Comments
21 - 40 of 44 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 10
Beau Nerr

Glasgow, KY

#21 Oct 17, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text> that's a little racist don't u think.
I guess you'd think that it's "racist" that there's not a De Beers Jewelers in Wyandanch; or a Fred's Of Hollywood in Gordon Heights?

Yes...that must be it- they just don't like minorities!

Why don't you show 'em, and open a luxury-based business in the 'hood?
Anon

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Oct 18, 2012
I heard it was a done deal and supposed to be a Best Yet, sorry to dissapoint
Andrew

West Islip, NY

#23 Oct 21, 2012
King Kullen is taking over the old waldbaums they're doing work there now at least I don't have to go to stop n shop anymore

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#24 Oct 24, 2012
Stew Leonards.
stargazer80

Sayville, NY

#25 Oct 28, 2012
i hear best yet is in the works.
Georgey

Myrtle Beach, SC

#26 May 30, 2013
Official word from the Town of Islip, Rockbottom is opening in the old Waldbaums location in East Islip. They are coming back after many years of being closed. Not sure how I feel about this.
Joe

Bay Shore, NY

#27 Jul 1, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text> that's a little racist don't u think.
It's the truth. East islip has a much different clientele than central islip.
Duefrein

New York, NY

#28 Jul 9, 2013
Not best yet that's not a Union store! My nephew worked there and they treated everyone like crap and they had zero benefits and hardly any raises !! Stop and shop is a better way to go!
bernie

Sayville, NY

#29 Aug 17, 2013
The last I heard that a paint store is going in. We don't need a paint store we need a decent food market KingKullen from Bay Shore fell thru. Is any body starting a letter writing campaign. Staring with the Town because we should have a say in what's happening to our community
Ron

Myrtle Beach, SC

#30 Sep 21, 2013
Word from the town is they are going to open a Cheap Johns in the old Waldbaums.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#31 Sep 26, 2013
Ron wrote:
Word from the town is they are going to open a Cheap Johns in the old Waldbaums.
No. Just approved by the Town of Islip is it will be razed and low income housing will be built in 2015.A perfect fit for a Main Street that already is being overrun by welfare scum down by St Mary Church. Once that chicken shack and laundromat opened any fool knew the shaded savages wouldn't be too far behind.
SWANSEA57

Islip, NY

#32 Oct 25, 2013
Best Yet would be fine,But, we sure need something!!!
tone p

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Nov 7, 2013
I hate to bust your Woolworths bubble (they went out of business in the 90s). But there are plans by the state to put a DMV there. There goes the traffic, you might as well be Central Islip now.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#34 Nov 9, 2013
Hello All...new here. I am happy to report a brand new market has signed on to the old Waldbaums in East Islip. I am sure it will be well into 2014 before it is opened, but I know the owner/operators.

They intend to build a gorgeous new market with an emphasis on prepared foods, huge deli and catering, great meats and a huge fresh produce dept. Also on tap is a large variety of organics, and a big "gluten free" section, along with your typical "conventional grocery" items.

I AM VERY EXCITED! WE NEED THIS IN OUR COMMUNITY DESPERATELY!
I will try and keep everyone updated as I get more information!
garyHewitt9

East Northport, NY

#35 Dec 29, 2013
IT IS CONFIRMED !!!! CoolLarry 87 is correct.!!! Thank GOD !!!
Ived lived in East Islip for 5 years now and i'm sick and tired of running to stop n shop (which in my opinion) isnt all that great , for everylittle thing i need over the last 2 years. Best Yet is a nightmare, unless you love a good maze. and i stay away from sunrise highway too. The operators of the new store will undoubtably bring new life into our beautiful community. I know they will succeed , cause i will be spreading the word through out the town. only Problem i have is being impatient and not having them open asap!!! But in the end.. Im sure the wait will be more than worth it!!!
Joe b

Bronx, NY

#37 Jan 18, 2014
They are putting a a & p at that location
East Islip Mom

Bay Shore, NY

#38 Feb 26, 2014
Any New News On The Old Waldbaums??? Doesn't Seem Any Work Has Been Done Or Coming Soon Sign...
Reggie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#40 Mar 27, 2014
It has been confirmed they are opening a Cheap Johns in the old Waldbaums in EI. The market plans fell through. I am not that happy about this, as it will bring property values down. Cheap Johns was a local store located around LI back in the day. I just can't believe this is happening.
Lip

New York, NY

#41 May 13, 2014
Agree!
The geez

Brooklyn, NY

#42 May 27, 2014
Does anybody have any word on the progress, or lack there of, of Pats marketplace opening in the old waldbaums location in East Islip? The windows are covered up, its hard to tell whats going on...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 26 min Lol 16,781
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min JUDEletePete 117,969
Public School 74 (Feb '14) 23 hr Jayar 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Slime Bags (May '12) Wed Busted 9
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) Aug 26 Billy Troel 6
Gay Friendly Sayville? Aug 26 Peter Cheeks 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Suffolk County was issued at August 29 at 11:50AM EDT

•••

Holbrook News Video

•••
•••

Holbrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000