do we need him
Hardtobelieve

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 20, 2011
Hell no send his #$@ back to Grayson County
haha

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 20, 2011
grayson county people toke over jail I thout this was larue county and larue county jobs
Joker

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 20, 2011
haha wrote:
grayson county people toke over jail I thout this was larue county and larue county jobs
OK, first. Why are we housing state inmates? Why are we attempting to become a tourist stop for federal inmates? Between The County Attorney and the Sheriff's office we have just as many of our own criminals on the streets.

Second, We as a community several years ago voted Dale Morris,(well capable, intelligent and competent attorney) in as County Attorney. His time in office- i have noticed he has required an assistant county attorney, the lovely and equally talented Ms. Kinkade, now he wants a detective??? One that is desiring to bring into our community more state prisoners and now Federal prisoners too. Like we do not have any problems of our own they desire taking on the rest of the worlds problems. Mr. Morris, you are without a doubt.......... losing your mind.
Jail and Bail

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 20, 2011
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, first. Why are we housing state inmates? Why are we attempting to become a tourist stop for federal inmates?
As a retired employee of the Hardin County Detention Center I can tell you why, it's about bringing in enough money to pay the Jail bills. In Hardin Co. They had to put in about $3 million a year to balance the jail budget. Now that I've moved to LaRue Co. I don't want my taxes to have to be raised to pay the Jail bills. If they can bring in money from renting their beds out then more power to them. I voted for Cottrill and if he can't run the jail so that they have to dig in my pocket deeper to keep the jail afloat then me, my wife, brother in law, his wife and 2 kids, all who voted for Cottrill, will be voting for somebody else next time.
think

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2011
paying grayson county people to do larue county jobs is like paying nun to take care of district 3 it does not make sence they dont care about the job just the money we need someone who really cares
Joker

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2011
Jail and Bail wrote:
<quoted text>
As a retired employee of the Hardin County Detention Center I can tell you why, it's about bringing in enough money to pay the Jail bills. In Hardin Co. They had to put in about $3 million a year to balance the jail budget. Now that I've moved to LaRue Co. I don't want my taxes to have to be raised to pay the Jail bills. If they can bring in money from renting their beds out then more power to them. I voted for Cottrill and if he can't run the jail so that they have to dig in my pocket deeper to keep the jail afloat then me, my wife, brother in law, his wife and 2 kids, all who voted for Cottrill, will be voting for somebody else next time.
So, the Federal g'vt pays the Larue County Jail (tax money) from your left pocket, and since the local (tax money) from your right pocket isn't being used, you feel better? It eludes me as to how you or any member of your tax-paying family are saving any money? Yet, you lose community integrity by inviting federal prisoners to our area. At the point of their release, they are like the famous line in poltergeist. "They're HERE". I too, voted Cottrill.

I have absolutely no confidence in Joey Stanton. It is my belief that his policies and attempt to better a community involve manipulating an uneducated people into false practices, and hidden agendas. Consider his appointment at the jail, none of the ilegal activities or cantraban has seized to exist in the facility, they're merely kept hidden from public knowledge. The facade idea that federal tax money will improve the current situation of the jail and Larue County is at best "monetary manipulation" of said uneducated people. While he strives to become detective for Larue County, it is my firm belief that Larue County should investigate him. His motives, and the gains he himself will prosper through your ignorance.
ridiculous

Raywick, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2011
think wrote:
paying grayson county people to do larue county jobs is like paying nun to take care of district 3 it does not make sence they dont care about the job just the money we need someone who really cares
What's the matter, did YOU want the job? Do you know anyone else more qualified who applied or was considered? What's the big deal. I live in Hogtown and work in Louisville. Nobody in all the years I've commuted has EVER told me they didn't want me working there because I don't live there. This is a ridiculous statement.
think

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2011
stanton hired his people from grayson county he did not give larue cty people chance now his buddys have the jobs sorry you have to work in louisville you mite go to work at the jail closer to home if you are from grayson cty
ridiculous

Raywick, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2011
think wrote:
stanton hired his people from grayson county he did not give larue cty people chance now his buddys have the jobs sorry you have to work in louisville you mite go to work at the jail closer to home if you are from grayson cty
I said I live in Hogtown. You totally missed the point of my post. It is ridiculous that the only complaint you have about this is that the people hired are from out of town. That's just silly. If someone lived in Etown and worked in Hville would you feel better. If someone lives in Hodgenville and works in Etown, is that wrong to you? You sound like you just don't like the guy, so you are going to complain about something. Why not complain about the work he does or doesn't do. Why not complain about the job that he's done or hasn't done. The place he lays his head at night is just an excuse for you to complain, or at least that's how you are coming across.
Jail and Bail

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2011
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the Federal g'vt pays the Larue County Jail (tax money) from your left pocket, and since the local (tax money) from your right pocket isn't being used, you feel better? It eludes me as to how you or any member of your tax-paying family are saving any money?

I have absolutely no confidence in Joey Stanton. The facade idea that federal tax money will improve the current situation of the jail and Larue County is at best "monetary manipulation" of said uneducated people. While he strives to become detective for Larue County, it is my firm belief that Larue County should investigate him. His motives, and the gains he himself will prosper through your ignorance.
Well Joker, I've seen comments on here a few times that you're dumber than hell. I always believed in giving the benefit of the doubt but now you've proved it to me, you are. If you're to stupid to see how income from outside LaRue County taking the place of money generated inside LaRue County is not a good thing for LaRue County citizens then you're just plain dumb. And I'm using kind language as to really describe you would take language I shouldn't use here.

I know Stanton and worked with him some while I was at Hardin Co. I doubt there's anyone in KY that knows more about running a county jail than him. Well that is except you Joker, you're an expert on everything.
Sound Management

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 21, 2011
think wrote:
Who in LaRue County had the experience to step in and work there when the stat threatened to shut it down due to Trumbo's mismanagement. More than 2/3 of the folks working there are from LaRue County. If the ones there weren't competent I'm sure Johnny wouldn't keep them. Get ready, you're going to hear some headlines about these "good LaRue County workers" you talk about when severeal of them are indicted in the near future for how they ran the jail. Thank goodness Stanton hired some competent folks to clean up this embarassing mess.
Joker

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jan 21, 2011
Jail and Bail wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Joker, I've seen comments on here a few times that you're dumber than hell. I always believed in giving the benefit of the doubt but now you've proved it to me, you are. If you're to stupid to see how income from outside LaRue County taking the place of money generated inside LaRue County is not a good thing for LaRue County citizens then you're just plain dumb. And I'm using kind language as to really describe you would take language I shouldn't use here.
I know Stanton and worked with him some while I was at Hardin Co. I doubt there's anyone in KY that knows more about running a county jail than him. Well that is except you Joker, you're an expert on everything.
Thank you for the refrain to utilize profane language. I truely do appreciate your efforts. Now, set the banana down and come out of the tree and explain to me how the money from your left pocket isnt yours? "EXPERT". Why do I get the feeling you really mean, "EX" as in has-been and "PERT" as in drip with a problem. LOL. My views and opinions I share with each of you wonderful outstanding primates, are not carved in stone. However, my bucket does not have holes in it, nor does "silly putty" reside in my head. The issues and monetary deficits facing Larue County Residents, due to the poor state of the Larue County Jail isn't being addressed by housing Federal Prisoners.(rapists, murderers, smugglers, identity thieves, etc...) It is asking for a whole new set of issues and introduces the potential co-existance of "high-risk" felony-offenders to a county that already has inefficeint law enforcement, coupled with a judicial system less than competent enough to mold adequate punishment for repeat offenders. Asking your "big-brother" to use "your" money to pay your electricity bill, doesn't make alot of since to me. You seem to be so focused on not having your local taxes raised, you fail to realize you put yourself at risk to have your federal taxes raised. What's the difference in the twenty dollars in your left pocket, and the twenty dollars in your right pocket?
Concerned

Delaware, OH

#14 Jan 21, 2011
Exactly what are the current conditions in the Larue County Jail? I thought they cleaned up all of the problems. Am I wrong?
well good

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jan 21, 2011
where are they gona put these FEDS. We dont have the beds for them. There are 6 to 10 people sleeping on the floor of that crap hole.
Joker

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Jan 21, 2011
well good wrote:
where are they gona put these FEDS. We dont have the beds for them. There are 6 to 10 people sleeping on the floor of that crap hole.
Give them a small piece of the farm so they can build a new facility. LOL
Jail and Bail

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 21, 2011
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the refrain to utilize profane language. I truely do appreciate your efforts. Now, set the banana down and come out of the tree and explain to me how the money from your left pocket isnt yours? "EXPERT". Why do I get the feeling you really mean, "EX" as in has-been and "PERT" as in drip with a problem. LOL. My views and opinions I share with each of you wonderful outstanding primates, are not carved in stone. However, my bucket does not have holes in it, nor does "silly putty" reside in my head. The issues and monetary deficits facing Larue County Residents, due to the poor state of the Larue County Jail isn't being addressed by housing Federal Prisoners.(rapists, murderers, smugglers, identity thieves, etc...) It is asking for a whole new set of issues and introduces the potential co-existance of "high-risk" felony-offenders to a county that already has inefficeint law enforcement, coupled with a judicial system less than competent enough to mold adequate punishment for repeat offenders. Asking your "big-brother" to use "your" money to pay your electricity bill, doesn't make alot of since to me. You seem to be so focused on not having your local taxes raised, you fail to realize you put yourself at risk to have your federal taxes raised. What's the difference in the twenty dollars in your left pocket, and the twenty dollars in your right pocket?
Joker, all I can say is you are one dumb SOB.
Joker

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jan 21, 2011
Jail and Bail wrote:
<quoted text>
Joker, all I can say is you are one dumb SOB.
My mother thanks you for your comment. However, as a "dumb SOB" I still encourage you or anyone else in favor of Joey Stanton, and his ridiculous "vocational intrique" to enlighten me. The present political state of Larue County, coupled with this risky intrique of his is no more than a "tourist brochure" for the criminal-minded of America to consider this small area to call home.

Just for the record, I find your posts to be mere psychological junkfood. Please stop contributing to the intellectual obeisity of Larue County.
think

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jan 22, 2011
joey stanton is tommy turner and dale morris good buddy and we will pay his 60000 a year no matter what the people of larue county say even if we have to pay more taxes to keep him
Jail and Bail

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 22, 2011
think wrote:
joey stanton is tommy turner and dale morris good buddy and we will pay his 60000 a year no matter what the people of larue county say even if we have to pay more taxes to keep him
You've got it backwards, what Stanton is doing will keep LaRue Countians from paying more taxes. We've got a lot of "experts" on here that are anything but that when it comes to undstanding how jail operations work. In Hardin County we put about $3,000,000 into the jail budget from local tax dollars to balance it. To compare LaRue to counties more comparable in size I emailed some friends who work in surrounding counties and got their numbers. Hart County puts in about $800,000 a year, Nelson about $1,800,000, Taylor about $1,000,000. LaRue is about $150,000. Say what you want as your opinion but when you deal in facts and hard numbers the opinions go out the window. Before Stanton got involved the amount LaRue was putting in was about $500,000. So your comment that with Stanton taxes will go up is just the opposite of the truth. Its without him the probably would. I don't care who's friend he is or isn't (I know there are several on here, or their family members, who he fired at the jail....from what I know we'll hear quite a bit about them when indictments are handed down in the near future) as long as he does a job that manages our tax dollars well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hodgenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Obama Zombies 155,436
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 35 min Truth 7,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 9 hr Big Stevie 81,660
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 10 hr Big Stevie 16,184
Who is she 10 hr i know 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Mon BIG_STEVIE 26,296
EMS Jamie Miller steals over $17,000.00 in Over... Mon Watching 72

Hodgenville Jobs

Hodgenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hodgenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hodgenville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]