In-N-Out Burger on Main street

Posted in the Holbrook Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 Jun 7, 2008
I went to an In-N-Out burger in California and it was REALLY crowded? Who thought it would be a good thing to have one on the corner of Main and Grundy? Isnt there enough traffic in that area? I would love to know where everyone is going to park....considering the parking lot holds about 8 cars!!

Bad Move is say!!!
csm

AOL

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Give the little guy a chance...beats a chain like Mcd's or BK!
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Jun 8, 2008
I dont mind giving someone a break but that corner is WAY too busy to have a burger joint on the corner....
csm

AOL

#4 Jun 12, 2008
I am more surprised that anyone thinks the place has enough parking. Speaking of BUSY corners...will we ever see arrows on Union/Main or Furrows/Main...these are very busy intersections!
Big Mac

Scottsburg, IN

#5 Jun 12, 2008
Is this a done deal?
If so, when can we expect the start of operations?
Jon

Riverhead, NY

#6 Jun 16, 2008
Notice the sign says Joe's In N Out Burger. Although I do love the original I highly doubt it is the California chain considering that chain is only in four states.

Even if it is just a knock off rather than random chain expansion the food will be great. But to have it on that corner is a TERRIBLE idea. Being a resident of Holbrook for 30 years now I would have never imagined traffic on Main St. Too bad 5 corners couldn't stick around.
alexa

AOL

#7 Jun 26, 2008
it's not the same place and there's already a lawsuit occuring from the real in n out burger.
Ray

United States

#8 Jun 27, 2008
The real place is amazing.. But, like Lisa says, the traffic would be insane. If you ever have been to All American Burger in Nassau on the south shore, that is how bad it would be. we would not be able to pass that intersection between 5 and 8.... i live a mile from there and i am nervous....
Dan Holbrook

Patchogue, NY

#9 Jun 28, 2008
I can't believe this guy did this..I saw it being renovated and used the same colors and look of the real in and out burger, only to slap his name on it with the in and out wording..in and out corporation could drag this guy on for months in court while he loses money on his investment. He has no choice but to change the colors, the name, and possilbly the decor inside...ugh I am surprised Town of Islip approved this..Brookhaven wouldn't have..
dee

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 7, 2008
I was almost fooled about this place. Does this guy think that by adding "Joes" to the name that he can get away with it. This place in the west coast is awsome. He's got to change the name because this is just another generic burger place. If you want the real thing, then you have to go to the west coast.
Lee from Cali

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jul 15, 2008
I die for In and Out burgers - my fave is the double double(for those who know). If this guy is intending to put his name and try to make it seem as if it's the original, then shame on him.
No burger joint compares to In&Out.

If this is in fact a fake and you want a L.A burger joint there is a FatBurger in Massapequa!!!
Holbrook resident

Elizabeth, NJ

#12 Jul 21, 2008
I miss Maybar
joe11741

Elizabeth, NJ

#13 Jul 22, 2008
drove by yesterday and noticed the words 'In and Out' are now removed... but red and white paint still there... maybe it would be easier for this guy to look into a franchise with the 'real' California In & Out ?
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#14 Jul 22, 2008
IN-N-OUT doesnt sell their franchises....and even if they were going to open up on the East coast....Holbrook would not be the place they would pick. LOL
Burger Boy

Wayne, NJ

#15 Jul 28, 2008
the best Los Angeles style burger
on the island is at Johnny Rockets at Roosevelt Field mall..
JR is actually based on the famed LA burger joint called The Apple Pan..I bought a very interesting DVD called "Burger Town" at www.burgertowndvd
which tells the story behind the
southern cal burger scene.
IGIVEUP

Patchogue, NY

#16 Aug 3, 2008
Guess Phil Nolan's belt size will go up a few notches (again)! Wasn't he the guy who said the Republicans drove Islip into the ground?? Now this mess!! Think it's time for Phil to go "IN AND OUT"!!!
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#17 Aug 4, 2008
IGIVEUP wrote:
Guess Phil Nolan's belt size will go up a few notches (again)! Wasn't he the guy who said the Republicans drove Islip into the ground?? Now this mess!! Think it's time for Phil to go "IN AND OUT"!!!
What exactly does this post have to do with the topic???
If you have a problem with Phil Nolan...or someone else...make your own post....
IGIVEUP

Patchogue, NY

#18 Aug 8, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly does this post have to do with the topic???
If you have a problem with Phil Nolan...or someone else...make your own post....
It has everything to do with the this post. are you kidding me?? This was the dream team that was suppose to return Islip to better days?? do you know what a nightmare this will cause, not to mention the safety concerns of our children and families that travel that road. SOMEONE HAD TO APPROVE THE APPLICATION STUPID!!! Apparently you don't live near this location. I suggest you get out of town and take your friend PHIL with you.
Lisa

Elizabeth, NJ

#19 Aug 8, 2008
IGIVEUP wrote:
<quoted text>
It has everything to do with the this post. are you kidding me?? This was the dream team that was suppose to return Islip to better days?? do you know what a nightmare this will cause, not to mention the safety concerns of our children and families that travel that road. SOMEONE HAD TO APPROVE THE APPLICATION STUPID!!! Apparently you don't live near this location. I suggest you get out of town and take your friend PHIL with you.
I guess you are the one that is STUPID since you didnt read the first post on this thread where I asked the same thing. SO maybe you should READ instead of calling others STUPID.
and for you information...I do live near the location...that is why I made this post...because I am upset....dope!
IGIVEUP

Patchogue, NY

#21 Aug 9, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are the one that is STUPID since you didnt read the first post on this thread where I asked the same thing. SO maybe you should READ instead of calling others STUPID.
and for you information...I do live near the location...that is why I made this post...because I am upset....dope!
I really can't believe you're that ignorant. It was your nasty post to me about "what's this have to do with this post" that started our little spat. Apparently you do not realize that the Town of Islip, with Supervisor Phil Nolan at the helm, approved the building permit that allowed this guy to build at that location. I was well aware of your first post and agreed with you. I was attempting to point out that our local politicians, once again, dogged us. If you live locally, then you will recall that Phil Nolan told us it was the Republicans that were destroying the town with inappropriate development. How much more "inappropriate" can you get with this project?? I rest my case....Thank You!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,670
Loud Farts On Pleasure Ave. (Jan '14) 6 hr Fartin Bill 2
Keahon is showman in the courtroom - (Sep '07) 14 hr KLOOP 29
Slime Bags (May '12) 17 hr Busted 12
Gay Friendly Sayville? Tue Gayville 3
Poll: Do You Support a St. James CVS? Tue dianenarr 1
Cops raid W. Islip bar, arrest owners, bartenders (Jan '08) Oct 20 tim21 239

Holbrook News Video

Holbrook Dating
Find my Match