Spider Gates Haunted Places in Leicester Massachusetts

Feb 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Associated Content

Ghost Tales and Urban Legends Spider Gates: Is it a haunted place or a peaceful resting place? There is an old and small cemetery in Leicester, Massachusetts which has a reputation for being haunted . via Associated Content

Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LeC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Whats on my mind wrote:
I never knew Spider Gates was this famous....
Honestly! This was THE place in the 70's to be! Weird but true!
Shayna

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Has anyone had any problems with the police at night recently?? I want to go out in a few weeks but Im all set with being arrested.
fffeliciaaa

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

im from brockton and would really like to visit spidergates! but i want an actual address of sompleace close so i can type it in my gps. any help would be great thanks!
Amy

Rutland, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Back in college, psychics Ed and Lorraine Warren gave a presentation at Worcester State during Halloween week. I went and was petrified by their photos, discussion and ultimately the recordings of an exorcism. Needless to say, i left early and scared out of my mind!
Anyway...I heard the next day, taht students took the couple to Spider Gates where Lorraine said that the place WAS a portal...and evil, EVIL...EVIL!
Kathryn

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

My sister and I went very recently went to Spider Gates...check out our story!
http://absurdadventurers.blogspot.com/2009/07...
spidergateshoax

Winthrop, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

I see hell wrote:
Dont let any fool you the gates are real, the stories are real.
i walked around that area about 50 times and there is nothing its all rumors. I went there by myself and nothin happened and i didnt see anything ...me nd 2 of my friends went there and had evps and thermal cameras and didnt see anything. I ddidnt even have a real bad vibe
worcestergirl

Quincy, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

it is called spider gates because the gates looked like web designs(duh) and its not the "going through the 8 gates", it is supposedly past the 8 walls in the cemetary. the walls are there. the gates are not.
worcestergirl

Quincy, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

HELLO!!!!! its Worcester, MA
amp

Madison, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

went there with some people at 1 am....kind of had that eary feeling but nothing happend..played around with the hanging tree nothing happend went to the haunted grave stone walked around a few times and did the head trick and still nothing happend...did get a weard feeling like i was being watched tho..thats about it
jaygirl

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

honestly as cool as the spider gates sound i got sumthing better for you guys to check out. ever heard of the seven gates of hell in carlisle? well not a lot have cuz no one likes to talk about it. it's a set of gates about a half mile apart from each other leading to a church cemetary. after passing each gate sumthing new happens, the first gate its pitch black and the lamps are all out. second gate its freezingg even durng the summer. thrida gate you all lose cell service. fourth gate you hear things wheteher its whispering or sumthing in the woods cuz its spooky how the trail is dead cener in the line of trees on both sides placed very close together and theyre all huge. fifth gate theres this small brock biulding almost like a storage for cemetary equipment and if you try and go behind it you cant. its just straight black you cant see a thing and you get the feeling of having sumone else back there with you. i didnt make it past that part but my friends kept going. apparently the half way through going past the sixth gate you kind of seeing things not like walking but passing across the trial near the seventh gate and thats when they turned back. im not going back for anything. freakiest night of my lifee. cat remember how to get thee its difficult to find cuz u have to park in the middle of now where and walk through the woods to find it and its just random how it shows up. try googling it tho.
GTB ma

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

I have been to spider gates several times. The gates look like spiders, hence the name. Never have I seen anything that would make me believe this is more then a cemetary. I have walked the surrounding area and found nothing but streams, ponds, fields, and woods. in college, my friends and I used to visit it on Halloween and surprise some of the new comers by providing entertainment for them. It is a nice quiet cemetary and needs to be left for futures to investigate for themselves. Enjoy your time there but do not forget someones relatives are laid to rest there and should be given respect.
Sam Leicester Ma

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

I have lived in the area my whole life. The cemetery is known as "Quaker Cemetary," those that are buried there were Quakers. Yes, it was a big party spot. The road that lead to the cemetary was maintained and open at both ends.
At Halloween pranksters would throw a dummy with a rope into the trees, and rumors would fly.. We drove down there to see if there was any truth to the rumors; we found none. Years later the road was closed off, and the partying days were over. With the road closed it definitely deterred people from visiting.
Yes, the original gates were stolen, but I've heard from locals that they are now stored in a private residence??? Can't verify that, but it would be comforting to know if it's true.
Never saw any evidence of hauntings, and it is a very peaceful spot. Currrently "The Friends of the Quakers," have posted a sign asking that you repect the cemetary while visiting....
Robbie5536

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

its not the hanging tree you should be walking around, its one the grave stones. the story was way before the hanging tree in the 80's

of course these are just all rumors. I lived around this grave yard all my life, and been there all times of the day & night..and the only creepy things I ever seen, was peoples looking for creepy things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Holden News Video

•••
•••

Holden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Holden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••