Is Abraham Lincoln's Real Last Name S...

Is Abraham Lincoln's Real Last Name Springs?

Posted in the Hodgenville Forum

Seeking truth

Clermont, KY

#1 Oct 21, 2008
There's a lot of information that suggest Abraham's biological father was not Lincoln.
I'm not necessarily believing the information. There's very little information about Abe's mother. George Bush is supposed to be an 8th cousin to Abraham Lincoln. I can't figure out how the Bush family could be related to him since the Lincolns or the Hanks didn't have royal blood.

Any thoughts regarding this?
Seeking truth

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 22, 2008
Do the people of Hodgenville care about the important history of their town?
Char S

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jul 1, 2014
I don't know if George Bush is related to Abraham Lincoln. I do know that Isaac LaRue that married Phebe Carman would be the only way they could be related. John Carman had a daughter, Abigail Carman who married a Benjamin Coe, who is the side that Barbara Bush is related to. My side John Carman also had a son also by the name John Carman which is the side my family follows. Isaac LaRue married Phebe Carman, my sixth Great Grandparents. I was shocked to find out that Barbara Bush is my 8th Great Aunt. So George Bush would be a distant cousin of mine.
GWB

Lebanon, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2014
Abraham Lincoln's real last name was not Springs, it was Sprowls. His grandson, Joel Ray, runs a Jamboree. Joel Ray's son, Charles, is the drummer. They call it "The Lincoln Jamboree." Me and my daddy, George H.W. Bush, used to go down there and get Dilly Burgers.
Lyle

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2014
I mow gwass eat cheetoes.
Well

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jul 19, 2014
I'm seriously interested in the history of Larue. Would love to read more from the old timers who have more knowledge of Lincoln and his relatives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hodgenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is there more white girls with black guys t... (Feb '12) 1 hr Thank you 192
My fecal matter is disgusting! 10 hr Kurt 1
My son says felching is cool? What is? 11 hr Patsy 1
Wet Dry Vote 20 hr Darrel 3
Just noticed some eye candy is gone 21 hr Citizen 9
josh bottoms? (Oct '15) Feb 18 Wrong 24
John Paul King (Jun '10) Feb 18 Blast from the past 12

Hodgenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance