Proposal to regionalize 911 dispatch ...

Proposal to regionalize 911 dispatch centers to be studied - Se...

There are 3 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 30, 2009, titled Proposal to regionalize 911 dispatch centers to be studied - Se.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Creating regional 911 centers could improve emergency response services in Worcester County cities and towns, state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Citizen

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Good idea. I think 99% of the police do a great job. However, another improvement for police service would be for the state to create an 800 number direct to the AG for complaints against the other 1% of officers. Then the AG could forward the complaint to the chiefs of departments where the officer works, and by law give them 30-90 days to get back to the AG with either a status and or a final report (maximum 90 days). The state can make the complaint forms uniform and assist with the most serious complaints (i.e. criminal vs civil). This would encourage citizens to make their concerns about police service known, help screen out unfounded complaints, establish an empirical database, and create a record that local police departments cannot fudge or conceal from its citizens.
Called nine one one

Somerville, MA

#2 Nov 1, 2009
Citizen wrote:
Good idea. I think 99% of the police do a great job. However, another improvement for police service would be for the state to create an 800 number direct to the AG for complaints against the other 1% of officers. Then the AG could forward the complaint to the chiefs of departments where the officer works, and by law give them 30-90 days to get back to the AG with either a status and or a final report (maximum 90 days). The state can make the complaint forms uniform and assist with the most serious complaints (i.e. criminal vs civil). This would encourage citizens to make their concerns about police service known, help screen out unfounded complaints, establish an empirical database, and create a record that local police departments cannot fudge or conceal from its citizens.
I'm one a several people who have called 911 for services that WERE life threatening and no one was dispatched to my location which was given on sept 24,2009. I'm not the first, and will not be the last, UNTIL something is done or a LIFE IS LOST! Mayor Lisa Wong would not respond to this because she is involved as Mayor of our town and is responsible for it's safety. This is what she has choose NOT TO DO! I have filed a complaint two weeks ago and nobody wants to talk to me about situation. NOBODY!
This is why the Fitchburg Alliance for Public Safety Awareness has been established to address these very issues. Were not out to get no one. We want these public issues to be addressed and will be in the next up coming city Meetings. As a representative will be at every future meeting and or events that regard our cities safety.
resident

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Nov 1, 2009
civilian dispatch works good in leomimster..not in fitchburg the city leader would rather have less cops....remember they paid 300k to settle with the union...fitchburg goverment should follow the lead of leominster...could we regionalize mayors a city and the rest of city goverment with leominster

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fel-Tech HAMMER DIVISION (Aug '12) Wed irondealer1 8
Bridge Winner Dec 3 kcfl 1
sexless marriage advice (Jan '12) Dec 2 Da x 108
Poll Is my ex son in law off limits sexually? EX. (Feb '11) Dec 2 Da x 183
Shrewsbury st. (Sep '15) Nov 24 David Gray 9
Boulevard. Nov 20 David Gray 1
News Jogger's murder has others rethinking their rou... Nov 20 Mansbestfriend 3

Holden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holden Mortgages