teenage bicyclist in critical condition

teenage bicyclist in critical condition

There are 140 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 11, 2008, titled teenage bicyclist in critical condition. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 16-year-old Holbrook boy was in critical condition last night after his bicycle was struck by a car as he crossed a street against traffic, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
a grieving friend

Whitestone, NY

#141 Sep 10, 2008
im not going to say the people that posted bad things are stupid, heartless, what ever..
honest maybe i would have done the same thing before this.
but i lost a friend who got hit by a young driver, and my cusin lost a friend mentaly because she hit and killed my friend Matt.
i have to let you know.. you mad me cry..
to think someone could put stuff up about someone they don't know and don't know the story of saddens me.
you seem to be adults you should know better.
Matthew Haley died and he was a huge lost to socitey <3
you [ meaning people who talked down about where his life was going and who he is ] were no better when you were his age, you just had time to grow up and become people who obviously can "speak their mind" not thinking of what words can actually do and mean.

i miss you Haley baby <3
love casey
Emma

Kings Park, NY

#143 Sep 10, 2008
You guys are such jerks. He went to school with me and he was the sweetest guy i ever met. You are all calling him names when he's dead. What is wrong with you people?
i honestly hate people

Bayport, NY

#144 Sep 11, 2008
OKAy... death race who are you.Your the idiot with absolutely no life that has to stop calling my bestfriend dopey...okay get it???? because honestly you need to stfu.he didnt do anything wrong you're the wrong one that keeps f***n dwelling on the fact that he made a bad desision okay so for real wait until you get what you deserve kaythanks pzz f**ker
death-race hater

Bayport, NY

#145 Sep 11, 2008
who are you to make fun of some one.first you didnt know matt so stfu.second he was the best kid i have ever met.and third if and only if you knew him you would think the same. so stop talkin all this shit
rest easy matt

Union City, NJ

#146 Sep 13, 2008
all you people bashing on the fact that my friend is deadd disgust me. who are you to say ANYTHING you DONT know him AND YOU NEVER WILL! seriously sloppy sanchez and death race thats wrong on so many levels the things you've said and maybe you should get a life of your own and stop talking about my friend who is now past away rest in peace matt i miss and love you <3 schoool will never be the same =/
rest easy matt

Union City, NJ

#147 Sep 13, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t think you understand how simple this is. Let’s take this step by step.
1) Teenager goes for a bike ride (very common).
2) Teenager stops to contemplate crossing road (also very common).
3) Teenager decides to cross street against traffic control and flow of traffic (idiotic decision).
4) Teenager gets hit by car like common road kill (spattered during idiotic move).
So simple, he’s an idiot. I think a better quest might be to stop stupidity.
wow you piece of s**t get a life god works in funny ways you'll get yours its called karma a**sh*le i hope you have to suffer like i and the rest of my friends and his family do when we think of him he is missed extreamly, now SAY THIS SHIT IN FRONT OF SACHEM NORTH AND SEE WHAT F***ING HAPPENSS!!!
ARE YOU SURE

Elizabeth, NJ

#148 Sep 15, 2008
joe wrote:
Can't blame the kid. Tori is into the pills just like the rest of sachem.
DO YOU KNOW THIS AS FIRST HAND KNOWLEDG, OR ARE YOU ASSUMING???? IF IT'S FIRST HAND I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU. PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]
MATT'S MOM
joe

AOL

#149 Sep 22, 2008
oh i'm positive. i'm not e-mailing you though bc at this point it isn't worth it. Everyone in sachem is addicted to the opiates. The oxycontin's, the xanax, the vicadin. it's sad but you know what, when these kids are 26 years old and realize their addiction is taking over their life, they'll think back to their high school days when they hung with the wrong crowd and got involved with the wrong shit. Have fun dropouts.
IT DOES MATTER

Elizabeth, NJ

#150 Sep 22, 2008
joe wrote:
oh i'm positive. i'm not e-mailing you though bc at this point it isn't worth it. Everyone in sachem is addicted to the opiates. The oxycontin's, the xanax, the vicadin. it's sad but you know what, when these kids are 26 years old and realize their addiction is taking over their life, they'll think back to their high school days when they hung with the wrong crowd and got involved with the wrong shit. Have fun dropouts.
Do you know if she was on pills or drinking the night of the accident? Because if she was it does matter.
Vincent Miller

Fuquay Varina, NC

#151 Jun 25, 2009
Listen you have know idea what even happoned, take it from someone who was there it wasnt an idiotic mistake. It was caused by drivers not fully paying attention and a few blind spots. And i would like it very much so if u wouldnt say that the reason my best friend died was because of him making an idiotic mistake. I f you have a problem with wha im saying deff fell free to contact me to take care of this matter further
kannon ima Beast

New Orleans, LA

#152 Jun 26, 2009
joe wrote:
oh i'm positive. i'm not e-mailing you though bc at this point it isn't worth it. Everyone in sachem is addicted to the opiates. The oxycontin's, the xanax, the vicadin. it's sad but you know what, when these kids are 26 years old and realize their addiction is taking over their life, they'll think back to their high school days when they hung with the wrong crowd and got involved with the wrong shit. Have fun dropouts.
hey azzhole i went to sachem and so did my brother and sister...if you really want to talk your shyt we should do it privately and handle this like men...you dumnb motherfukkaz are talking about a kid who passed away in an (accident)...if the opiates had anything to do with the accident the girl would have been arrested and charged with his death...so if you would like to continue too talk shyt hit me up and let me know where we can speak about this......
rip matt

Bronx, NY

#153 Jul 28, 2009
joe wrote:
oh i'm positive. i'm not e-mailing you though bc at this point it isn't worth it. Everyone in sachem is addicted to the opiates. The oxycontin's, the xanax, the vicadin. it's sad but you know what, when these kids are 26 years old and realize their addiction is taking over their life, they'll think back to their high school days when they hung with the wrong crowd and got involved with the wrong shit. Have fun dropouts.
Actually I go to sachem and I don't do any of the drugs you claim we all do? I am a member of the national honor society, and I have a 93.4 GPA and I can say first hand Matthew Haley was the nicest most sincere person I have ever met. so stfu

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154 Aug 2, 2009
This thread still makes me laugh, a year later.

lol
SHE WAS WASTED

Elizabeth, NJ

#155 Dec 21, 2009
SHE WAS HIGH AND EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT HER. HOW SHE WASN'T ARRESTED IS A FREAKING MIRACLE ON HER PART. MAYBE SHE HAS A FRIEND OR FAMILY IN THE POLICE. MAYBE THE POLICE JUST DROPPED THE BALL. OR SOMEONE IMPORTANT WAS DATING HER MOTHER OR AUNT. HOW DOES A HUNDRED AND SIXT POUND BODY LAND ON YOUR WINDSHIELD DO THE KIND OF DAMAGE THAT WAS DONE TO THAT CAR AND YOU KEEP DRIVING MORE THAN A QUATER OF A MILE. HAVE ANY OF YOU IDIOTS SEEN THE CRIME SCENE PHOTOS CAUSE IF YOU DID YOU WOULD KNOW SHE WAS LYING THRU HER UGLY TEETH.
Rob Zellman

Bronx, NY

#156 Apr 27, 2010
Rest easy Matt
Sweethkiss

Buffalo, NY

#158 Jun 19, 2010
Slappy Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should combine forces. We can call ourselves "Death Sanchez" or "Slappy Race".
No matter who was at fault - the point is ... a young man's life was taken and all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. With no compassion in you, I hope you don't meet the same fate.
EricCantWait

Dartmouth, Canada

#159 Jul 5, 2010
Death is nothing to joke about;
HOWEVER,
Clearly, he shit the bed.
kyle

Pottsville, PA

#161 Oct 21, 2011
serously you people have no idea. Me and my 3 friends were with matt when it happened standing across the street at the auto body shop and people wanna get on here talking shit? somebodys fucking dead and u wanna assume and talk all this shit god only knows what id do to you if i seen you
the one and only

Dover Plains, NY

#162 Oct 22, 2011
kids need to pay attention i see it all the time, they dont even look when they are walking across a street, but lots drivers too need to slow down and pay attention as well. I am a creature of habit and do so mostly at night for my neighborhood is full of kids by me the speed limit should be 20, these kids pop out all over. but regarding the story its done and now all we can do is pray for the child for he could of been ours. the woman driver i am sure she is so shaken up, everyone is always quick to blame unless youve experienced this were just another opinion thats all. I tend to agree and lean towards vor's thought. lets just hope the child gets better soon and learned a very valuable lesson. good night.
Jay Hussain

Holbrook, NY

#163 Aug 11, 2012
Damn it's almost been 4 years. I still can't believe this. He was a good friend of mine and I miss him so much *sigh* I love you Matt and rest in paradise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 hr Twizzler4158 121,901
News Islip Supervisor: Town pay raises were approved... 19 hr do the math 11
Patchogue Fire Dept Dec 1 John 5
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Nov 27 Released 101
News Mixed vibes on body shaker (Jun '06) Nov 27 WalM 505
Review: Peterson & Grace - Sara E Grace DDS (Mar '10) Nov 25 Roc 2
News Cops: Lindenhurst man charged in stabbing (Aug '13) Nov 25 West 11th 4

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages