Will Mayor Sells can Lt.Robert Thomas...

Will Mayor Sells can Lt.Robert Thomas? What do you think?

Posted in the Hogansville Forum

Examiner

United States

#1 Nov 24, 2010
How many of you think Mayor Sells should can Lt. Robert "Elvis" Thomas? Please give your opinion...
wow

United States

#2 Nov 24, 2010
dont think he has the ability to. the new chief will have to ride his coat tails until he runs him off. the new chief will probably bring all his crew from the defunkt dekalb sheriff. the new sheriff ran for superior court clerk and lost. why would he come to grantville for less money and not have the ability to hire or fire.
Judge Not

Newnan, GA

#3 Nov 24, 2010
Neither the Mayor, the City Manager or Police Chief have the power to hire or fire anyone. The current council made sure of that by changing the city charter so that they have the power to do this. This means the Mayor is nothing more that a figure head and tie breaker. Doubt there will be much need for many tie breaks. The current council obviously rushed to hire someone without considering how the new mayor or council member feels. Why the rush, we've been without a city manager for over a year. Smells fishy if you ask me. Sells is in for a long hard road if he thinks these people will work together with him.
Another Citizen

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2010
I suspect I'll send any opinions I might have to the incoming Mayor and Police Chief. This rumor mongering site isn't any sort of place for meaningful actions.
Really

Loganville, GA

#6 Dec 8, 2010
How about don't break the law. Everyone that he has given a ticket to has done something wrong and are pissed because he didn't give them a break. The only way that you will learn that you can't break the law is by getting a ticket and paying for it. Don't complain about the cop because you did something wrong and got caught. And we know before you even say it, you didn't do anything wrong right? The prison's are full of people just like you.
Hmm

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Dec 8, 2010
Really wrote:
How about don't break the law. Everyone that he has given a ticket to has done something wrong and are pissed because he didn't give them a break. The only way that you will learn that you can't break the law is by getting a ticket and paying for it. Don't complain about the cop because you did something wrong and got caught. And we know before you even say it, you didn't do anything wrong right? The prison's are full of people just like you.
Well, well, well.. You must be a Police Officer, and he must be your buddy.. Well if he is you might want to pull yourself away from him before you go down as well.. This has absolutely nothing to do with citations my friend.. This has to do with Ethics, Morals, and other infractions that have to do with his ability to even be a Law Enforcement figure... You cant choose your enemies but you can choose your friends so be careful cause your friends may soon be your enemy.. just saying... His (Lt, Thomas) track record shows where he will be soon..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Dec 13, 2010
At times I may not always agree with Really! However I am very strong in my beliefs and this time I agree with Really 100% on this issue! Thank You Really very well said!

As for you HmmÂ…accusations are a terrible thing to make! Since you seem to be implying unethical, corrupt, illegal activities and/or whatever moral issues you claim why sit here and insinuate instead of going through the proper channels to make sure your claims are handled accordingly? Here is a suggestion since you seem so certain call Fox5 I-Team and let them do the investigating for you?

Hypothetically speaking if you had an intruder come in to your home and you were able to call 911 in time and Lt. Thomas was the first to arrive on scene and ultimately saved your life before the intruder murdered you would you feel bad for these awful comments?

Law Enforcement just like our Military Personnel serves and protects us as citizens. I respect each and every one of them. I do not know Lt. Thomas personally nor am I in Law Enforcement but I have had them save my life once in the past from a situation I would not have otherwise survived. I find this very offensive because I know the importance of Law Enforcement and how they can play a very vital role in saving the innocent from unimaginable monsters!
Hmm

Lakeland, FL

#9 Dec 13, 2010
Well Jennifer.. I for one have very high respects for Law Enfrcement.. Most of my family is in Law Enforcement. However I do have knowledge of Lt. Thomas and his actions..or should I say lack there of.. And yes it should be reported..(Oh wait a minute Hmm... It has been). Since you dont know Thomas it really doesnt surprise me that you are taking up for him... But unfortunately the rest of the good officers he works with and worked with dont feel that he is cut out for the job.. But of coarse they wont say anything bad about him if they still work there.. Cause he will suspend them if they do... Just know this, Thomas' time will come and then you and the rest of the people who dont know him will then see his "True Colors".... For the rest of te Grantville Officers... I have the highest respects for them...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 13, 2010
Hmm wrote:
Well Jennifer.. I for one have very high respects for Law Enfrcement.. Most of my family is in Law Enforcement. However I do have knowledge of Lt. Thomas and his actions..or should I say lack there of.. And yes it should be reported..(Oh wait a minute Hmm... It has been). Since you dont know Thomas it really doesnt surprise me that you are taking up for him... But unfortunately the rest of the good officers he works with and worked with dont feel that he is cut out for the job.. But of coarse they wont say anything bad about him if they still work there.. Cause he will suspend them if they do... Just know this, Thomas' time will come and then you and the rest of the people who dont know him will then see his "True Colors".... For the rest of te Grantville Officers... I have the highest respects for them...
Well Hmm...If what you say is true then yes those of us who do not know Lt. Thomas will see his "True Colors" and will understand why those of you feel the way you do! In every walk of life it would seem their are individuals who are for lack of better words corrupt, in the end however many of them do get caught and those of us who had been again for lack of better words naive then realize what that person was truly comprised of! I am not nor have I ever been on a personal level with our revolving door of Police Officers therefore I do not know the "true" good from the "true" bad in our Police Department. With that said it seems to me that there is a constant barrage of bashing with our police officers by certain Grantville citizens, if I remember correctly the last one and I am not even sure of his legal name but they referred to him as the young one was the most recent (prior to Lt. Thomas) to get put on the Axe list for just doing what appeared to be his job from a law abiding citizens point of view. I am still in agreement with Really until there is concrete evidence to prove otherwise. It just seems that the comment Really posted was accurate with past officer bashing on this forum! Like you mentioned and I stated I do not know Lt. Thomas so when and if the "True Colors" come out then yes I am sure I will agree with you but I can not condemn someone when I have no facts.
100 MPH PLUS in Newnan

Newnan, GA

#11 Dec 14, 2010
...or what about the young little officer from GPD who was stopped for speeding on the interstate in excess of 100 mph in his personal vehicle a few weeks ago?
100 MPH PLUS in Newnan

Newnan, GA

#12 Dec 14, 2010
I believe the new Police Chief, Clyburn Halley, should be given the opportunity to perform his functions and dutes as assigned.

It will take time to correct a department which has been without proper leadership over the last six months, build that department with experienced and knowledgeable officers (who know how to read and appropriately use the OCGA), and mold and lead it into the new modern department it should be.

I have met this man personally and liked what I saw. The citizens of Grantville will be this mans mission now and he will perform well in creating cohesion between the department and the citizens of Grantville.

Chief Hally has experience, knowledge, contacts, and the drive to operate a modern and efficient police operation which ultimately benefits the taxpayers and citizens of Grantville and southwestern Coweta.

Please give this man an opportunity to prove all you wrong!
Another Citizen

United States

#13 Dec 16, 2010
100 MPH PLUS in Newnan wrote:
...or what about the young little officer from GPD who was stopped for speeding on the interstate in excess of 100 mph in his personal vehicle a few weeks ago?
He will most likely appear before the judge and have his case heard and disposed of like the rest of the citizens do in that particular court. Or he will plead guilty and pay his fine if he is actually guilty. It is almost magical how the system works when people approach judges and official with a modicum of respect and professionalism.
Disagree

Tyrone, GA

#14 Dec 18, 2010
Another Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
He will most likely appear before the judge and have his case heard and disposed of like the rest of the citizens do in that particular court. Or he will plead guilty and pay his fine if he is actually guilty. It is almost magical how the system works when people approach judges and official with a modicum of respect and professionalism.
So you believe it is OK for a police officer to write tickets and arrest people, then show wreckless disreguard for the law. If this is true he should not have a job as a police officer sworn to uphold the law. Who is the officer and where was he cited?
Sanchez

United States

#15 Feb 24, 2011
Well well well..... Looks like someone was right..... Elvis has left the building....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hogansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This poor excuse didn't even last a year. (Jan '13) Aug 16 ZIONISM is Racism 3
Review: Boost Promotional Group Inc (Mar '15) Aug 15 Unhappy and diapp... 3
Looking for a Rental House (Apr '10) Aug 14 janna 4
Murder in 1998 (Mar '07) Aug 7 understanding 39
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel Aug 5 Zio- fiction 2
Violet Esteppe (Jul '10) Jul 30 TacMed 32
Flags down lowry...INTERNET? Jul 28 Phil 1

Hogansville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hogansville Mortgages