Holbrook teen convicted of drug-relat...

Holbrook teen convicted of drug-related murder -

There are 151 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Holbrook teen convicted of drug-related murder -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Holbrook teen charged with shooting Thomas Herzberg to death during a car chase last October was convicted of murder by a Riverhead jury Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Stony Brook NY

Bridgewater, NJ

#1 Aug 3, 2007
Rivera faces a maximum sentence of 25 years to life in prison when he is sentenced by Suffolk County Court Judge C. Randall Hinrichs.
Too lenient - it should have been death!!!!
its a shame

Bay Shore, NY

#2 Aug 3, 2007
its a shame the boy is dead but at least that jerk got 25 to life.. i hope he serves teh rest of his miserable life in prison.. but hey its still not even fair because he still has his life
yep

Kearny, NJ

#3 Aug 3, 2007
hope this kid is beaten and raped in prison, gets AIDS or some other horrible disease, and dies a painful death.........
EastEndResident

Port Washington, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2007
I agree with all of the above posts. Let this be a lesson to more assinine kids who want to live like what they see on MTV, BET, and in the movies. Have fun behind the "G Wall" my homie.
joed

Holtsville, NY

#5 Aug 3, 2007
25 too little your lucky Jerkoff

“You get more bees with honey.”

Since: Dec 06

Holbrook, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2007
This now named murderer knows the law. You don't go killing people unless you are ready to die yourself. And this murderer should be dead before he even steps foot outside into the world again.
His sentence is unfair, but at least he didn't get a lesser sentence.
Good News

White Plains, NY

#8 Aug 3, 2007
Thank god the piece of junk was convicted. One less dangerous person this neighborhood has to worry about! I hope they work this punk over good. He deserves it.
YAA

White Plains, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2007
Stony Brook NY wrote:
Rivera faces a maximum sentence of 25 years to life in prison when he is sentenced by Suffolk County Court Judge C. Randall Hinrichs.
Too lenient - it should have been death!!!!
Should be, But to bad New York doesnt have the death penalty, and if NY did have the Death Penalty, he would only be eligable with 1st Degree Murder, and to be charged with first degree murder, by New York State Law, he would have needed to murder a police officer.
dirtbag hater

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Aug 3, 2007
Another waste of life off the steets. Too bad it's not longer. It would be better if the other dirtbags were going to rot away with him... fingers crossed.
What a horrible last few minuts of life he had, being chased and shot at. Poor kid.
Denis

Orlando, FL

#12 Aug 3, 2007
Look up Suffolk County White Trash in your local lingo, phrases & stereotypes' book, and there's a picture of all participants.
How the hell is this kid, an athlete no less, a hockey player involved in drugs?

Rivera's 19 year old fanny will belong to some 38 year old "gentleman" who is now in year 17 of a Life sentence; he'll show Mr. Rivera the finer points of romance.
TJTAW

Yonkers, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2007
YAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be, But to bad New York doesnt have the death penalty, and if NY did have the Death Penalty, he would only be eligable with 1st Degree Murder, and to be charged with first degree murder, by New York State Law, he would have needed to murder a police officer.
NY does have the death penalty it was reinstated a number of years ago and while killing a Police Officer is first degree murder it is not the only way to be given a death sentence. Any murder that occurs in the act of another felony is subject to the death penalty at the DA's discrection. An example is the parollee who murdered, raped and bound a woman he worked with at Sam's Club a few years ago, he was given death, so was a man who murdered & raped a jogger in Shirley. Along with a third one I don't recall, all are actually under appeal as some lawyers decided that LI was too free in using the death penalty sentence.
billy

Bronx, NY

#14 Aug 3, 2007
i buy my drugs online, saves me the hastle of being shot at. im sure we can all find a decent dealer online somewhere.myspace or something
Spanky

Lindenhurst, NY

#15 Aug 3, 2007
Only Dopes do Dope. See what happens when you mess with that garbage?
The Punisher

Farmingdale, NY

#16 Aug 3, 2007
Give this piece of slime the full 25 year term.

He should get the electric chair.

Sadly, bleeding heart pansy Liberals feel sorry for Mr Rivera,and are willing to use my tax money to feed and house this inhuman scum for next twenty five years.

Thanks pansies
Uncle Sam

Peekskill, NY

#17 Aug 3, 2007
An American wrote:
More long island trash including the one who was murdered!!!!!!
it's people like you who say things like this and call themselves Americans that should have been on the 96th floor of Tower One on 9/11/01 instead of the souls who were
NOPE

White Plains, NY

#18 Aug 3, 2007
TJTAW wrote:
<quoted text>
NY does have the death penalty it was reinstated a number of years ago and while killing a Police Officer is first degree murder it is not the only way to be given a death sentence. Any murder that occurs in the act of another felony is subject to the death penalty at the DA's discrection. An example is the parollee who murdered, raped and bound a woman he worked with at Sam's Club a few years ago, he was given death, so was a man who murdered & raped a jogger in Shirley. Along with a third one I don't recall, all are actually under appeal as some lawyers decided that LI was too free in using the death penalty sentence.
It was reinstated, then ruled unconstitutional, by the courts, so then it was taken away again. So no NY does not currently have the death penalty
bobt

Paterson, NJ

#19 Aug 3, 2007
No we don't. Not anymore Read on.

On June 24, 2004, the New York State Supreme Court, by a 4-3 ruling, ruled the state’s capital punishment statute unconstitutional. This decision appears to invalidate the sentences of all four men on New York’s Death Ro
TJTAW wrote:
<quoted text>
NY does have the death penalty it was reinstated a number of years ago and while killing a Police Officer is first degree murder it is not the only way to be given a death sentence. Any murder that occurs in the act of another felony is subject to the death penalty at the DA's discrection. An example is the parollee who murdered, raped and bound a woman he worked with at Sam's Club a few years ago, he was given death, so was a man who murdered & raped a jogger in Shirley. Along with a third one I don't recall, all are actually under appeal as some lawyers decided that LI was too free in using the death penalty sentence.
american

Union City, NJ

#20 Aug 3, 2007
none of these boys are angels this is what happens when you run with this type of crowd there all guilty if u want to play u must be willing to pay your life or time no winners here
Real American

Ashburn, VA

#21 Aug 3, 2007
american wrote:
none of these boys are angels this is what happens when you run with this type of crowd there all guilty if u want to play u must be willing to pay your life or time no winners here
Your failed way of delusional thinking shows your true character..
Gang or not

Paterson, NJ

#22 Aug 3, 2007
american wrote:
none of these boys are angels this is what happens when you run with this type of crowd there all guilty if u want to play u must be willing to pay your life or time no winners here
Did i just read you correct
What you just said means everyone that makes a mistake and a bad choice deserves to to be shot in the head ? the kid made a bad choice is all he did wrong the killersssss planned and waited like a cat in the night better hope you never make a mistake

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seafood, music draws thousands to Blue Claw Cra... 4 hr Whataloser 5
Review: TT Appliance & HVAC Repair 5 hr Tommy B 2
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) 5 hr Lucy 13
News Poll: Do You Support a St. James CVS? (Oct '14) 5 hr Marion Knott 3
As we can C Newark NJ Hells angels just cowar... (Apr '13) Sep 1 The Big Guy 7
News Sunrise Highway service road work to affect tra... Aug 28 Road Hog 1
News Special services cut at Medford private school - (Nov '07) Aug 28 Josappo4 70
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages