Inmate Dies While On Work Detail

Inmate Dies While On Work Detail

There are 20 comments on the Tribune-News story from Sep 1, 2006, titled Inmate Dies While On Work Detail. In it, Tribune-News reports that:

The cause of death of an inmate laborer from the Navajo County Jail who died while working at the Navajo County Fairgrounds in Holbrook remains undetermined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tribune-News.

John Hammerel

Chandler, AZ

#1 Sep 9, 2006
If this man died while under the supervision of Navaho County jail personnel in a Navaho County Park why was Holbrook PD the only agency involved at the scene? Where was the County Sheriffs Dept? Don't they operate the Navaho County Jail? The word is that this man had some sort of seizure. It is rare for a person to die from a seizure. I would say that in order to do a complete investigation the county and the city would have to do more than perform a toxicology test! After all, this man died under the care of the Navaho County Jail.
lori

Littleton, CO

#2 Apr 24, 2007
I have a brother in navajo county jail who has brain damage. He can't make definite decisions for himself, how can the courts sentence him?
boogie man

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2007
the key is to stay out of jail dumbasses

Since: Aug 07

Tucson, AZ

#4 Dec 20, 2007
this really need to be investigated, and by an independent agency along with the county, sheriffs office, and the police department. Why was a person with seizures on a work detail?
Domini Lomeli

Meridian, ID

#5 Jul 5, 2008
My brother was in the ncso jail for 2 yrs when he finally gave up his fight with the courts. He was shocked to see how well doc treats inmates. unlike the ncso they hav'nt forgot that the inmates are still human beings
WooHoo

Prescott, AZ

#6 Jan 23, 2009
lori wrote:
I have a brother in navajo county jail who has brain damage. He can't make definite decisions for himself, how can the courts sentence him?
It is a sad fact that in Navajo County the courts are geared to opperate against you. They generate their budget by sticking the people who are unable to defend themselves in jail/prison. I hope your brother gets lucky and is able to get out of there. That is by far the most corrupt court/legal system opperating in the state of AZ.
Holbrook Native

Glendale, AZ

#7 Jan 28, 2009
I was born in holbrook and moved to Phx. The key is stay outta jail
Degis

Tuba City, AZ

#8 Apr 9, 2009
Navajo County Jail is the worsest place to end up in. Talk about justice..everybody is treated unfair. I hope the Navajo County Jail gets a big law suit.
1111OMG

Phoenix, AZ

#9 May 15, 2010
boogie man wrote:
the key is to stay out of jail dumbasses
SPOKEN BY ONE WHO HAS NEVER EVER BROKEN A LAW. I HOPE YOU HAVE CHILDREN BECAUSE ONLY ONE AS RIGHTEOUS AS YOURSELF SHOULD BE JUDGING OTHERS AS YOU DO. GOD BLESS YOU!
Know one who was there

United States

#10 Jul 12, 2010
My son was there that day on work detail when this kid died. I talked with him that night, it was our understand he had had an arguement with his girlfriend, and was under the impression he had hung himself. No inmate IS allowed to work alone???? Someone think
Was a drug overdose

Portage, WI

#11 Nov 5, 2011
It was a drug overdose, he was not being supervised by Navajo County Officers but by Jose that runs the place. I am not sure anyone could have done anything to help him live though. But I am 100% it was an overdose.
m22mm22

Mesa, AZ

#19 Apr 19, 2014
Thank god for honest young people like u :] u will be blessed for ur honesty..i know in my heart damian would not hurt u o any of his kids u r his world his happyest joys n no matter what sickos have to say u know the truth ..so rock on sweet girl...
lc3ll33

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Apr 21, 2014
m22mm22 wrote:
Thank god for honest young people like u :] u will be blessed for ur honesty..i know in my heart damian would not hurt u o any of his kids u r his world his happyest joys n no matter what sickos have to say u know the truth ..so rock on sweet girl...
This post was in response to a post Ashley put on. But looks like nobody wants to hear her side. I wonder who took it off. She said that Damian never touched her.
shopgirl

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Apr 26, 2014
Many of these comments are not even related to this issue... But truth be told- if you're a pedophile. It's everyone's business! If this man was not convicted, then let it alone. Rumors will always be there, if indeed this is a bad man- justice will prevail. Just got to some have faith in God. God Bless.
slow286

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Apr 26, 2014
Pictures don't lie. People & your heart does. Damian may love his children, but 2 of them aren't his and they obviously aren't his world if he could steal more time from them and left their mother to raise them alone. I pray for her and the kids. No mother should have to endure the heartache he brought. May God Bless her and send her an angel.
shopgirl

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Apr 26, 2014
Let it alone already!
slow286

Queen Creek, AZ

#25 Jul 10, 2014
I agree about the mother-useless, insecure and 3 daddys......screams pathetic. The oldest and youngest are not biologically his. If the oldest was his, that would mean he had her when her was 11 or 12. So didn't happen. Regardless what anyone thinks, he was convicted.
emgh1

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Jul 15, 2014
The oldest isn't his by blood but that's her father and he has been the only father she has ever known. Yes he was convicted for something that he didn't do. I have faith that this amazing father will be out soon. I'm pretty sure he will keep fighting it he can always appeal it and hopefully he does just that. God bless him and his four children.
Bonnie

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Apr 12, 2017
Does your son remember if this man's name was Charley?
Bonnie

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Apr 12, 2017
Know one who was there wrote:
My son was there that day on work detail when this kid died. I talked with him that night, it was our understand he had had an arguement with his girlfriend, and was under the impression he had hung himself. No inmate IS allowed to work alone???? Someone think
Does your son remember if this man's name was Charley?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mill in Snowflake, Arizona Aug 6 Kirk 8
snowflake! (Feb '16) Jul 24 common sense 3
water haul stations? May '17 Ron 1
Need to find my way home May '17 Prayingnpleading 1
News 10 pounds of meth found in wrapped gift after H... May '17 Lena Tsosie 2
Review: Maverick Store #478 (Jun '14) Apr '17 Very Dissatisfied 5
Johnny Ray Thompson known as bubba t (Jan '17) Apr '17 Thomas Phillips 2

Holbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance