Sunrise Manor Locked Down?

Sunrise Manor Locked Down?

Posted in the Hodgenville Forum

Concerned

Trinity, TX

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Does anyone know why noone is allowed in or out of Sunrise Manor? I was told that the Health Dept. locked the doors because they have some virus going around, but that dosen't sound right
Concerned

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Yes, they have something going around. I have heard that the CDC wanted the property restricted until they can figure out what it is.
info

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 27, 2010
when a facility has a virus they usually lock the doors and put it on quarentine so that the virus does not spread into the schools and the public they keep it contained in the facility until the last person that got sick has not had symptoms for at least 72 hours, then they'll let people visit again.
question

Nashville, TN

#4 Jan 27, 2010
wut about the employees? are they allowed to leave?

Since: Dec 08

Cave City, KY

#5 Jan 27, 2010
info wrote:
when a facility has a virus they usually lock the doors and put it on quarentine so that the virus does not spread into the schools and the public they keep it contained in the facility until the last person that got sick has not had symptoms for at least 72 hours, then they'll let people visit again.
They dont do that unless it's something pretty nasty (ie...H1N1 or worse)
question

Nashville, TN

#6 Jan 27, 2010
i was just wondering bc seems like to me if employees are taking care of these patients all day then going hom to their kids then whats the point in quarentining the facility?
humored

Kodak, TN

#7 Jan 28, 2010
lol..yea they shut it down..took hand sanitizer..an complainin about pants touchin the floor..if they see them drag they gonna staple or tape them..if they wanna have a strict dress code then the company should start providin uniforms..one min they make a rule about the dam gloves being worn then they change it..yea there is a virus their calling it the norovirus...but they are gettin outta control..but really contradictin themselves in a since...its stupid and they are making everyone jobs very very stressful..an wonder why they have a hard time keeping people...people thinkin cause they have a name tag with a higher lable that they are big shit..lol...the whole dam place of nurses..lpn..cmts is a joke...one person i have to say in particular which never smiles..never has a nice thing to say about noone should be let go..always sayin hey u didnt do this or u gotta do this..how about once in awhile..sayin hey guys good job..or thanks for comin in on ur day off...or hell even a smile..BITCHES im tellin ya
sunrise basher

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2010
Hey, Sunrise Basher, I know who you are! You are the employee who does not follow rules, has no respect for authority, complains about doing 1 more thing then normal routine and expects your employer to go above & beyond to make every day comfortable and easy for you. You are right in that the past week has had hourly changes, none of which sunrise could refuse to do-they have a boss too, like the state regulators. I don't believe they are out of control, requiring you to follow standard infection control procedures-the virus was Norovirus which is very contagious and hand sanitizers do not kill it, so they were removed for your own good as well as the residents. Pants legs dragging the floor? Where were you during a recent inservice on infection control that told you dragging pants legs and rolled up pants legs were not permitted? Maybe you were the employee who decided you didn't want to come in on your day off so did not attend-even though you are paid to attend! So nobody cares about you because you came in on your day off-did you get paid to come in and also received call in pay for being called in? Have you said hey thanks for that $25 gift card you received at Christmas or your free meal when you work a holiday with double pay or the free meals that have been provided to you during the past week or have you had your co-workers, nurses, cmt's,lpn's come to your rescue when you have had a family crises or at Christmas when you wanted your children to have a good day. You may have not
had that help so you do not even participate in
any fundraisers but many of those BITCHES you refer to have helped you and you have no clue who they are! Health care is VERY STRESSFUL for any employee-top management - line staff. It requires respect, dedication and professionalism which I don't believe you have. You are immature. Don't forget you are paid to do what you do and yes your check is always in the bank. A good employee becomes a TEAM PLAYER AND GIVES BACK. If you have never worked anywhere else in health care, I suggest you apply somewhere else and see if you are allowed to cuss, dress inappropriately, have your uniforms given to you, disrespect authority and call in at random-by the way has anyone had to come in on THEIR day off to cover your absence? Did you thank them? I think your resignation would be a benefit to you and Sunrise since stress and rules are difficult for you to handle.
Proud Employee of Sunrise

Bolivar, MO

#9 Jan 30, 2010
I agree with all the above!!!! Sunrise is a great place to work. They like any other job have rules that must be followed. You should be ashamed, Humored you are one of the lucky, there are many Americans that do not have a job, and can not find one, and yet you take yours for granted. If you don't like it then I suggest you leave. There are going to be rules every where you work. You are probably this disrecpectful no matter what the situation and you are very ungrateful!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Pround Of Sunrise

Cave City, KY

#10 Feb 1, 2010
I think they are doing a great job. THERE DOING Everything they can to keep us safe. I EITHER WORK THERE THEN ANY PLACE I KNOW and so what if they got rules everywhere u go they got them and about them pants you don't know what u got on the bottom of them .and yes they have thanks us to if you lesson to that call they give us they say ty.Isay keep up the good work Surise
SRM Employee

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 1, 2010
I am proud to have a job at Sunrise Manor.It is ashame (Humored) the way you have talk about SRM. You may need to go eles where if you are not happy with your job and the rules.And for you to type about all the Cmt and nurse's and the higer up people. All I can say is Shame Shame on you.
Good People at Sunrise

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Feb 2, 2010
I have had 2 family members and a friend as patients at sunrise over the years and the jobs all the staff do is not easy. There are good and bad employees every where, rules to follow and changes made. Sounds like there are more positive than negative to be said about the place!!!!! Hodgenville is lucky to have a place to take care of its sick and elderly.
star

Bardstown, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2010
i agree that nurses,cmts dont like to get there hands dirty!they treat cnas like slaves,when were all here to help these sick peolpe! it would be a better place to work if we all worked together! but they think cause they make more money than the cnas they are better,well quess what nurses your no better than nobody so get over it and get your hands nasty okay b***hes
Former Employee

Glasgow, KY

#14 Feb 2, 2010
Well "star" I think it is pretty funny that said "nurses and cmt's dont like to get their hands dirty and treat CNA's like slaves" because I was a CNA there for 5 years and had a very different experience. Not only did nurses and cmt's assist me when I needed help toileting or transferring residents but even the administrator helped take people to the dining room or activities when passing. I have also noticed other staff members going above and beyond their job titles such as when the PT striped the parking lot (I dont think this was in his job title), the Director of Housekeeping waxing the floor on a weekend I was working, and the administrator coming in on a Thanksgiving Day and personally thanking staff members for working when she knew they would rather be with their own families. These are just a few of the times I was blessed to watch the effort Sunrise Manor management to improve work conditions for staff and residents. As a side note I would like to say that I was trained by some of the most impressive CNA's I have met in my 7+ years as a healthcare worker and watched as they assisted residents and family members who were dealing with heartbreaking situations.
I would like to say to any SRM employee that if you are this unhappy with your job situation you should go work for another healthcare facility where you will have 1 CNA caring for 14 residents, or go work at McDonalds because obviously you dont have the compassion and work ethic I have witnessed from other CNA's at Sunrise Manor and you are the type of CNA that the people on here are bad mouthing SRM for in the first place. I want to thank all of the CNA's who have compassion and who care enough about their residents to listen to management and understand that they are only trying to keep you staffed when you partner on the floor calls in because they dont want to get out of bed. GO SRM AND THE AWSOME PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE especially the devoted CNA's who are trying hardest to provide residents with high quality healthcare.
star

Bardstown, KY

#15 Feb 2, 2010
oh boo hoo cry me a river! ive been cna for 20yrs! and ever place is the same over worked and under paid!
Former Employee

Glasgow, KY

#16 Feb 2, 2010
20 year employees dont get on topix and bad mouth SRM...so I know you havent worked there for 20 years. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you get on the internet and make slanderous remarks. ps Maybe you were one of those people who should go apply at McDonalds.
wondering

Cave City, KY

#17 Feb 2, 2010
OKKK so enough drama...I live behind the damn nursing home...do I need to be worried about some crazy virus????
star

Bardstown, KY

#18 Feb 3, 2010
ive never worked there ive heard alot of bad stuff about that place! wouldnt take my family member there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hodgenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know where the Burgess sisters are ... (May '10) 5 hr Bonny sue 28
Mrs m Gowen Thu You kow 1
Matt Benett methhead Aug 24 Lily 10
jamie price. (Apr '10) Aug 24 Wondering 26
Todd Elmore (Jun '15) Aug 23 The brian hutcherson 24
Corey brooks snitch? (Apr '15) Aug 21 duh 6
ladies answer (Nov '14) Aug 21 shawn 6

Hodgenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance