Officials outline efforts to rid Mass...

Officials outline efforts to rid Mass. of pesky beetle

There are 3 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 2, 2010, titled Officials outline efforts to rid Mass. of pesky beetle. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Federal and state officials say a plan to use pesticides to help rid central Massachusetts of the invasive Asian longhorned beetle will begin April 19 and last until the end of June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Re-elect NObody

Williamstown, MA

#1 Mar 2, 2010
They need a quarantine on wood products (logs/lumber, firewood) from the infected area or the beetles will travel with the wood.

I guess "the experts" will not figure this out until it is too late
Prove me wrong

Latham, NY

#2 Mar 2, 2010
Any attempt at stopping the exportation of infested wood will be quickly overcome by payoffs to key individuals. Prove Me Wrong.
Samantha Robinson

Malvern, PA

#3 May 12, 2010
i actually spotted with my best friend when we were out for a cigarette break from our house...it was huge...it was also very hard to kill...stay away from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican Sossa-Paquette to challenge McGovern... Thu family guy reference 2
Dan Kirouac at the Canal Restaurant Sep 6 New England Music... 1
News Webster seeks probe of emails alleging police b... Sep 5 Not that crazy 2
News Fire damages three-decker on Bell Hill in Worce... Sep 5 Ettelracs427 1
The Negro OfAmerica Is THE TRUE DECENDANTS of H... (Apr '12) Aug 31 Tyrone 24
MTEL Tutoring (Feb '11) Aug 23 cab1781 8
Beatles tribute returns for free Holden Concert Jul '17 Northeast Music S... 1

Holden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holden Mortgages