Testimony in death of Holbrook teen

Testimony in death of Holbrook teen

There are 37 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Testimony in death of Holbrook teen. In it, Newsday reports that:

A prosecution witness testified Thursday that he saw murder defendant Brian Rivera fire the shot that killed 18-year-old Holbrook resident Thomas Herzberg during a car chase in October.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
scam

AOL

#21 Jan 21, 2009
Laura wrote:
i knew brian when he was a little boy. his family lived a few blocks from us. His Mom was a addicted person, but sought help. her addiction came from presciption drugs for a injury. She was left with all four children after her husband decided to leave, with his girlfriend. Both parents were police officers, until hismom got hurt and dad left without any looking back. they had a nice home in lake ronkonkoma... the american dream. then they were these four kids without now any parents... mom feeling sorry for herself.... dad, well... gone! he belonged to the same cubscout troop my son was in, yes,his mom did try. but gave up when dad left. did i tell you brian must have been 6 when dad left! well, something went wrong after that. brian was in my home on a few occasions. I feel when dad left and forgot he had a family, he signed his sons faith, and the young boy that was killed. i am sorry for the young man that was killed and i AM SO SORRY FOR BRIAN. THE YOUNG LITTLE BOY I KNEW, GREW INTO SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW. we need to take care of our children and be there for them. who will teach them right from wrong? this is what can happen!!!
PBA CARDS and Children of Police Officers.Let them drive 100 mph down the lIE,they get no tickets.Let them get caught with illegal substances ,no charges.Let them drive drunk,no arrests.Until they shoot somebody and you can no longer cover for them anymore.He is a prime example of offspring sowing their oats.Unlike the responsable public.
Dan of farmingville

Elizabeth, NJ

#22 Jul 28, 2009
Susan Bethpage wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have your facts straight and sound like an ignorant loser.
how bout this all of you losers need to get your facts straight and stop trashin on people that made a mistake if it were your kid would u say he was trash? no you wouldnt you would defend him until the end i am a close freind of brians and the spite what the news says he wasnt a killer russels admited to fireing the shots and it got thrown out on a thecnacality brook also known as brian to the ass end of all of this over one simple little fact.. so maybe all you fuckin hater should get your shit straight cuz your the ones that deserve to rot in prison anyway ill continue to visit my freind untill the day he gets out after being wrongfully accused of murder im not sayen he was right but the sentence was redicoulus especially because the da couldnt do his job and investigate...
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#23 Jul 30, 2009
Dan of farmingville wrote:
<quoted text> how bout this all of you losers need to get your facts straight and stop trashin on people that made a mistake if it were your kid would u say he was trash? no you wouldnt you would defend him until the end i am a close freind of brians and the spite what the news says he wasnt a killer russels admited to fireing the shots and it got thrown out on a thecnacality brook also known as brian to the ass end of all of this over one simple little fact.. so maybe all you fuckin hater should get your shit straight cuz your the ones that deserve to rot in prison anyway ill continue to visit my freind untill the day he gets out after being wrongfully accused of murder im not sayen he was right but the sentence was redicoulus especially because the da couldnt do his job and investigate...
His "mistake" led to the death of a young man. I hope he gets pounded in the rear so much in prison, his O ring falls out.
ashley

Manchester, CT

#24 Jul 30, 2009
first of all not everyone knows the whole story we just see whats being reported... im sure they obviously live a dark life... they just dont care. this world is a shit hole anyways. they will pay for what they have done and they'll always remember what they did
Dan of farmingville

Elizabeth, NJ

#25 Jul 31, 2009
I am not in anyone say what he did wasn't wrong just saying that if you knew him and and the rest of the idots like i do you would see what im sayen i was close freind with all of the idots i am sorry that brian made a mistake but just remember that technicality russels lawyer was not present so the truth got thrown out your all coming down on brian for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and if you only knew the true story you would see that russel should have been the one with brooks sentence why is it they had no gsr in evidence because brook "brian" not shot the gun... to everyone except the few and you know who you are in this discussion specificly ,,, "get your facts straight and then comment"
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#26 Jul 31, 2009
I am not in anyone say what he did wasn't wrong just saying that if you knew him and and the rest of the idots like i do you would see what im sayen i was close freind with all of the idots i am sorry that brian made a mistake but just remember that technicality russels lawyer was not present so the truth got thrown out your all coming down on brian for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and if you only knew the true story you would see that russel should have been the one with brooks sentence why is it they had no gsr in evidence because brook "brian" not shot the gun... to everyone except the few and you know who you are in this discussion specificly ,,, "get your facts straight and then comment"
Wasn't Brian driving the car? If he was the driver, does that not mean he had the power of where he was going? It certainly sounds like he chose to be where he is.
dan of farmingviller

United States

#27 Jul 31, 2009
what is written above me is a perfect example of people dont know the facts he wasnt driveing a kid named rob who was basically in the shadows cuz he testifed agaonst all of them for a reduced sentence of 2 yr and he just went in jun30/09 anywau brian was in the wrong car at the wrong time and hes going to pay for that just have your facts straight if your gunna voice your opion about this case...
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#28 Aug 2, 2009
dan of farmingviller wrote:
what is written above me is a perfect example of people dont know the facts he wasnt driveing a kid named rob who was basically in the shadows cuz he testifed agaonst all of them for a reduced sentence of 2 yr and he just went in jun30/09 anywau brian was in the wrong car at the wrong time and hes going to pay for that just have your facts straight if your gunna voice your opion about this case...
Oh well, doesn't matter. He consorted with violent criminals and guess what? He gets punished as one. His parents should be proud.
Dan of farmingville

Elizabeth, NJ

#29 Aug 2, 2009
see that was a great comment it had the great advantage of being true.. anyway he's defiantly an idiot and is paying for his stupid move as we speak..
InkedAndPierced wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, doesn't matter. He consorted with violent criminals and guess what? He gets punished as one. His parents should be proud.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#30 Aug 3, 2009
Didn't do well in English, did you?
Dan of farmingville

Elizabeth, NJ

#31 Aug 3, 2009
lol funny but and no i didnt thankyou
Slappy Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't do well in English, did you?
yeaa

Madison, NJ

#32 Aug 12, 2009
FACE IT. They are all responsible! They should all rot in prison in my opinion. Their actions, collectively, led to the death of a young man. Killing someone is not a small, forgivable mistake. It's not 'kids being stupid'. Even if you didn't pull the trigger, if you were in the car with someone who was and you WEREN'T trying to stop them, I think you should be just as responsible as the person who sent the bullet out.
Bunch of complete morons wanting to be hard asses, now they can pay the price. Our society is better off without any of them in it.
Dan of farmingville

Elizabeth, NJ

#33 Aug 13, 2009
Def agree with that unfortunately its true
yeaa wrote:
FACE IT. They are all responsible! They should all rot in prison in my opinion. Their actions, collectively, led to the death of a young man. Killing someone is not a small, forgivable mistake. It's not 'kids being stupid'. Even if you didn't pull the trigger, if you were in the car with someone who was and you WEREN'T trying to stop them, I think you should be just as responsible as the person who sent the bullet out.
Bunch of complete morons wanting to be hard asses, now they can pay the price. Our society is better off without any of them in it.
jhs24

Riverview, MI

#34 Feb 3, 2010
"SAD WORLD"
Thank you so much for your comment. Im a close Friend of Timmys, Tommys brother and i cant stand the things people say on her. If Donna or Timmy ever read some of this i think they would be a mess. Sometimes sites like this need to be deleted.
oaklandathletics guy

Purchase, NY

#35 Oct 9, 2010
Susan Bethpage wrote:
Brian rivera was not convicted of felony murder moron! He is charged with it because he happened to be with the real murderer when the incident happened... he could have been sleeping in the car when this happened and still have been charged with murder 2, LOOK IT UP... He has every right as an American to take this to trial considering that there are reasonable doubts that will be shown in court.
You are getting your fabricated facts from newsday like eveybody else
are you seriously being an apologist for brian rivera? the fact that he would even be present during this and not try to stop it makes him worthy of at least a handful years in prison.

"i'm susan from bethpage and i think murder is totally wicked awesome. yeah, murder!! i also like when crippled people fall down stairs and puppies are kicked." - susan from bethpage.
Katie

Dumont, NJ

#37 Feb 27, 2014
I used to date Brian's brother at the time, so I know a lot more then all of you... So why don't you all shut the up you all keep talking about him what about all the other people that were there? Yeah what they did was wrong... Move on its been years!!
Harry Ballsonya

Lowell, MA

#38 Apr 17, 2014
They are in sing sing and Attica they got theirs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Update: Heartland has passed, construction to b... 18 hr Wolkoff Homerun 51
News New $64M project to start in Sayville 18 hr Heartland Slumland 4
Ralphs Fishing Station (Sep '17) Sun Capt Frank 55
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) May 18 anonymous 17
For biological parents who relinquished children. (May '17) May 17 joan 4
News Sayville food pantry waiting on Islip Town to m... May 16 JosHgotbands 83
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) May 16 Ronsky 138

Holbrook Jobs

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages