Grantville under the eye of EEOC once again

Posted in the Hogansville Forum

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2010
LMAO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 24, 2010
 
WOW, The city of Grantville really messed up big time last night......They fired the best officer they had for not coming to a meeting.. This meeting occured while he was on Medical leave after having a heart attack that they said happened due to the stress from his job.... Again , I say...WOW.. this person will eventually say " check please".. Do these people not realize they just violated Federal Disability Acts?....City Charter Ordinances, and no telling what else.. Maybe even his Civil Rights.... I hope he hits them where it hurts... In the pocket..
Mr Pleasant

Union City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 25, 2010
 
Funny as hell. All this stuff will fall under casey reign as mayor and she will go down as the worst one that we have ever had.
Youre an Idiot

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 26, 2010
 
Mr Pleasant wrote:
Funny as hell. All this stuff will fall under casey reign as mayor and she will go down as the worst one that we have ever had.
All of the things that have happened are not Mayor Houston's fault - it is the fault of the self serving council members- they out vote her - even when Mrs. Rodgers was still there the other 3 morons out voted them on EVERYTHING - if the Mayor and Rodgers said yes the other 3 always say no. I am sure if you look at the council minutes you will find that the losing of yet another officer was their fault as is every other horrible thing that happens in this town!
What

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 26, 2010
 
Very well said. Thank you!
Youre an Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the things that have happened are not Mayor Houston's fault - it is the fault of the self serving council members- they out vote her - even when Mrs. Rodgers was still there the other 3 morons out voted them on EVERYTHING - if the Mayor and Rodgers said yes the other 3 always say no. I am sure if you look at the council minutes you will find that the losing of yet another officer was their fault as is every other horrible thing that happens in this town!
Mr Pleasant

Union City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 27, 2010
 
Youre an Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the things that have happened are not Mayor Houston's fault - it is the fault of the self serving council members- they out vote her - even when Mrs. Rodgers was still there the other 3 morons out voted them on EVERYTHING - if the Mayor and Rodgers said yes the other 3 always say no. I am sure if you look at the council minutes you will find that the losing of yet another officer was their fault as is every other horrible thing that happens in this town!
All she has to do is veto what they pass. The fact that she just signs what ever they give her shows that she is on board with what ever they do. They could get around her veto, but it would atleast show the people that she is not on board with what they are doing. Everything that they pass goes across her desk for a signature.
Still an idiot

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 30, 2010
 
Mr Pleasant wrote:
<quoted text>All she has to do is veto what they pass. The fact that she just signs what ever they give her shows that she is on board with what ever they do. They could get around her veto, but it would atleast show the people that she is not on board with what they are doing. Everything that they pass goes across her desk for a signature.
You really have NO CLUE how the process works now do you? Once again you are spouting off at things you dont know about.. please go sit in on the meetings and see how Coty, Jabely, and Lundy railroad through and get whatever they want passed NO MATTER what Mrs. Houston says - bottom line if she is outvoted "vetoed" or not then what they say goes you idiot. Wake up!
Mr Pleasant

Union City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 31, 2010
 
Still an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have NO CLUE how the process works now do you? Once again you are spouting off at things you dont know about.. please go sit in on the meetings and see how Coty, Jabely, and Lundy railroad through and get whatever they want passed NO MATTER what Mrs. Houston says - bottom line if she is outvoted "vetoed" or not then what they say goes you idiot. Wake up!
What they say goes sure, she could also refuse to sign it and veto it. That would make them have to vote again. She doesn't want to do that though because she supports their wishes. She has got to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hogansville Discussions

Search the Hogansville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 32 min The WB 49,762
Change in Police Dept Again (Jun '11) Thu PLEASE HELP US 40
Why doesn't Grantville have any grocery stores? Jul 19 Hmmmm 3
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Murder in 1998 (Mar '07) Jun 27 Former Resident 31
out of control neighbors Jun 26 cherok3 2
Best Mexican Restaurant Jun '14 Julio 1
•••
•••

Hogansville News Video

•••
•••

Hogansville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hogansville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hogansville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hogansville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••