Deaths of sea birds investigated

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Associated Press HOBE SOUND State wildlife officials are investigating the deaths of scores of sea birds being found along Florida's east coast.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Alan Guss

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Visiting Indialantic beaches (Melbourne beach area) noticed 11 dead sea birds in 2 days. All the same species.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Probably died of shock when they saw the prices for housing, insurance and property taxes
Eddie Arrington

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

I was fishing off of the Boca inlet 3 to 5 miles off shore on Sunday and saw 2 of these birds floating near weed-lines. There were also several of these birds diving at our artificial lures while we were trolling and this was the first time I had ever seen this happen. I am concerned and hope that whatever is causing these deaths, is corrected.
lcbnt

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Just saw story on dead sea birds in the news. As my husband and I were fishing off Boca Raton on Sunday we noticed an unusual influx of starving birds on a weedline in 400 feet of water. We have fished these waters over 20 years and never had birds attacking our baits. They were getting tangled in the lines and we had to quit fishing. As we talked to other fisherman, we found they all had the similar problem. As we came in from fishing, we saw many dead birds on a weedline in 400 feet of water. They may be dead from flying into the lines of boats trolling as we were. People are writing about it on all the florida fishing forums online. In 20 years we've never seen this happen. Just wanted to share this with you.

Linda Novick

lcbnt@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hobe Sound Discussions

Search the Hobe Sound Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Environmentalists fight Lake Worth over ocean d... (Jun '07) 4 hr janet fitzgerald 49
Organized Criminal-Gang Stalking in Florida (Jan '11) Fri Anna 133
Treasure Coast Recovery (May '13) Jul 9 Ann M 6
Review: TMJ & Orthodontics - William J Bryant DDS (Mar '09) Jul 8 Maria 10
Bow & Arrow for Home Defense (Feb '08) Jul 8 Josh 22
LAHIA enabling criminals to victimize you. Jul 8 Peter 7
9-11 Known Since 1997 (Jun '13) Jul 7 Sayitaintso 32
•••
•••
•••
Hobe Sound Dating

more search filters

less search filters