Jim in Cali

Agoura Hills, CA

#22 Sep 24, 2008
Ray wrote:
The real place is amazing.. But, like Lisa says, the traffic would be insane. If you ever have been to All American Burger in Nassau on the south shore, that is how bad it would be. we would not be able to pass that intersection between 5 and 8.... i live a mile from there and i am nervous....
I hope Joe's burns in char broiled flames. I live in California and know the real In-n-Out. It is amazing.

Anyone who rips them off deserves to have their ground sirloin ripped from their sorry assed body.

I hate rip off artists!
Jim in Cali

Agoura Hills, CA

#23 Sep 24, 2008
By the way, my last name is Holbrook so I have credance in this forum!
Jim in Cali

Agoura Hills, CA

#24 Sep 24, 2008
Burger Boy wrote:
the best Los Angeles style burger
on the island is at Johnny Rockets at Roosevelt Field mall..
JR is actually based on the famed LA burger joint called The Apple Pan..I bought a very interesting DVD called "Burger Town" at www.burgertowndvd
which tells the story behind the
southern cal burger scene.
Beg to differ Burger Boy, but Apple Pan on Pico Blvd is a far cry from Johnny Rockets. Apple Pan is the real deal. Johnny Rockets is a semi-fast food joint. Sorry to disappoint.
curious

Schaumburg, IL

#25 Nov 3, 2008
(one comment about some of the posts- can't we keep this amicable?)

Does anyone know what's happening at this point? It looks like nothing has changed for the last few months except for part of the sign being removed.
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#26 Nov 5, 2008
I read in the local paper that its going to be called Joe's Home Run Burger and the town of islip is reviewing the details of the business and they hope it will be opened in the next few month....guess they didnt need to do that the first time huh??
Eddie

Ronkonkoma, NY

#27 Oct 8, 2009
They have been working on extending the parking lot, and it seems they have met all the towns needs, the sign is in the window that "Home Run Burger" will be opening soon... we have a 5guys burgers and fries that opened nearby recently and they are pretty darm good, hope that Home Run compares...
Eddie

Ronkonkoma, NY

#28 Oct 8, 2009
I am from Holbrook N.Y. NOT ottawa canada, not that theres anything wrong with that....
MR MTV

New York, NY

#29 Feb 20, 2010
who argues on a forum post??? im pumped for this burger place and im a holbrook resident its somthing different and beats the pants off mcdonalds and bk
Someone

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Feb 23, 2010
When is it opening?
MIKE HOLBROOK

Amityville, NY

#31 Mar 1, 2010
WHEN IS THIS PLACE OPENING
hahahaha

Springfield, PA

#32 Mar 8, 2010
yeah, these guys needed a cash business because they run a few coin companies where they steal from the elderly and send them counterfit coins that are over graded and ober-priced
BURGERMEISTER

Rockville Centre, NY

#33 Mar 30, 2010
Just had some home run products... not the best ive tasted, actually right now i think checkers tastes better. of course i will give them a chance to settle in and get in a groove but im not too optimistic
Homerun Burger

United States

#34 Mar 31, 2010
I had it last night and it was good. VERY cheap which will probably get alot of business.
Basic hamburgers, fries, onion rings, shakes, chicken nuggets, chicken patties, knishes, etc.
burger addict

Edison, NJ

#35 Mar 31, 2010
Went to Homerun Burger tonight. Not so great...Angus burgers were overcooked and dry, fries were frozen and bland, milkshake was the fake McDs kind but the onion rings were really good although frozen too. I think it was such a smart idea for In-n-out to have pursued this issue because it is NOTHING like the quality of In-N-Out.
Five Guys also blows it away!!!!! I mean the simple fact that Five Guys cuts their fresh potatoes for the french fries is a really big deal for a burger joint. We can get frozen crap on every corner from McDs, Wendy's, BK etc.
Also as far as cheap? We spent $35 for a family of four with a 9year old and a 2 year old. The kids got hotdogs even so I would classify that as cheap. Again Five guys is a better value.
It is a shame too since we live in Holbrook and were really anticipating this opening. We were hoping it would be on par with In-N-Out and it so wasn't very disappointing.
Homerun Burger

United States

#36 Apr 1, 2010
Wow. We only spent $14 on 4 people. Only one person got a drink though.
David

Flushing, NY

#37 Apr 4, 2010
All you people who complain about the burger joint make me sick here's a guy trying to make it they made him buy the house behind the building for more parking and all you do is complain. Here's my advice lighten up times are tuff his menu has great prices get a life you old misrible assho*** I hope he stays in business for the next 100 years and the traffic is horrible. If you spent more time talking to your Kids instead of complaining holbrook would be a even better place. Btw handy pantry and dunkin donuts make me happy too !!!! But I keep my children off of main roads. And lisa who ever you are don't become a divorce statistic give your husband some head instead of writing on this forum you misrible cu*t live life I lived in holbrook for 35 years now so I'll be here for a while so if you don't like it kiss my as* and that's that
David

Union City, NJ

#38 Apr 4, 2010
And the so called burger addict try crack maybe you will die quiker you can't be for real give him a chance it's a burger place you J.o. in holbrook get a life and that's that
kayla

Suffern, NY

#39 Apr 4, 2010
Hi Home run burger finally opened, We went there with great hopes only to be disapointed.

Hamburgers are gray and flavorless
chili cheese fries are soggy.
Shakes are artifical tasting.
Knishes are the standard frozen kind then reheated.

Too bad it would have been nice to have tasty burger place nearby, however I'm not going back.
Kathie Adler

Spring Valley, NY

#40 Apr 4, 2010
My grandson vowed to continue only going to Wendy's, but loves this place. Every new restaurant has a learning curve. So instead of telling a blog, tell the owner. He wants to stay open for sure. This is the very first hamburger place where next day I got no headache, no reaction. Just feel good. I think the owner is trying hard to please and is open to any suggestions.
Mike Odonnell

King Of Prussia, PA

#41 Apr 9, 2010
I visited my grandson from out of town and visited this burger joint with him. Vey bad, food was bland and over cooked and the service was terrible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 118,315
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Joe Voter 6,473
Cops: East Patchogue man arrested in sex abuse ... 22 hr patchogue resident 1
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 6,391
what companies are hiring? Tue holbrook resident 2
Grenade swallowed by 66 year old, man alive (Mar '08) Sep 28 hoo doo you think... 10

Holbrook News Video

Holbrook Dating
Find my Match

Holbrook Jobs

Holbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Holbrook News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Holbrook

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]