Sickbed surrender revives 1977 Tenn. ...

Sickbed surrender revives 1977 Tenn. murder case

There are 31 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Sickbed surrender revives 1977 Tenn. murder case. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Detective Tony Grasson thought he was about to take a deathbed confession when he visited a hospital last month to talk to a man on the run from a murder charge since 1977.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

New Hartford, CT

#2 Mar 29, 2009
jcl stratford wrote:
she ought to be tried for conspiracy to commit murder that guy's two sons had to grow up without a father & whys is always a fat nasty b***h that someone gets killed over? and he should get the death sentence take him out of his misery & the funny thing is he would agree with me!!
you are an id>>i>>ot
jcl stratford

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2009
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an id>>i>>ot
what is there A commercial break during the lifetime movie of the week & you thought it would be entertaining to insult me. this woman is a whore she was sleeping around and then when she felt remorseful she wanted all her cheating memories to go away i know what a woman who cheats on her husband is like she starts to feel guilty & then never wants to see the guy she was committing adultery with ever again so her solution lets murder him yea shes the victim he made her cheat. did you read this article did you read how they changed their names & obtained fraudulent social security numbers. need i remind you that his 2 sons grew up with out a father and his sister is still dealing with the pain of losing her brother not to mention his parents who should never have to bury their son.com mercial break is over go back to your man hating lifetime movie of the week! yea im the idiot i dont mind being called an idiot by someone who is smarter than me but not you i wonder if you & that woman have a lot in common !
rita

Jamestown, CA

#4 Mar 29, 2009
jcl stratford wrote:
<quoted text>what is there A commercial break during the lifetime movie of the week & you thought it would be entertaining to insult me. this woman is a **** she was sleeping around and then when she felt remorseful she wanted all her cheating memories to go away i know what a woman who cheats on her husband is like she starts to feel guilty & then never wants to see the guy she was committing adultery with ever again so her solution lets murder him yea shes the victim he made her cheat. did you read this article did you read how they changed their names & obtained fraudulent social security numbers. need i remind you that his 2 sons grew up with out a father and his sister is still dealing with the pain of losing her brother not to mention his parents who should never have to bury their son.com mercial break is over go back to your man hating lifetime movie of the week! yea im the idiot i dont mind being called an idiot by someone who is smarter than me but not you i wonder if you & that woman have a lot in common !
she didn't force the victim to have sex with her.
jcl stratford

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2009
rita wrote:
<quoted text>
she didn't force the victim to have sex with her.
so he deserves to die ? in addition to holding down a full time job i worked as a bartender on saturday nights & these people would begin their rendezvous at the bar & then take it elsewhere & do you know where else where was? it was the bar parking lot next to a smelly dumpster. i would go to the dumpster to take out the trash and i would see a car rocking, fogged up windows, and elbows flying and after awhile these women would figure out that their boy toy was ever bit the loser they said their husband were then they felt cheated and used because the guy they thought was mr wonderful turns out to be a player they get so pissed that they are then out for blood the guy would always come back for last call & tell me all the seedy details at first it was funny them it became repulsive & it always ended badly. it does take 2 to tangle but why is he the one that dead in your twisted logic thats okay.
serious

Nashville, TN

#6 Mar 30, 2009
I am a woman, and I have to agree with jcl, but why, how come you are so hateful towards him? do you have a personal interest in dorothy? she is guilty, she was there when her husband shot the man she was sleeping with. It is so sad the twins didn't get raised by their daddy, while all along the "andersons/brewers" raised their daughter to think they are outstanding and wonderful people. It is a shame he is so sick, I think they should take that into consideration, by not postponing this any longer and put him to death, and also hold his wife responsible.
03abc

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Mar 31, 2009
i dont think this is the real story
no one knows maybe he attacked her ever think of that he was pretty worn out by the photo he may have been in his 20's but he looked like he was 40 in the picture the sisters show
maybe he was on drugs or an acholic
women do get attacked

the story here and the story in the nashville times is different
this story is exagerated
and no one knows what kind of hell these people went thru all those years

and in a small town like holdenwald how do you know in the 1970s if they would have listened to her side of the story remember then and now all women are guilty of any advances a man makes wanted or otherwise. it has not changed
remember men (LAW) always feel women are at fault even if they are attacked
so before you jump to conclusions that she is guilty you need to know the real facts and this article is full of stuff that is not real
jcl stratford

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2009
03abc wrote:
i dont think this is the real story
no one knows maybe he attacked her ever think of that he was pretty worn out by the photo he may have been in his 20's but he looked like he was 40 in the picture the sisters show
maybe he was on drugs or an acholic
women do get attacked
the story here and the story in the nashville times is different
this story is exagerated
and no one knows what kind of hell these people went thru all those years
and in a small town like holdenwald how do you know in the 1970s if they would have listened to her side of the story remember then and now all women are guilty of any advances a man makes wanted or otherwise. it has not changed
remember men (LAW) always feel women are at fault even if they are attacked
so before you jump to conclusions that she is guilty you need to know the real facts and this article is full of stuff that is not real
so you are implying that this man raped her and they were rot having an affair? & she wasnt cheating on her husband? i find that hard to believe i have seen so much adultery in my life its makes me sick and heard a lot of denials. you sound gullible to me. now if this is correct and she was raped she was not being raped when her husband killed him this was a planned and premeditated murder and i believe she lured him to that site so he can be killed. why didn't she just go to the police oh that's right the police are incompetent that the next excuse. the facts are they murder a man, changed their names, obtained fraudulent social security numbers, and lived on the run for 30 yrs. that's enough to put them in jail!
rita

Jamestown, CA

#9 Mar 31, 2009
Of course the man did not deerve to die. But we don't need to bring morals into the story, as there were 2 consenting adults involved. of course, women always pay the heavier price in these matters. Some things are slow to change. That's the only thing meant to be pointed out.
jcl stratford

United States

#10 Mar 31, 2009
rita wrote:
Of course the man did not deerve to die. But we don't need to bring morals into the story, as there were 2 consenting adults involved. of course, women always pay the heavier price in these matters. Some things are slow to change. That's the only thing meant to be pointed out.
I dont understand how the whore pays a heavier price one man is dead & the other man is dying & by judging how fat this b**h is she probably doesn't work and she & sit's in front of the t/v all day watching her soaps & stuffing her face.not a bad life pathetic yes. Its the man who pays when it comes to adultery the woman get's the house & therefore gets the kids because the husband either moved into his parents basement or had to get an apartment in the ghetto because thats all he can afford after paying a mortgage on what is now her house and child support because his living conditions are now sub standard that the courts wont give him custody of their kids so explain how the woman pays a "heavier" price. iam not a woman basher in fact i love women especially one that has a good heart & soul & not only beauty this woman has none of the above & deserves to be in jail for conspiracy to commit murder
03abc

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Mar 31, 2009
i was merily pointing out that maybe that was the real reason all this mess started and if so then yeah he should not have killed him and he should not have run and she should not have run
but we have to remember how 1970's were in a small town in Tennessee and how fair was justice back then
i can guarantee you if you were a little bit prissy or whatever the police blamed you for any advance.
jcl stratford

United States

#12 Mar 31, 2009
03abc wrote:
i was merily pointing out that maybe that was the real reason all this mess started and if so then yeah he should not have killed him and he should not have run and she should not have run
but we have to remember how 1970's were in a small town in Tennessee and how fair was justice back then
i can guarantee you if you were a little bit prissy or whatever the police blamed you for any advance.
If this guy is what they say that he looked 20 yrs older implying that this came from years of hard living alcohol, drug abuse , and add being a rapist also. I dont care what year it was or how small the town is or if he was the police chiefs brother they would have gladly locked him up the last i checked the were enforcing the law even way,way,way,back in 1977
serious

Pegram, TN

#13 Mar 31, 2009
I happen to live in this small town where they were from. and no, she was not raped. she was laughing at the time when they drove up to the station. this can be recalled by a lot of witnesses that were there that day. to jcl, It sounds like you have personal experience with a woman who trashed on you. it is women like this that give us decent woman a bad name. my son married a gold digger, and it turned out she cheated on him multiple times. thank God there were no children, but he lost out financially and now she is set up pretty well with a nice home, new vehicles, clothes etc. meanwhile, my son finds it hard to move on, because he fears all woman can't be cheated. enough said on this matter. I have no sympathy for cheaters.
jcl stratford

United States

#14 Mar 31, 2009
serious wrote:
I happen to live in this small town where they were from. and no, she was not raped. she was laughing at the time when they drove up to the station. this can be recalled by a lot of witnesses that were there that day. to jcl, It sounds like you have personal experience with a woman who trashed on you. it is women like this that give us decent woman a bad name. my son married a gold digger, and it turned out she cheated on him multiple times. thank God there were no children, but he lost out financially and now she is set up pretty well with a nice home, new vehicles, clothes etc. meanwhile, my son finds it hard to move on, because he fears all woman can't be cheated. enough said on this matter. I have no sympathy for cheaters.
luckily for me the answer is no but it has happened to friends & neighbors & i hate to see what it does to the kids. I realize that there is a lot of good women out there & you are probably one of them i wish your son luck i hope he finds a good woman or man if he decides to go that route & that there is nothing wrong with being single either. thank you for your input i just read about this case yesterday and was so appalled that i had to voice my opinion even though i dont know all the details but i do know the facts according to what i read i would like to hear from more townies on this subject
03abc

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#15 Mar 31, 2009
since you live there tell us what really happened then
jcl stratford

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2009
03abc wrote:
since you live there tell us what really happened then
ill make this post short and just say i agree
serious

Pegram, TN

#17 Mar 31, 2009
jcl-I am glad that it never happened to you. yes, I happen to be one of the women with high morals, married for 20 yrs. first marriage (never cheated) married 15 yrs. second marriage (never cheated, never will) my son is enjoying his single life!
serious

Pegram, TN

#18 Mar 31, 2009
I don't know why more people aren't coming forward from town. so here goes. I was not there, don't know these people. but according to sources that did witness it here is what they say. dorothy brewer was having an affair with jimmy carroll, her husband found out (maybe she told him) it is a very small town, everybody knows everything! that is still going on, people talk about who is sleeping with who, who is getting divorce and so on. ok, after james brewer found out about affair, him and his wife kept driving by the station where they saw Jimmy outside. this is a store where local loggers hung out before and after work. It was in the early evening hours between 3 and 4:30 pm. jimmy had been getting gas and talking at the pump with someone. the store was full of men outside and inside. after james and dorothy kept circling around the store, witnessess say they saw dorothy laughing. well, they pulled up to the station and james walked right up to jimmy and shot him point blank. twice. then he got in his car with his wife and drove off. he was charged and out on 10,000 bond. then his wife and himself fled the state. people have talked about it all these yrs.I know the papers get things mixed up. one of the papers actually said he killed a woman. they are also saying they have lost paperwork over the years and don't know if his wife was ever charged back in 1977. I don't think that should matter. she was still on the run with a criminal and she knows that is wrong. i don't know why they can't also be charged with fraud for changing their names and social. i know that was easier to do back then, but now it is fraud.
jcl stratford

United States

#19 Mar 31, 2009
that's about how i thought it went down & im 1,0000 miles away & were talking over 30 yrs ago. that's why she made her husband shut up so she wouldn't be implicated and charged with conspiracy. now where is the person that called me an idiot, where is rita, and the person from a.z who at least didn't call me names but was skeptical and implied that she was attacked. By reading this story and being a student of human nature i don't know how anyone would think that she is a victim. when she is really a suspect.
serious

Pegram, TN

#20 Mar 31, 2009
she is a suspect and an instigator! why after all these yrs. convienient, isn't it?
03abc

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#21 Apr 2, 2009
ok statford, ok
you were right and i was wrong i was giving her the benefit of the doubt

i am truly a little confused that the town is not talking about this on this web page
but maybe they dont have internet or dont care anymore
i just dont see how they can try someone who has no communication skills. his stroke took that away

actors change their names all the time and lots of people have alias' i dont think that is a crime unless you use it for a crime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hohenwald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Office job in LInden (Mar '13) 3 hr Stood firm 16
Kelly Isbell 3 hr cafe 2
nastie nat Thu Big M Little Organ 4
Shipman Genealogy Thu Silver Locks 1
Are there any hookers in waynesboro? Jan 17 SteveScumWilson 3
Christy Lynn Carroll : Please Come Forward (Mar '17) Jan 16 citizen aware of ... 2
christy carroll unsolved murder 1995 (Feb '14) Jan 16 citizen aware of ... 25

Hohenwald Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hohenwald Mortgages