thin blue line

Princeton, IL

#41 Sep 17, 2012
in the know wrote:
Regardless of Ofc Taulbee's personal life or demeanor, in this situation he was doing the job he was sworn to uphold. He responded to a call for assistance. A call that officers around the world respond to every day. Appalachian American sounds like one of those people who bitch just to hear themselves. Too bad you're too ignorant to gather some information before shooting your mouth off. In the end, one must realize that if police don't chase the badguys then who will. You? I think not. When you think about insignificant traffic violations and what they yield I always remember whet I think was the most important traffic stop ever made. A vigilant Oklahoma State Trooper stopped a guy for the most insignificant violation of having an unsecured license plate on his vehicle. Long story short, that car was operated by Timothy McVey who had just bombed a federal building. Police officers are taught to stop peop;le for minor infraction because they sometimes reveal greater crimes. And why do we as a civilized people hold the muder of our police officers to a different standard than the murders of our civilian population? That's a easy question to answer. Law inforcement is the line between civil organization and chaos. No one wants a worls where anarchy rules. We not only want but demand that law enforcement be there to protect our families and property to the best of their ability. When one is killed in the line of duty, it shocks the conscience that someone has wrongfully taken one of our defenders. All accused are entitled to a fair and speedy trial. However, I hope this young man realizes what he has done and fully cooperates with law enforcement so that a trial is unnecessary and he can serve his time in peace. Ofc Taulbee leaves behind a wife and two children as his legacy. After typing this out I came to a realization: A police officer knows that he may lose his life before his tour of duty ends that day. If he does lose his life, he knows that his brothers and sisters will carry on and fill the void that he has left. His brothers and sisters will continue to watch over HIS family in his absence. With this knowledge he has peace. Who will watch over your family if you were taken from them? "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God."- Matthew 5:9
AMEN.

To the Taulbee family:

I hope you are not reading this but if you are, your dad and husband was a great man. He was well thought of across the commonwealth. Don't pay attention to the negative. His brothers and sisters have yours and his back.
wondering

Scottsville, KY

#42 Sep 17, 2012
sosad wrote:
<quoted text>oops, are all the idiots on here today....look at what you just wrote..
So you have nothing to do but insult? i ask a question as if he was behind him or if he thought he went that way and was trying to catch up to him i dont think that makes me a idiot.
twatter

Elizabethtown, KY

#43 Sep 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing to do but insult? i ask a question as if he was behind him or if he thought he went that way and was trying to catch up to him i dont think that makes me a idiot.
no, it pretty much does. your momma might have told you that you are smart but there are other knives in the drawer a whole lot sharper. read the paper for one thing. watch the tv or ask someone personally.
ohyeah

Vine Grove, KY

#44 Sep 17, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>We can all tell you are a problem, probably in trouble all the time. It is plain to see you are not a law abiding citizen. What if this were your family member, I bet it would be a different story wouldn't it. This is a dad, son and someone protecting your sorry A&& and you are so cruel. Do you think the family might read your post? You don't need to be posting if you don't have anything good to say. This family is going thru a very hard time right now. Maybe you might say a prayer for them and not bash the officer killed. He was just doing his job....R.I.P Officer.. Prayers go out to the family..
This is very well said!
tommy

Glasgow, KY

#45 Sep 17, 2012
Gray, I agreed with everything you said until I got to that last line.

'Just don't break the main rule don't mess with the police.'

The tone of that statement disturbs me, and is a revelation of the way you think. ALL life is precious, after all. Right?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this officer.

wondering

Scottsville, KY

#46 Sep 17, 2012
twatter wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it pretty much does. your momma might have told you that you are smart but there are other knives in the drawer a whole lot sharper. read the paper for one thing. watch the tv or ask someone personally.
I ask question on topix didnt realize you owned it! you and people like you are the reason topix has a bad name.
gray

Princeton, IL

#47 Sep 17, 2012
tommy wrote:

The tone of that statement disturbs me, and is a revelation of the way you think. ALL life is precious, after all. Right?

All life is very precious, even the ones who commit the crimes. That is why we the police don't punish we document the facts and arrange the meetings.

When I said don't mess with the police I mean that. Although Officer Taulbee paid the ultimate sacrifice, Alvis was still charged. If Alvis would not have turned himself in he would have still been apprehended and brought to justice. Alvis chose to mess with the police and in the long run he lost also.
twatter

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Sep 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I ask question on topix didnt realize you owned it! you and people like you are the reason topix has a bad name.
yep, I own it. Thanks for asking. Did you mean to ask "THAT" question? Really? lol
tommy

Glasgow, KY

#49 Sep 17, 2012
I'll take my place in line to pay respects for this man. He died on duty, whether he was chasing a bad guy or helping me protect my family with his life, both of which he would do without question. He deserves a thank you from our community.

Gray, maybe I took your statement out of context. If I did, I apologize. I just thought it came off as somehow being a boastful threat by an officer of the law, which I took you to be. You can bet I have the greatest respect for the integrity of our law enforcement, and as long as power isn't being abused I'll keep it.
OINK

Shepherdsville, KY

#50 Sep 18, 2012
Discipline comes in many ways. Unlike our police dept. death does not discriminate. Reckless behavior has consequences that a badge or flashing lights cannot save you from.
Appalachian American

Dayton, OH

#51 Sep 18, 2012
tommy wrote:
Remember what I said earlier. Some cops are decent people. Many of them are the kids everyone used to hate in school for being a bully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Orginal

Trinity, TX

#52 Sep 18, 2012
App. Am. You are 100% correct! These little penis cops want to show their power; usually they are the Voluntary fire dept. or little fat punks in school! The Uniform makes them SUPERCOP! I respect a good COP> They are getting harder to find nowadays! God bless his family and everyone involved!
tommy

Glasgow, KY

#53 Sep 18, 2012
I don't need to remember what anyone said. I do pretty good thinking on my own and don't need to watch a video to learn about life.
A guy

Elizabethtown, KY

#54 Sep 18, 2012
Missingparts wrote:
The call came through campbellsville police scanner last night . The call was that Larue county was chasing a car thought to be in a domestic dispute . The were coming right up to city limits when Campbellsville police were notified . The campbellsville police were on their way on 210 when the crash happened . I can't say 100% for certain , but I do believe the campbellsville police pulled over the car thought to be the one involved , HOWEVER ... when they check the driver the police came back on to the radio and told dispatch that he was on his way down to campbellsville to find the avis boy . The man was let go to my knowledge. I do pray for this cops family , and children . It's so a tragic event that happened last night . But and there is a big but ! if this Avis boy was not being chased by cops , and fled off before knowing he was being tracked down , then the charges should be dropped . The paper said that later on he turned himself in , well that just goes to show you that the campbellsville police did NOT find him on 210 , therefor how could the Larue county police been on a high speed chase if they reported he was on 210 ? Larue county was chasing wrong car I think .
The wreck didn't happen anywhere close to Campbellsville city limits, though. It happened just down from Wesley Meadows -- the church at the corner of 210 and 470.

And Appalachian American: stop trolling and get a freaking life.
Appalachian American

Lexington, KY

#55 Sep 18, 2012
A guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The wreck didn't happen anywhere close to Campbellsville city limits, though. It happened just down from Wesley Meadows -- the church at the corner of 210 and 470.
And Appalachian American: stop trolling and get a freaking life.
Are you a co-owner with twatter in ownership of topix? If not, maybe you two could get a room and see who comes out on top (pun intended).
need new

Hodgenville, KY

#56 Sep 18, 2012
Why is everyone arguing about a complete @$$hole cop? No offense. I'm studying Law Enforcement in college and I've interviewed people around town about cops here, what they expect/would LIKE to expect, and what they receive. Heard nothing but bad things from EVERY person about this guy.

So, prayers sent from me? Sure, but otherwise I don't care anymore. Let's go on with our lives people.
in the know

Ft Mitchell, KY

#57 Sep 19, 2012
Slim Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Are you referring to law enforcement officers as peacemakers? I thought we were all children of God!
I'm not saying that any other class of person does or does not qualify as a "child of God." I am quoting the scripture as handed down to us. No more, no less.
Mandy

United States

#58 Sep 19, 2012
My heart goes out to his family as it would even if he wasn't a cop. He was a personw ho left behind loved ones. I don't know all the facts, so I am not going to comment on whether he should have been in a high speed chase. I didn't know him so I can't say anything about what kind of person he was, but he did have loved ones which people need to remember.
good guy

Raywick, KY

#59 Sep 19, 2012
he was a great cop. and a good person.
Slim Jim

United States

#60 Sep 19, 2012
sosad wrote:
<quoted text>Now how stupid are you?? Sure we are all children of God but we are not all police officers, they are here to protect and serve. Who do you call when there is a problem at your place or you see someone getting beat up or a robbery, ok then... What exactly do you do for a living or do you do anything or are someone like the officers working to pay your way with their taxes. Why get on here and act like your mama dropped you when you were a baby, not just once but over and over..Go look for a job, you have to much free time..
You sound like the kind of person that has an answer to everything. I bet you could solve all the worlds problems. To say I was probably dropped on my head as a child isn't very nice. Maybe I do have a job. How would you know if I did or not? Things you have stated in your response aren't very christian like of you. Are you catholic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hodgenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Larue County Law Suit 2 hr Bofo 34
luis serrano new pedophile!!! 8 hr SHAMe 1
jail 11 hr lisa 1
robert philpot (Mar '10) Sat Billy 47
Girl at Papa Johns Sat B tea 2
Interracial (Jan '10) Oct 19 Very simple 102
Superficial hypocritical bigots Oct 18 HONEST 14

Hodgenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance