holcomb churches
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Greenbrier, AR

#1 Apr 27, 2008
my wife & i interviewed at the holcomb schools. we noticed a baptist church, methodist church and a church of Christ in town.

if you attend one of them, please tell me about them.

thanx again
Benny

Kennett, MO

#2 Apr 27, 2008
I am from Ely Baptist. It is in Kennett, but right inside of Kennett. We have a great music program. I am the Minister of Music and Youth. We have a growing choir. We have 42 in there now. We offer free piano to the children of the church. There is a handchime choir for children and youth. There are lots of other activities at the church as well. We have a very active youth goup. The Church is very mission minded. We have three mission trips going on this summer. We would love to have you and your family come worship with us. I am a former band director. God called me into the full time ministry. So I answered. I am also a trumpet player. Maybe we can get together and play some!

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Apr 27, 2008
maybe a little amsden, or bozza, or charlier!!!!
what's your gear?
i use a schilke C, a bach sterling bell Bb, & and bach anniversary Bb.
got any holcomb kids you can tell me about?
Benny

Kennett, MO

#4 Apr 27, 2008
I studied under David Spencer at the University of Memphis. I have not played in a little while, but it would not take much to get going. I do sub at Holcomb. The kids are pretty good kids. You will have to work on the brass section. They only have 1 trumpet, 1 baritone, and 1 trombone. Lots of Alto saxes! They need someone to work them and make it fun.
I have a model 37 Strad. Bach 3C. I miss playing alot.

Huntington, TX

#5 Apr 28, 2008
any holcomb church members here that can give me info?
benny seems to really be from kennett.
thanx, benny.
Benny

Kennett, MO

#6 Apr 28, 2008
I do have several Holcomb kids in the youth group here. About 10 total. I am suprised no one else is answering.

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2008
so am i.
guess it pales compared to 'who's the hottest jh chick!'
:):)
The Open Door

New Harmony, IN

#8 Apr 28, 2008
The Open Door Church is a new church in Holcomb. We are currently located at the Holcomb Community Center on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. We are in the process of buying property. Hope you get a chance to visit us!

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Apr 29, 2008
thanx.
Benny

Kennett, MO

#10 Apr 29, 2008
Trumpet, I hope your interview went well. I heard some rumors that there may not be a band next year. I can not imagine what school would have been like with out it! Good luck to you and your wife!
trumpet

Rainbow, TX

#11 Apr 29, 2008
they have been mysteriously quiet.
trumpet

Rainbow, TX

#12 Apr 29, 2008
how recent is the rumor?
looking

Independence, KS

#14 May 8, 2008
very recent my son came home and told me this a few days ago! after i bought the instrument now they tell me this!all that crap about the man who teaches now it's not true at all. holcomb kids are just disrespectful as heck toward him!

Greenbrier, AR

#15 May 8, 2008
things will soon improve.
sure

Fredericktown, MO

#16 May 14, 2008
The Open Door wrote:
The Open Door Church is a new church in Holcomb. We are currently located at the Holcomb Community Center on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. We are in the process of buying property. Hope you get a chance to visit us!
tell us what kind of church this is please?
care

United States

#17 May 22, 2008
The Open Door Church is made up of individuals who split from a church just out of Holcomb. I heard they weren't happy with the way it was being run. Just can't figure that out.....they were the people running it.
Follow Me

United States

#18 May 27, 2008
I attend a non-denominational church in Malden...SEMO Community Church. Our catch phrase is..."Follow Me to SEMO C.C."

We meet at the Malden Community Center every Sunday. 9:15--Coffee Shop (drink coffee, eat breakfast, worship), 9:30--Bible Study Class (from newborn to ???), 10:30--Song and Worship,
10:45--Church starts (Children church also).

We have a large number of children in our children's church (20-30 averaage). We have a drama team, "R.O.C.K. Warriors", that performs for us and other churches, we participate in youth ralley monthly. Our children's church is led by a few energetic people who know that the future of church begins with our kids.

Our preacher is originally from Malden, moved off and came back. Preaches very well. We would love to have anyone and everyone visit our church and try us out. Our dress is comfortable--we are all open hearted people, you will just have to come to see.
holcomb mo

Clarkton, MO

#19 May 31, 2008
We have started a new ministry in Holcomb at the Holcomb Community Center downtown across from Strawberry's. THE OPEN DOOR CHURCH - Sundays at 10:00. Our pastor is Denver Jackson and wife Mindy and three children. She will be teaching at Holcomb this next year.
We are General Baptist and welcome anyone to worship with us. We feel that Jesus was contemporary for His time in dress and culture and we want to reach people right were they are in life. We want to not just go to church on Sundays but be the church as the Bible has commanded. In teaching the truth about repentance and discipleship--to make a difference in our community,for future generations and for eternity.

--Showing the Way
--Teaching the Truth
--Experiencing the Life in Christ

THIS INVITATION EXTENDS TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS11
trumpet

Greenbrier, AR

#20 Jun 1, 2008
'contemporary for His time in dress and culture'

so what do you do differently than other holcomb churches? i figured everyone in the area wore mostly the same clothes and were from the same general culture.
my family is moving to the area. we'll probably visit your church.
does

Independence, KS

#21 Jun 1, 2008
mrs. patsy weaver attend your church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holcomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sherriff raymond scott (Jul '07) 39 min George Jordan 125
That One Girl 55 min Zorro 1
"The clink" on facebook 1 hr haha 8
Missing German Shepherd 2 hr guest 2
Dollar General Store 3 hr shopdstore 28
Deadbeat dads 3 hr Sick of it 1
What did Brittany Hill do? 5 hr Logic 4
More from around the web

Holcomb People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE