Bayport teen, 5 injured in Blue Poiint crash

Full story: Newsday 128
A Bayport teenager died and five other people were injured when a sport utility vehicle collided with a bus in Blue Point Monday, Suffolk police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ken

Centerport, NY

#1 May 21, 2007
sorry
Blue Point resident

AOL

#2 May 22, 2007
My heart goes out to the Vatalaro family and I hope that the county decides to finally put a traffic light at this extremely dangerous blind corner. I have lived in Blue Point for over 40 years and know NEVER to try to exit Altlantic Avenue to Montauk Highway in the middle of the day.
Mom of four

Bronx, NY

#3 May 22, 2007
Sorry for your loss.
Bayport Family

Holbrook, NY

#4 May 22, 2007
Oh what does one say upon hearing about such a tragedy...except that our hearts are with the Vatalaro family. Their daughter Jenna was a lovely young woman and I will never drive past their home and NOT say a prayer for them.
Jeffrey

Loxahatchee, FL

#5 May 22, 2007
Amazing. They get the top-of-the-line vehicles, but their driving skills are still not worth shit, and they get themselves killed.

Have you noticed how very few people appear to treat driving as the serious matter that it is? Conducting a vehicle that weighs 4000 pounds at speeds over a mile a minute, and they think it's a game. They read, eat, screw with the radio, put on makeup, smoke, talk on phones... Why should driving among thousands of other cars at high speeds be treated any less seriously than a pilot who goes flying in a small plane in an open sky treats doing that?
Brian - North Babylon

AOL

#6 May 22, 2007
Jeffrey--Your an a hole!
Grunt

Newark, NJ

#7 May 22, 2007
Im not saying this bus was but those county buses really fly around on mntk. hwy in that area.
Shame

Hoboken, NJ

#8 May 22, 2007
It's a shame but it was probably the buses fault. I see so many public buses switch lanes without any warning, they do not care and they just step on it. May this poor girl RIP
Jeffrey

Loxahatchee, FL

#9 May 22, 2007
Brian - North Babylon wrote:
Jeffrey--Your an a hole!
I extend my condolences to the family. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive.

I still do feel that people don't take driving nearly as seriously as they should.
ketchup

New York, NY

#10 May 22, 2007
Shame wrote:
It's a shame but it was probably the buses fault. I see so many public buses switch lanes without any warning, they do not care and they just step on it. May this poor girl RIP
It's only one lane in that area. It's a bad corner at any time of day because you can't see if someone is coming sometimes until it's too late.
Bayport Resident

AOL

#11 May 22, 2007
It's sad it took the life of a beautiful girl, and has now effected the life of a very nice family all because a traffic light should have been put there years ago! Tell me will the town now place a light there? alittle late for the Vatalaro family. It is a tragic loss and my thoughts and prayers go out to them.
sayville mom

Milford, CT

#12 May 22, 2007
EXTREMELY dangerous intersection. I know 2 other people who've died there. They need a light there,and if you're doing the actual speed limit you can stop in time. My heart goes out to the family of Jenna...what a tragedy!
Achilles

Brooklyn, NY

#13 May 22, 2007
Shame wrote:
She made a left turn crossing the path of eastbound traffic. It was a terrible trajedy but the driver of the bus was not at fault.
Steve

Chicago, IL

#14 May 22, 2007
Wow, 19 years old. Done. We'll never know what could have blossomed from this young lady. Inventor, teacher, leader, mother to a genius who stopped cancer? We will just never know and it boggles my mind. Life is so strange, so random. Everything anyone has or will ever have or done is simply about being at the right place at the right time or just lucky. The worst part, I can imagine, is the the terrible pain her loved ones are feeling. Hang in there guys. My condolences.
Blue Point Resident

United States

#16 May 22, 2007
There is a bus stop at that corner. Isn't the bus driver supposed to stop or slow down when approaching a stop? I am sure that this will be considered but I was wondering if anyone knew the requirements. Jenna may have thought the bus was stopping, especially if she was familiar with the corner & I believe that she was.
Lou

AOL

#17 May 22, 2007
Sorry for your loss another teen gone to young.. sad
homeowner by accident

AOL

#18 May 22, 2007
how many people are going to lose their lives at this intersection ....atlantic and montauk highway....before something is done.....
Jenn

Morris Plains, NJ

#19 May 22, 2007
Jeffrey wrote:
Amazing. They get the top-of-the-line vehicles, but their driving skills are still not worth shit, and they get themselves killed.
Have you noticed how very few people appear to treat driving as the serious matter that it is? Conducting a vehicle that weighs 4000 pounds at speeds over a mile a minute, and they think it's a game. They read, eat, screw with the radio, put on makeup, smoke, talk on phones... Why should driving among thousands of other cars at high speeds be treated any less seriously than a pilot who goes flying in a small plane in an open sky treats doing that?
how dare you. who are you to judge the deceased? you dont know her and you sure as hell dont know her driving abilities. She was a friend of mine and to correct you, she was not one of those spoiled oh im driving a luxary car that i have no business bringing on the road people, she was a good driver and all of our friends felt safe in a car with her. Have you no respect for her friends or family? Her family has just lost both an amazing daughter and caring big sister and you run your mouth to insult her? Have respect for christ's sake. You have absolutely no business to even attempt to condemn. Your the person who makes us wonder why god takes the good ones and leaves people like you around..
ESU 6th floor

Philadelphia, PA

#23 May 22, 2007
Jenn from NJ you tell him!
RIP JENNA VATALARO.....
6th floor ESU girl!
may God be with you and your family and friends......
another too young.....
:(
Mary

Carle Place, NY

#24 May 22, 2007
Jeffrey is not insulting he is telling the truth,teens or people do everything but go to the bathroom in the car,so that's how they get killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 8 hr truth 759
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Sat Jayar 89
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 19 Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sep 19 positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 positronium 6,389
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Sep 19 Osama Bin Laden 118,208
•••

Holbrook News Video

•••
•••

Holbrook Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Holbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••