Florida Man Catches 800-Pound Gator w...

Florida Man Catches 800-Pound Gator with Fishing Pole

There are 30 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Sep 20, 2011, titled Florida Man Catches 800-Pound Gator with Fishing Pole. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

A Florida man with a mere fishing pole reeled in a big one that didn't get away: a 12-foot, 800-pound alligator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OZZY

Rock Springs, WY

#1 Sep 20, 2011
Stupid redneck.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#2 Sep 20, 2011
Talk about a big soup pot of alligator stew, company's comin'....

“Meow”

Since: May 07

Yacking up a topix hairball

#3 Sep 20, 2011
Well, of course. Anyone can catch an 800lb Gator with a fishing pole if, like this guy, you have a .44 caliber firearm to back it up. This article's title is lame and misleading.

Bait and switch should be illegal in journalism as it is in sale advertisements.

“I care more about my character”

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Little Cat wrote:
Well, of course. Anyone can catch an 800lb Gator with a fishing pole if, like this guy, you have a .44 caliber firearm to back it up. This article's title is lame and misleading.
Bait and switch should be illegal in journalism as it is in sale advertisements.
Yeah, I was about to say, no fishing pole or line would have held it.
Guess he'll be the new member on "Swamp People".

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 20, 2011
Humans are the most savage creatures of all. We are the best killing for no reason.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 20, 2011
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Humans are the most savage creatures of all. We are the best killing for no reason.
There is always a reason, even if you can't see it.

Since: Jul 07

Duncan, Canada

#7 Sep 21, 2011
Sometimes "a puny bass rod" could just be as powerful,as long as you know how to use it right!!

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#8 Sep 21, 2011
parents run Southern Life Taxidermy and Guide Service in Hobe Sound,

what a tale of a tail

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#9 Sep 21, 2011
Oh please. We’ve caught gators this size over the years a dozen times in turtle traps with 100LB test and little .22. I got my first one when I was 14 Big deal!

I like the redneck girl in this picture. She looks like EVERYONE's sister!

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#10 Sep 21, 2011
_yernogood- wrote:
Oh please. We’ve caught gators this size over the years a dozen times in turtle traps with 100LB test and little .22. I got my first one when I was 14 Big deal!
I like the redneck girl in this picture. She looks like EVERYONE's sister!
you never saw GENO's night time sister GINA

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

#11 Sep 21, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
you never saw GENO's night time sister GINA
Isn't i like Jethro and Jethrina?

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

#12 Sep 21, 2011
IT...not I!!!
Isn't IT like jethro and jeth...
SpaceBlues

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2011
tallyho wrote:
parents run Southern Life Taxidermy and Guide Service in Hobe Sound,
what a tale of a tail
True...
Talkin to losers

Decatur, IL

#14 Sep 21, 2011
Little Cat wrote:
I agree! A 44cal. sure does make it easier to get in the boat especially when it is DEAD! All he did was get it up by the side of the boat with out braking the line! Big Deal!

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#15 Sep 21, 2011
_yernogood- wrote:
IT...not I!!!
Isn't IT like jethro and jeth...
yes , I just got home
Paris Hilton

Huntington, NY

#16 Sep 21, 2011
Why was the gator fishing? They usually just attack their prey.
How did he do it? Did he sneak up on it while it was baiting the hook?
Talkin to losers

Decatur, IL

#17 Sep 21, 2011
Paris Hilton wrote:
Why was the gator fishing? They usually just attack their prey.
How did he do it? Did he sneak up on it while it was baiting the hook?
You put a piece of rotten chicken on a big hook and they go after it. A Gator will eat almost anything dead or alive. I think you are thinking more of crocs than gators. Watch an episode of "Swamp People "on A&E and you will learn enough to see that it is not that difficult mind wise but very dangerous physically. Some of thes gators are 12 feet long and weigh 800-100 pounds.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 21, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always a reason, even if you can't see it.
Only a human could come up with that rationalization. What "reason" is there to take the life of another living being which hasn't harmed you?
Talkin to losers

Decatur, IL

#19 Sep 21, 2011
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Only a human could come up with that rationalization. What "reason" is there to take the life of another living being which hasn't harmed you?
Hasn't harmed you YET! Jump in the water with a gator and see if he feels the same way about you! Plus the gator is basically completely harvested. The meat,skin,teeth and claws are all used in some fashion. Even if you save the head as a trophy you are still using basically the entire gator besides that!

Since: Mar 11

Louisiana

#20 Sep 21, 2011
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Only a human could come up with that rationalization. What "reason" is there to take the life of another living being which hasn't harmed you?
City Folk!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobe Sound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Costco 23 hr Joe 1
Catfish episode, Courtney Wolfe, Kayla and Fran... Nov 22 TRUTHTELLER 1
Courtney on tonight's Catfish Episode....Anybod... (Apr '16) Nov 22 TRUTHTELLER 8
Severe Child Torture Policy in Florida. (Jul '09) Oct '16 Michael Collins 73
Organized, coordinated, criminal-gang, stalking. (Feb '16) Oct '16 Cyclotouriste 6
News Martin cat lovers howl over leash law (Jul '06) Oct '16 Amanda 132
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) Aug '16 Rudamchu 149

Hobe Sound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hobe Sound Mortgages