Jabaley's Contention on a Water Park

Posted in the Hogansville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brazen

San Francisco, CA

#1 May 16, 2012
Praise youth and it will prosper. Ms. Jabaley the summer youth program is not expendable, it is the only positive program that this city has for our youth during summer break. The contention that spending the recreation money on a water park for the majority of the citizens is stupefied beyond cognizance! What a wonderful idea let’s build a water park for the elephantine citizens, emaciated tweaked citizens & the disadvantageous citizens that otherwise loiter downtown. Sure that is going to benefit our town by making us an even bigger joke to the rest of the county. Brilliant idea Jabaley!
Just sayin

Newnan, GA

#2 May 17, 2012
Grantville has an elementary school full of young children, neighborhoods full of young people. If I lived in the surrounding cities, I would bring my family to the water park. Finally, a reason to come to Grantville...I love it. You need to get off the corner and see how many folk there are here.
Brazen

San Francisco, CA

#3 May 17, 2012
Just sayin wrote:
Grantville has an elementary school full of young children, neighborhoods full of young people. If I lived in the surrounding cities, I would bring my family to the water park. Finally, a reason to come to Grantville...I love it. You need to get off the corner and see how many folk there are here.
You might want to take an elementary level reading class!!!
Since big words like disadvantageous are not comprehendible for you let me break it down in stuck on stupid terms for you JUST SAYIN!
Elephantine is a synonym for morbidly obese & overweight!
Emaciated Tweaked is just a nicer way of using terms such as crack heads, meth heads, and pot heads.
To not live in our city you apparently have spent some time on the corner with the inbred, ignorant, useless humans that are a waste and embarrassment to Grantville. I never mentioned a corner I referenced downtown as a whole and downtown has several corners. When I used the big word disadvantageous it is a synonym for words such as troublesome, embarrassing, unsuitable & disturbing! Apparently since you know the layout so well it would seem that you have spent plenty of time on the corner where Mr. C’s was previously open.
Since you are not a resident of Grantville let me just tell you we do not need any more bottom feeders in this town so please those of us that can walk, talk & chew gum at the same time do not need you and your family coming to Grantville for this moronic water park.
Considering that Jabaley would like to kill any positive thing for as you put it an elementary school full of young children & neighborhoods full of young people…by providing something for the whole community with the recreation funds that is a complete waste. Are the two pools that closed down not enough for even the simple minded to realize a water park is a waste of this town’s money? People like you are just helping to support another couple of generations of disadvantageous citizens that loiter downtown. It is asinine to think that we need to take recreation funds and build a water park for the whole community and put a halt to the summer camp.
In rural communities across the U.S. 15% of the people are living in poverty, of that 15% youth ages 5 to 17 make up 20%. I sure hope you are not as bad at math as you are at comprehending what you are reading. Rural youth are much further challenged then urban youth in the aspect that they have a much greater lack of resources such as transportation, technology, recreation & enrichment.
Ms. Jabaley needs to get a grip and understand that by empowering our towns youth resources need to be provided to give these kids a chance to make positive connections, develop skills and participate in improving our community.
Just Sayin you are on the same level of lunacy that Ms. Jabaley is. Period the end.
big pimp daddy

Newnan, GA

#4 May 20, 2012
Those stupid kids need to stay home and study... Get ready for the world that's ahead of them, no some more B.S. What we need is a major rec center like what troup county has. we can't pay for it, but with county help maybe... But let's not fool ourselves... All The "Hoodies" will show up and linger around, sell/smoke dope. Start fights. etc. Just like they did when the pools where open. Do like they do in lower L.A..... open up a fire hydrent and let the little monkeys run around.. Hey run a 4 inch fire hose into the parking lot of the new ball field,(yet one more waste of money) turn it on and there ya go homeys!
Louis

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 21, 2012
I think a water park makes about as much sense as a scrap yard. but then old lady Jabaley will likely profit from that too. i say lets just let the town finish dwindling away. and sell whats left to the Monks. or donate it to some charity. like maybe save the whales or something. just when you think you have heard it all. Dumb ass old lady Jabaley comes up with something else Stupid. is it just me, or has city hall been sprayed with dumb ass gas.
Brazen

San Francisco, CA

#6 May 23, 2012
Louis I could not agree with you more!
debbie

Newnan, GA

#7 May 24, 2012
dear LORD please help all us dumb ass people in coweta co ga even if one of us lives in minneopolis mn
Brazen

San Francisco, CA

#8 May 31, 2012
Dear Lord please help those less educated in Coweta County. It seems that because your internet provider gives you an IP address out of Minneopolis, MN that must mean you live there. Debbie Dumbass I live in Grantville!!! Debbie Dumbass im detecting some agitation from your end...you must be one of the whales we are going to be blessed with having at this water park! This is going to be the competition of ugly chicks considering there is not one good looking female in the whole radius of the city, hell perhaps this splendid idea Jabaley has will be good for one thing...it will give folks something to drive by and laugh at!!!
debbie

Newnan, GA

#9 May 31, 2012
it would be a lot easier for you to move outta grantville
Go to a meeting

United States

#10 May 31, 2012
How about attending a city council meeting instead of getting on here insulting each other? Brazen you started out strong and ended weak...Shame on you! Big Pimp Daddy umm never mind it's not worth even typing. Debbie it's not worth it we can't fix stupid as much as we might try it just won't happen.
debbie

Newnan, GA

#11 Jun 1, 2012
youre right go .brazen didnt get it . i was joking
Louis

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jun 12, 2012
Ok, i am really trying to get a hold on this water park. since the city likely has not a lot of money. seeing as it has been spent on non resident mayors. and policemen that are more like kindergarden cops. in fact i think they would do better working security at the retirement center or cemetary. but back to the subject. is this water park going to consist of a sprinkler and a sheet of plastic thrown out in old lady jableys yard. she will likely charge a fair amount for this. because you know it will be state of the art. and she dont do anything without profit....
DruggieOnBench2

Austell, GA

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Ride through downtown Grantville on any day and you'll see the future recipients of the water park. This might seem like a good idea for the community, but I wonder how many self respecting people of Grantville would take their children and let them mingle with the likes of what loiters downtown everyday. Most of those people would probably welcome a water park because it looks like they haven't bathed in quite sometime. Do I want my child wading around in that water?? I don't think so. This city needs growth. It needs stores and modernization. It seems just the word Grantville is an advertisement for the poor and low class. We need to figure out how to set off a chain of events to change our town for the better.
debbie

Newnan, GA

#14 Jun 17, 2012
how about a place for residents and other locals to play music forfree for entertainment maybe that would be something to start that chain of events
Louis

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jun 18, 2012
So if there were to be a waterpark here in howdy doodie ville. where would it be ?
Amused

Wheatland, WY

#16 Jun 19, 2012
It appears that few of the angry and arguing people have ever seen what was planned. And don't fool yourself into thinking the Summer Program is about kids in Grantville ... we are spending a bunch of money giving daycare programs to kids from outside the city. There are library/reading programs and county programs out there. Anyone wonder what kind of program the city would have gotten if the staff had to bid against other plans and justify their success? That was never going to happen in the no-bid/no-review we got for years.
Just sayin

Newnan, GA

#17 Jun 24, 2012
City does have the money it must spend from the SPLOST fund. This money can only be spent on specific things. Giving us a water park as a great option in the community sounds like a wonderful thing to me. I would be there today.
concerned citizen

Senoia, GA

#18 Mar 5, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
City does have the money it must spend from the SPLOST fund. This money can only be spent on specific things. Giving us a water park as a great option in the community sounds like a wonderful thing to me. I would be there today.
I understand the money is coming from splost funds but the city is always raising our taxes and now they have added the Occupational Tax, thanks to Ms. Jabaley. Her reason is that the city is in a financial bind this tax has been added. My question is if the city is in need of money ,don't we need to use the splost money for something that would create money for the city? Just asking...
citizen

Senoia, GA

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Ms. Jabaley and a few others that run the city have used Grantville to line their pockets. Ms. Jabaley does not pursue anything that doesn't benefit herself. Also how many citizens are tired of people using our city for their own benefits. Mr. Bemis lives in Moreland but his hands and mouth is in Grantville business alot , he would not be here in Grantville if he was not planning to use Grantville for his own agenda and his pockets with money. He is connected with the DDA also. Seems funny to me also most of the people interested in Grantville do not live here & then We even have a person on the GDDA that is President and not even a Citizen of the United States, one that made a fake business with the Mayor so he could be on the DDA to have a vote on decisions for our Downtown . Why can't people be honest?
Louis

Atlanta, GA

#20 Mar 21, 2013
The Whole city gov. is corrupt. if it does not benefit them. then it is never voted on or discussed. and agin this water park idea has popped up. im sure you will have to mail in your membership to old lady jabaleys water park fund. or jim sells. i think they are all in bed together, somehow or another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hogansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel (Jun '16) Aug 8 indict rodent raphan 11
John Garrett Jun '17 Justice Street 4
child ran over a mcdonalds in Hogansville? May '17 sharlene 1
News Police Chief Charged With Rape (Sep '07) Apr '17 Gary 23
Murder in 1998 (Mar '07) Mar '17 nicoleyearta 46
Child Abuser Diane Solis Mar '17 Daisy20 1
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Feb '17 bts 60

Hogansville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hogansville Mortgages