Deaths of sea birds investigated

Deaths of sea birds investigated

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 20, 2007, titled Deaths of sea birds investigated. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Associated Press HOBE SOUND State wildlife officials are investigating the deaths of scores of sea birds being found along Florida's east coast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Alan Guss

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 20, 2007
Visiting Indialantic beaches (Melbourne beach area) noticed 11 dead sea birds in 2 days. All the same species.
Steve

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jun 20, 2007
Probably died of shock when they saw the prices for housing, insurance and property taxes
Eddie Arrington

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Jun 20, 2007
I was fishing off of the Boca inlet 3 to 5 miles off shore on Sunday and saw 2 of these birds floating near weed-lines. There were also several of these birds diving at our artificial lures while we were trolling and this was the first time I had ever seen this happen. I am concerned and hope that whatever is causing these deaths, is corrected.
lcbnt

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 21, 2007
Just saw story on dead sea birds in the news. As my husband and I were fishing off Boca Raton on Sunday we noticed an unusual influx of starving birds on a weedline in 400 feet of water. We have fished these waters over 20 years and never had birds attacking our baits. They were getting tangled in the lines and we had to quit fishing. As we talked to other fisherman, we found they all had the similar problem. As we came in from fishing, we saw many dead birds on a weedline in 400 feet of water. They may be dead from flying into the lines of boats trolling as we were. People are writing about it on all the florida fishing forums online. In 20 years we've never seen this happen. Just wanted to share this with you.

Linda Novick

lcbnt@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobe Sound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting Cartoonists (May '15) 1 hr Osama 8
Stuart Florida Justice System Favors Men Over B... 1 hr Osama 4
Richard Driscoll Sat It smells 2
News $20,000 reward by FBI offered in Jupiter shootings (Mar '17) Feb 16 Moongeist 56
Gavin Eugene Long---Martyr, Hero. (Oct '16) Feb 11 Paddy 7
News Woman Flies into Rage over Judge Judy (Jan '12) Feb 10 brooke 104
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) Feb 3 Biggs 156

Hobe Sound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hobe Sound Mortgages