with me that he had defrauded me until I read the most recent charges....same M.O.. I'm saddened when I read of multiple others who have lost millions because they had the misfortune to cross his path. If he is found guilty he should pay the price for the heart ache and pain caused.
Big Bad Bob

Manville, NJ

#2 Mar 9, 2007
Mark Jensen for BYU President
KZ Moore

United States

#5 Jun 4, 2007
He's a fraud.
Fraud victim

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Jun 12, 2007
any more info on this case?
Fraud victim

Lehi, UT

#9 Jun 13, 2007
Oral arguments are set for August 1! Let the show begin that we have all been waiting for.
fraud victim

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Jun 13, 2007
Is there a website we can keep posted?
Fraud victim

Lehi, UT

#13 Jun 19, 2007
fraud victim wrote:
Is there a website we can keep posted?
You can call the Attorney Generals office to find out schedule.
Fraud victim

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Jul 3, 2007
does anyone know time and date and what charges have stayed
Fraud victim

Orem, UT

#15 Jul 31, 2007
does anyone know if trail is going ahead
Former neighbor

Redwood City, CA

#16 Aug 16, 2007
Bought his house and compared notes with the previous seller. I thought he'd end up with a bullet in the back of his head before he went to jail again.
fraud victim

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Aug 16, 2007
Does anyone know the outcome of the trial
Fraud victim

Lehi, UT

#18 Sep 6, 2007
He appealed and won 1 of the 6 counts, barred by statute of limitations, the other 5 stand including the racketeering. October 22nd for the scheduling hearing.
edd

Santa Monica, CA

#19 Oct 23, 2007
any news on the trial?
bill

Salt Lake City, UT

#20 Dec 15, 2007
any trial news
Fraud Victim

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2008
The trial is scheduled for February 26 through February 29. Let's hope it sticks. He has defrauded enough millions to hire really slick attorneys. This guy is a financial predator that deserves to spend a lot of time in jail!! Let's hope he doesn't "OJ" himself out of this!!
bill

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Feb 14, 2008
is there a place we can go to follow the events
kzm

United States

#23 Feb 16, 2008
Bill --
It's called the courthouse. Why don't you go and keep us all informed? Trials are public.
S Harris

United States

#24 Mar 2, 2008
Is there any news on this case?
Neil R

United States

#25 Mar 8, 2008
There is a Jury Hearing scheduled for
May 27-May 30th 2008. It is being heard before Judge Reese of the Utah 3rd district court. Marc Jenson has 6 Felony accounts against him; 5 for securities fraus and 1 for Pattern of unlawful activity. Alleged defraud amounts are well over 30 million dollars with over 10 plantiffs for the upcoming lawsuit. Plantiffs include:Hansen, Bodell, Ebeling, White, Mike and Robert Anderson, and the list goes on and on.
Fraud victim

Lehi, UT

#26 May 2, 2008
His plea of abeyance was rejected yesterday by Judge Reese and trial set to start for May 27th. He thought he could buy his way out through his attorneys partners father (Senator: Orin Hatch).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holladay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) 7 hr cool dealzz 3
Trump 19 hr Paris 20
ancestry findagrave MICHELLE 46983123 Aug 19 KATRINA SMITH 3
Review: Pinky's (Apr '13) Aug 18 Greg 7
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 16 chance lo co 18
News Gary Johnson tries to qualify for Hofstra presi... Aug 14 OccupyThis 3
Vote for Hillary Aug 12 martin 3

Holladay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance