Rutland rejects override for budget, Wachusett

May 15, 2012 Read more: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Voters soundly defeated a Proposition 2-1/2 override that would have covered portions of the town's municipal budget and Wachusett Regional School District assessment at the ballot box - leaving the town's leadership with few options beyond layoffs, building closings and darkening streetlights if the district's voters approve the WRSD budget at ... (more)

Read more
Concerned resident

Worcester, MA

#1 May 16, 2012
Holden needs to cut spending, and slim down. DPW could eliminate 4 people with no negative impact whatsoever. Also Fire dept. Could cut 3 people, and police 2 people. Would save the town approx $925K, with no impact to town service. I'm against employing people who don't work. Town needs to re-evaluate budgets. Turning off Street lights is not an option. Stats prove auto accidents increase in towns that cut street lights, and factors in to insurance rate increases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Gervais Plumbing & Heating Inc Sat Bdizzle333 3
Dan Kirouac - solo acoustic show live in Shrews... Apr 17 New England Music... 1
News Worcester Officer Arrested For Allegedly Assaul... Apr 13 reality is a crutch 1
Crackdown on dogs in Parks (i.e. Green Hill) Apr 11 Ryan 1
Dan Kirouac returns live to Rutland Apr 8 New England Music... 1
News $1M worth of pot seized in Lunenburg - Sentinel... (Nov '10) Apr 7 Dude 106
News 3 say Pittsfield mayor misled council (Aug '12) Apr 7 Praxis33 77
More from around the web

Holden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]