Carnival cruise ship abuzz over passe...

Carnival cruise ship abuzz over passenger, 70, who killed robbe...

There are 58 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 25, 2007, titled Carnival cruise ship abuzz over passenger, 70, who killed robbe.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

By the time an eight-day cruise returned to Port Everglades on Sunday, the tale of one passenger had grown to nearly mythical proportions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jon

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Feb 25, 2007
the best story ever
dave

Miramar Beach, FL

#2 Feb 25, 2007
power percieved is power achieved
Waste of time

Hallandale, FL

#3 Feb 26, 2007
Why do they keep reprinting this story?
archie bunker

Leesburg, FL

#4 Feb 26, 2007
USA , USA , USA !!!!! Re enlist this man.
Debra in Weston

Hollywood, FL

#5 Feb 26, 2007
Way to go! I give this man a medal!
KAP

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Feb 26, 2007
Waste of time wrote:
Because it's a GREAT story
Boo

Cape Coral, FL

#7 Feb 26, 2007
""The attack in Costa Rica prompted Carnival to replace the port call in Limon with a stop in Roatan, Honduras, according to Aly Bello, a Carnival representative.""

The next story The Sun-Sentinel will run will be about the poor ILLEGALS from Costa Rica who lost their jobs because eevil Carnival quit using their port because of saftey issues.

Round and around she goes.
Gulliver Travels

AOL

#8 Feb 26, 2007
Carnival has dropped Limon, CA, as a stop because of ONE attack on tourists from their ship. And this comes from an American company based in Miami, FL!! One can only guess at how many tourists enroute to or from one of their cruise ships in Miami have been accosted, mugged, etc. To follow the logic they have applied in Costa Rica, I assume they'll be packing and leaving Miami as a port of call TODAY!!! Cudos to the passenger who defended his group, but to abandon Limon is grandstanding. I've visited and travelled extensively in that country and feel less threatened there than anywhere in Miami!
DRS

Hollywood, FL

#9 Feb 26, 2007
Thats Nice,KILLING ON SHIPS..REAL NICE CRUISE LINES.........
Ivory

United States

#10 Feb 26, 2007
'Bout time one of these thugs got what he had coming!!! You can't rely on the court's to do it!!
Flat Broke

Lafayette, LA

#11 Feb 26, 2007
Thank G-D there are still men like that around. No 911 to call. Even here in the States when do you call 911 after you have been a victim.
Sheep have to learn how to protect them selves.
Clear Vision

AOL

#12 Feb 26, 2007
If that had happened on our border, Bush and Attorney General Gonzales would have jailed the American and let the thugs go free ... just like the border case out west.
Deno

Fellsmere, FL

#13 Feb 26, 2007
There was no killing on the ship DRS - it was in port. Yeah its obviously Carnival's fault 3 locals tried to rob tourists...

Get real.
Tommy Vercetti

Cape Coral, FL

#14 Feb 26, 2007
Limon has been considered dangerous for many of us third world travelers for a while now (like 20 years)

It's known for drug dealing, crime and prostitution...San Jose is not much better.....the Pacific side of CR is much nicer...

Come to think of it, I'm overdue for a vacation
Jill

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2007
Waste of time wrote:
Was the thug your brother?
Pedro

New Milford, CT

#16 Feb 26, 2007
What a travel brochure: get robbed in Costa Rica, and be told to stay on the boat when it docks in Panama. Oh, yeah, I want to give Carnival my vacation money. Pick some safe places to land.
Cannot Read

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 26, 2007
Hmm, where does it say the killing was ON the ship, genius? I guess the cruise lines can control countries they sail to now. Wow.
DRS wrote:
Thats Nice,KILLING ON SHIPS..REAL NICE CRUISE LINES.........
HOWIE S

Memphis, TN

#18 Feb 26, 2007
KAP wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a GREAT story
3 cheers!
HOWIE S

Memphis, TN

#19 Feb 26, 2007
Pedro wrote:
What a travel brochure: get robbed in Costa Rica, and be told to stay on the boat when it docks in Panama. Oh, yeah, I want to give Carnival my vacation money. Pick some safe places to land.
yeah right blame Carnival... idiots abound
Debra

New Orleans, LA

#23 Feb 26, 2007
Gulliver Travels wrote:
Carnival has dropped Limon, CA, as a stop because of ONE attack on tourists from their ship. And this comes from an American company based in Miami, FL!! One can only guess at how many tourists enroute to or from one of their cruise ships in Miami have been accosted, mugged, etc. To follow the logic they have applied in Costa Rica, I assume they'll be packing and leaving Miami as a port of call TODAY!!! Cudos to the passenger who defended his group, but to abandon Limon is grandstanding. I've visited and travelled extensively in that country and feel less threatened there than anywhere in Miami!
Perhaps, this isn't the ONLY attack, just the most "newsworthy". Cruise lines don't report most of what happens to their passengers on board or otherwise. It probably is a more dangerous place than you realize.
You are right that Miami is a dangerous place. You're probably more likely to get shot there than in these other countries, but they are expendable unlike Miami, sorry to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 5 hr Crabs 81
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... 13 hr tyrant of islip 5
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) 13 hr boycott 23
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) 18 hr Watchman 208
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Aug 20 Rick the custodian 17
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Aug 18 Brian_G 121,874
News Landlord accused of spying on teen tenant (Nov '09) Aug 18 DylanForegger 3

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages