Review: Edp Dental Plan

Review: Edp Dental Plan

Posted in the Holbrook Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MelBGirl49

Deer Park, NY

#1 Jan 11, 2010
I had this plan for 2 years in NY then moved to NC. Does it cover NC?
EastD

Hicksville, NY

#2 Jan 20, 2010
MelBGirl49 wrote:
I had this plan for 2 years in NY then moved to NC. Does it cover NC?
Hello.. I can't answer your question..but am wondering if you can help me out? I am thinking of getting this plan (need large amount of dental work..not covered by insurance)..does it work? are there any problems (catches) with the plan? thank you so much.
cecilgrass

Norristown, PA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
There really aren't any catches with a discount dental plan. I've been using one I found at http://www.dentalcall.com and they actually work as advertised. If they say you save 50-60 percent of the cost, they mean it and it's totally worth it.
Betty T

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Oct 25, 2010
cecilgrass wrote:
There really aren't any catches with a discount dental plan. I've been using one I found at http://www.dentalcall.com and they actually work as advertised. If they say you save 50-60 percent of the cost, they mean it and it's totally worth it.
I had it a few years back when my husbands job got rid of their dental plan and it worked out good. I got my sons braces and some minor work from a dentist on their list and it gave the discount right away. The only thing was that except for the braces all the work my huband and I got we had to pay right away instead of a payment plan that my old dentist used to do for us, but I would rather pay half the amount right away than the full amount in a few months. It was well worth it for us.
Carley

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2011
My brother recommended EDP Dental Plan to me last month. I just used it for the first time yesterday and got a cleaning and check-up from my regular dentist that I have used for the last 15 years, the cleaning came to $29. I always paid $90 for the cleaning before and the check-up was $9, not sure what I normally paid for that(but so far so good).
I am now looking for an Orthodontist on the plan for my son. I live in Deer Park and there are several Orthodontist in the area. I would appreciate if anyone has any experience with Scott Freidman of Island Orthodontics, Joseph Vitagliano of American Orthodontics or any others in the area that are really good. Thanks!!
Mike

Bronx, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2011
Maybe EDP is good for check ups and cleaning but i need to get my wisdom tooth pulled and thats the only reason i signed up for EDP and i called every dentist on their list and the most coverage i found was 25% and with that it still cost 3 to 400 dollars which is ridiculous. so in my view EDP sucks and i want my money back!
Darla

Islip, NY

#7 Aug 6, 2011
Carley wrote:
My brother recommended EDP Dental Plan to me last month. I just used it for the first time yesterday and got a cleaning and check-up from my regular dentist that I have used for the last 15 years, the cleaning came to $29. I always paid $90 for the cleaning before and the check-up was $9, not sure what I normally paid for that(but so far so good).
I am now looking for an Orthodontist on the plan for my son. I live in Deer Park and there are several Orthodontist in the area. I would appreciate if anyone has any experience with Scott Freidman of Island Orthodontics, Joseph Vitagliano of American Orthodontics or any others in the area that are really good. Thanks!!
Dr. Vitagliano is great!! I have been using him for my daughters braces and my son will be following soon. His office staff is also amazing. It has been a great experience.
Dee

Commack, NY

#8 Aug 13, 2011
Dr. Joe is the best! My sister used him for both of her children and their teeth look great. My son goes there now. I highly recommend Dr. Joe!
Carley wrote:
My brother recommended EDP Dental Plan to me last month. I just used it for the first time yesterday and got a cleaning and check-up from my regular dentist that I have used for the last 15 years, the cleaning came to $29. I always paid $90 for the cleaning before and the check-up was $9, not sure what I normally paid for that(but so far so good).
I am now looking for an Orthodontist on the plan for my son. I live in Deer Park and there are several Orthodontist in the area. I would appreciate if anyone has any experience with Scott Freidman of Island Orthodontics, Joseph Vitagliano of American Orthodontics or any others in the area that are really good. Thanks!!
Dee

Commack, NY

#9 Aug 13, 2011
Their list of fees clearly state 25% off anything not on the list and for specialists. Call any dentist who doesn't belong to EDP and see what their fees are. By the way, you can get your money back if you're not satisfied. EDP only sucks if you don't regularly go to the dentist. Each of my family goes every 6 months and we save tons off of what I used to pay.
Mike wrote:
Maybe EDP is good for check ups and cleaning but i need to get my wisdom tooth pulled and thats the only reason i signed up for EDP and i called every dentist on their list and the most coverage i found was 25% and with that it still cost 3 to 400 dollars which is ridiculous. so in my view EDP sucks and i want my money back!
Diana

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2011
Just lost my husbands company dental plan. I called my regular dentist and he participates on the plan which is good but I need to see a Periodontist. Anyone know of a good Periodontist on the plan in the western Suffolk area that treats gum disease?
Marilyn K

Wading River, NY

#11 Nov 5, 2011
Diana wrote:
Just lost my husbands company dental plan. I called my regular dentist and he participates on the plan which is good but I need to see a Periodontist. Anyone know of a good Periodontist on the plan in the western Suffolk area that treats gum disease?
Diana- I have been using Dr. Richie Smook in Hicksville. He is a very pleasant man and does good work, although you said Western Suffolk and he is in Eastern Nassau County. I found him from a video on the Edp dental website. I only joined a few weeks ago and I liked Dr. Smook and it also was nice to save some money as well. I would recommend this Edp plan to anyone.
Jay J

Bronx, NY

#12 Nov 5, 2011
I also have the EDP plan. I found a DDS in Deer Park that I just adore. I was a little worried about seeing a DDS without a recommendation prior to going. I wish I had found her years ago! I loved having a woman dentist, she had a very light hand & I actually left there with no pain & so very pleased. The EDP plan is a blessing. Oh by the way...her name is Dr. Sherese Leonard!!!
JayJ

Bronx, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2011
I also have the EDP plan. I found a DDS in Deer Park that I just adore. I was a little worried about seeing a DDS without a recommendation prior to going. I wish I had found her years ago! I loved having a woman dentist, she had a very light hand & I actually left there with no pain & so very pleased. The EDP plan is a blessing. Oh by the way...her name is Dr. Sherese Leonard!!!
Marie

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Nov 28, 2011
Hi, I am wondering what the costs for Ortho are with EDP. My family doesn't get dental insurance and I am afraid of the high costs associated with braces, but I know my kids will need them. Appreciate anything you can share.
Carley wrote:
My brother recommended EDP Dental Plan to me last month. I just used it for the first time yesterday and got a cleaning and check-up from my regular dentist that I have used for the last 15 years, the cleaning came to $29. I always paid $90 for the cleaning before and the check-up was $9, not sure what I normally paid for that(but so far so good).
I am now looking for an Orthodontist on the plan for my son. I live in Deer Park and there are several Orthodontist in the area. I would appreciate if anyone has any experience with Scott Freidman of Island Orthodontics, Joseph Vitagliano of American Orthodontics or any others in the area that are really good. Thanks!!
diane

Huntington, NY

#15 Feb 17, 2012
Mike wrote:
Maybe EDP is good for check ups and cleaning but i need to get my wisdom tooth pulled and thats the only reason i signed up for EDP and i called every dentist on their list and the most coverage i found was 25% and with that it still cost 3 to 400 dollars which is ridiculous. so in my view EDP sucks and i want my money back!


It's too bad you didn't notice the EDP fee structure first, it states the percentage off for oral surgury, orthodontics etc.
Maria

Hampton Bays, NY

#16 Feb 17, 2012
Terrible business practice. It has been over a year waiting for a refund. Gave us bunch of run arounds. Cancelled within 1 week. Better to get a plan from your own dentist.
Barry

Old Bridge, NJ

#17 May 17, 2012
Mike wrote:
Maybe EDP is good for check ups and cleaning but i need to get my wisdom tooth pulled and thats the only reason i signed up for EDP and i called every dentist on their list and the most coverage i found was 25% and with that it still cost 3 to 400 dollars which is ridiculous. so in my view EDP sucks and i want my money back!
Dr Schwartz in dp is the best on the island
Jackie

New York, NY

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Marie wrote:
Hi, I am wondering what the costs for Ortho are with EDP. My family doesn't get dental insurance and I am afraid of the high costs associated with braces, but I know my kids will need them. Appreciate anything you can share.
<quoted text>
Marie-- I just joined EDP because its the only plan our orthodontist takes. 25% off will save us a lot of money on braces. His name is Dr. Christian Miller on Manetto Hill Rd. in Plainview. He is in the same wonderful office as our pediatric dentist.
Marie

Fresh Meadows, NY

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Is there a list of dentist that accept this plan that I can look over before I join?
Eve

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Mar 22, 2013
I joined in November and it worked great with my general dentist on cleanings and stuff. Now I need to find a good Orthodontist on the plan, does anyone know a really good and nice one in the Smithtown area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Jul 27 Donewithdumb 29
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Jul 26 wow 121,881
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Jul 25 shame on you 2
Hookups in sayville Jul 22 sayville16 1
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) Jul 20 dancer 14
News Islip, citing finances, moves on $10M in bonds ... Jul 18 rabid tabby 7
News Historic farmhouse in E. Islip to be razed (May '12) Apr '16 dorcas 5

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages