of 4
Next Last
gjg

Zhengzhou, China

#61 Jan 4, 2010
Mike Wilmington MA

Belmont, MA

#63 Mar 18, 2010
Does anyone know what progress has been made in terms of development in this area and any plans in the foreseeable future? At least during or after March 2010
Ron

Cedartown, GA

#64 Mar 18, 2010
Have no idea Mike. I've had a lot @ Sun Valley facing the Interstate @ the Arnaz exit ( 6 miles from Holbrook ), since 2000. I haven't heard of any progress going on there. Maybe someone can give an update about what's going on in the area ... if anything.
The Desert Botanist

Modesto, CA

#65 Oct 21, 2011
Mike Wilmington MA wrote:
Does anyone know what progress has been made in terms of development in this area and any plans in the foreseeable future? At least during or after March 2010
The post office in Sun Valley has now closed and so has everything eles. There's roughly 400 people living out there but the business area off I 40 and the old route 66 strip is a ghost town. There is no plans for anything to happen out here. Don't listen to those people selling land on eBay. The only thing that keeps building up out here is junk!

Since: Oct 12

Tempe, AZ

#66 Oct 15, 2012
I went there a while back.If your wanting to get away from people this is the place!(im laughing now)
There really isnt much going on.Figure on solar and hauling water,mabe catching runoff rain.The dirt roads are kind of soft,left me wondering about how muddy and slippery it could get?
The ebay ads are not accurate with where the property are.Good luck with finding them.I have some GPS coordinates and plan on looking for the propertys.Google earth and map quest well help you out.
I plan on something simple,small.Mabe ill see you there!
Desert Botanist

Modesto, CA

#67 Oct 24, 2012
kapie9969 wrote:
I went there a while back.If your wanting to get away from people this is the place!(im laughing now)
There really isnt much going on.Figure on solar and hauling water,mabe catching runoff rain.The dirt roads are kind of soft,left me wondering about how muddy and slippery it could get?
The ebay ads are not accurate with where the property are.Good luck with finding them.I have some GPS coordinates and plan on looking for the propertys.Google earth and map quest well help you out.
I plan on something simple,small.Mabe ill see you there!
Those roads get bad when the snow starts to melt. It's is pretty easy to smooth them out though with a small tractor like a Ford 8a. Is your land south of hwy 40 or north? I have some on the south end that I am moving to soon.

Phoenix, AZ

#68 Oct 26, 2012
Desert Botanist wrote:
<quoted text>
Those roads get bad when the snow starts to melt. It's is pretty easy to smooth them out though with a small tractor like a Ford 8a. Is your land south of hwy 40 or north? I have some on the south end that I am moving to soon.
My property is south of I-40,the folks selling it on ebay showed it off 19th street not far from the freeway.When i did more research i found out,its much further south.I havent been back in a while.I did see with google that there isnt a thing near my property.Im wondering if the roads well just be passable,i get the vibe they well be slippier than snot, im hoping i can get to my property without a 4wd.
I figured that i might have to work on the roads some,to bad i dont have a tractor,i ran heavy equipment for years and could fill in or grade the roads.
If you go to the navajo county accesors site you can find your property on a map and if you run your mouse arrow on the map you can get the GPS coordinates for the corners.
Desert Botanist

Modesto, CA

#69 Oct 29, 2012
kapie9969 wrote:
<quoted text>
My property is south of I-40,the folks selling it on ebay showed it off 19th street not far from the freeway.When i did more research i found out,its much further south.I havent been back in a while.I did see with google that there isnt a thing near my property.Im wondering if the roads well just be passable,i get the vibe they well be slippier than snot, im hoping i can get to my property without a 4wd.
I figured that i might have to work on the roads some,to bad i dont have a tractor,i ran heavy equipment for years and could fill in or grade the roads.
If you go to the navajo county accesors site you can find your property on a map and if you run your mouse arrow on the map you can get the GPS coordinates for the corners.
It's good your land is on the south side! You really don't need 4 wheel drive down there. The south side has all the power lines as well. My parcel had power over 1 mile away when I bought it and now it's just 2-3 poles away. The land they are selling on eBay now is all to the north and there is no roads to most of it and no power...

Phoenix, AZ

#70 Oct 31, 2012
I dont want the power to my property.I can get by with solar.It looks like i can haul water from by the freeway.I plan on making a tank and catching whatever rain i can.
Desert Botanist

Modesto, CA

#71 Nov 2, 2012
kapie9969 wrote:
I dont want the power to my property.I can get by with solar.It looks like i can haul water from by the freeway.I plan on making a tank and catching whatever rain i can.
I already have a 12' trailer with a water tank and plan on hauling water untill we can hook into the city water lines. Power is not a burning issue for me either, since I will be running everything on LP gas, and using a small 24 volt solar set up for lights, tv, water pump, and stereo.... I use to live in Tucson. Holbrook is a lot more peaceful and I like the weather. Hope everything works out for you out there. With the rising cost of everything, if I don't move out there soon, I won't be able to afford it...
Linda

Phoenix, AZ

#72 Sunday
Well the land value did go up slightly on our 2014 tax bill. Have no idea if that indicates anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#HHS cheerleader team WTF? !?!?!? Jan 22 hater 2
snowflake! (Jul '14) Jan 21 hater 8
Review: Maverick Store #478 (Jun '14) Jan 2 hater 4
Snowflake Heights (May '07) Dec 31 green hornet 19
john lamb from winslow world famous story (Apr '12) Dec '14 Flower 12
Earthquake Felt In Area Dec '14 Sedona and Flagstaff 1
Review: Nakai Indian Cultural Trade Center Inc Nov '14 ted409 2
Holbrook Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web