Gun clubs all fired up at proposed re...

Gun clubs all fired up at proposed regulations

There are 115 comments on the Boston.com story from Oct 22, 2009, titled Gun clubs all fired up at proposed regulations. In it, Boston.com reports that:

Once a month on a Saturday, the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club hosts the Second Amendment Sisters, a national organization that advocates and provides firearms training for women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bagdad Harry

United States

#109 Oct 30, 2009
DSS wrote:
<quoted text>
considering the time you time spend being an internet jerkwater, I would gather that you don't either ....and if you do ?
Oh hurt me tiny balls...
All I have to say is...
tiny balls explains why you have no children!
Bagdad Harry

United States

#110 Oct 30, 2009
feedup wrote:
<quoted text>
The two questions I asked are sincere. Explain where you draw the line.
What crimes or “Felonies” do you consider bad enough to remove all rights?
Some dumbass kid writes a $1000 hot check, and he should never be allowed to exercise his rights again?
Lets swap this one around....
Which felons wwould you say deserve to be armed when they get out after serving their time?
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#111 Oct 30, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Which felons wwould you say deserve to be armed when they get out after serving their time?
All of them. IF they are too dangerous to return all rights - KEEP THEM IN PRISON! You & society have no right to deny any free man or woman their God given/natural rights.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#112 Oct 30, 2009
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>All of them. IF they are too dangerous to return all rights - KEEP THEM IN PRISON! You & society have no right to deny any free man or woman their God given/natural rights.
Firearms was not a god given right....

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#113 Oct 31, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
Every person has a right to their life. It follows they have a right to protect that life. It follows they have a right to use weapons to protect their life.

Do you have a right to breathe the air, to sunlight, to drink water ?

You're so dumb, Harry. Criminals ignore the laws that prohibit them from possessing and using guns.

Chicago bans handguns. Chicago govt wants a law that prohibits gangbangers from possessing guns. Are you so stupid you need me to explain that ?
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#114 Oct 31, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Self defense is! And a firearm is the best weapon available for self defense. And property rights are God given. It was my money that I used to buy said weapon & ammo. So owning a firearm and using same for self defense shows 2 God given rights.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#115 Oct 31, 2009
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>
Every person has a right to their life. It follows they have a right to protect that life. It follows they have a right to use weapons to protect their life.
Do you have a right to breathe the air, to sunlight, to drink water ?
You're so dumb, Harry. Criminals ignore the laws that prohibit them from possessing and using guns.
Chicago bans handguns. Chicago govt wants a law that prohibits gangbangers from possessing guns. Are you so stupid you need me to explain that ?
Now that you mention it yes, yes he is.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#116 Oct 31, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, absolutely so!
Firearms form the foundation of the most effective self-defence there is.
Further, there are these words by one of the Founders:
—————
"...It is a principle that the right to a thing gives a right to the means without which it could not be used, that is to say, that the means follow their end.... This principle is rounded in natural reasons, is evidenced by the common sense of mankind..."
- Thomas Jefferson, March 18, 1792 [Official] letter to George Washington.[The Works of Thomas Jefferson in Twelve Volumes. Federal Edition. Collected and Edited by Paul Leicester Ford.]
—————
Ergo, from that quote we arrive at these following determinations:
[1] The right to self-defence of necessity connotes the right to whatever device(s) which best suit(s) the realization of that right BY EACH INDIVIDUAL.
[2] The right to keep and bear arms forms the hub around which all defensive actions may be said to revolve, and therefore encompasses ALL ARMS, regardless.

“Veritas vincit. Truth Conquers”

Since: Mar 07

Nunquam redono. Never give up

#117 Nov 1, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
You served your time. If not you are still in prison.
No! Let’s not swap it around I ask an honest question.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#118 Nov 2, 2009
Okay...
every ex con should get a fire arm when they leave the prison...and every rapist should get a rape kit...and every child molester should be a boy scout leader...
I mean all these people are rehabilitated...and they have served their time..
I am done corresponding with people that chose to live their lives in a constitutional utopian fantasy
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#119 Nov 2, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
Okay...
every ex con should get a fire arm when they leave the prison...and every rapist should get a rape kit...and every child molester should be a boy scout leader...
I am done corresponding with people that chose to live their lives in a constitutional utopian fantasy
Move to "Bagdad" (sic) if you do not like our Constitution. To deny free Americans their God given/natural rights is wrong, immoral, cowardly & Un-Constitutional.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#120 Nov 3, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
Okay...
Who told you 'something'(knowing you, that 'something' would be govt) would GIVE every excon a gun ? Why do assume every excon would be GIVEN a gun ? WHAT is wrong with your brain ?

Did someone tease you by saying every excon would be given a gun ? Did it make you freak out ?

It never occurred to you the excons would sell their govt issued gun for cash ?

“Veritas vincit. Truth Conquers”

Since: Mar 07

Nunquam redono. Never give up

#121 Nov 3, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
Okay...
No one ever stated giving a gun to people released from prison as they come out. Again what crime do you consider to be a removal of all rights? Not all Felons are low life abhorrent people of society.

Your black and white views leave a lot of people out in the realm of non-existence. No person ever convicted of a crime should be allowed to protect their families or themselves again due to the fact that they may or may not have committed a crime. Remember some people in prison are not guilty of any crime. As far as you’re other ramblings until they are found innocent of the crime upon repeal they should stay in incarcerated. There is no “constitutional utopian fantasy” just the rights of all individuals.

You came to this site if you want an honest and true debate of a subject then answer the questions with honesty and not emotional logic.
DruggyHater

Cedar Rapids, IA

#122 May 31, 2010
john wrote:
I love how you gun nuts always yell and scream about "freedom" and "liberty," when what you really mean is "freedom" and "liberty" to do the things YOU want to do, and to hell with everyone else's liberty. Here's a quiz for you "freedom" lovers- How many of you support the US war on (some) drugs????
Guess they forgot to include your right to keep and bare crack-pipe in the Bill OF Rights. Sorry about your luck. Go smoke a fatty while us "gun nuts" talk about how to lace your smack and your ganja so you and your kind don't pro create.
Patriot

South Weymouth, MA

#123 Jun 6, 2010
As a certified executive body guard and NRA safety instructor, I don't see the problem with some of the proposal. Most clubs already require a range officer be present on site, and the juniors program where I shoot has roughly one certified safety instructor for every two children shooting, and we don't need to be told to do so. As for the police detail. What the heck is that for? Most cops I know can't hit their arse with a snowball. What would the reasoning be other than generate more money for the cops. Same as with the special permit required. Generate more money so they can spend us into oblivion.

Remember in November.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Feb 16 valerie zurlo 561
peanut butter squares (Nov '06) Feb 15 Kris 49
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton (May '16) Feb 12 krl781 7
Semipro Football Team - Quincy Militia Feb 8 Sandbox 1
News Stoughton sergeant guilty of attempted extortio... (Jul '07) Feb 4 REC-ME2 2,760
Looking for Relatives Feb 2 PEIslander 2
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Feb 2 Francesca J 24

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holbrook Mortgages