Towns vote in favor of wind projects

Towns vote in favor of wind projects

There are 6 comments on the Boston Globe story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Towns vote in favor of wind projects. In it, Boston Globe reports that:

Voters in 11 Massachusetts towns voiced their approval of offshore wind energy yesterday, by voting 'yes' to a non-binding ballot question in support of wind farms, including the controversial Cape Wind project ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Globe.

just candid

AOL

#1 Nov 7, 2008
What happens to off shore wind farms during winter storms ?

“Just Me”

Since: Sep 08

Between 3c273 and NGC4565

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Its better to look at a wind farm than the glowing & pulsating nuke plant down the street. Just ask the people of Chernobly

“Still reeling in a good way.. ”

Since: Nov 08

The Happy Valley

#3 Nov 7, 2008
I think we should ask them to REMAKE "The Perfect Storm", only instead of sword boats captained by macho risk-takers like Billy Tyne, we can have the storms hitting wind turbines off the coast of Eastham or MV!

The ONLY human error will be the ditzes in the labs on land and in the State House, if passed!

BTW, lest you think I'm pro-nuke--I live in W. Mass, RIGHT down the road from the freaking Yankee nuke! Think that makes me feel good? NO!

Point: Wind is NOT limited to the coast (how about the top of Mt. Greylock???).
fool on a hill

Rome, NY

#4 Nov 21, 2008
The turbines will be designed to handle winter storms. They won't chop up birds either. Ask the people in Hull if you don't believe. And don't worry about the radioactive waste. Oh, never mind there is none.

They are beautiful in my opinion!
jds

Ormond Beach, FL

#5 Nov 21, 2008
Looks like ocean pollution to me.
Algernon Sidney

Lakewood, OH

#6 Nov 21, 2008
Secular Society Now wrote:
Its better to look at a wind farm than the glowing & pulsating nuke plant down the street. Just ask the people of Chernobly
There are no glowing or pulsating nuke plants in the United States. Neither are there any Cherbobyl-type reactors in the US. I live less than a mile from a nuke plant and it is a beautiful sight. All that power and no pollution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Sat Devon pajas 560
Misconduct charges against Judge Pending - late... (Mar '08) Jan 10 Dsd 59
Review: Yezi Asian Bodyworks (Feb '16) Jan 10 Mbowlby 4
Braintree Village Information (May '15) Jan 4 Karen 2
Brockton Music Thread (Dec '14) Nov '16 Musikologist 5
Doink (Feb '10) Nov '16 -WICKED ANGEL- 813
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired Nov '16 Lynch for Paedophile 4

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages